Acronym.

Westbrook

most of the files on solebox come with a sz 9 (my size) but none of them comes in an 11 (my brother's). does the 10.5 work on an 11? 

56 minutes ago, markdjr said:

Anyone have a plug on 3d printing in the US?  I want to get some of these Blazer heel covers made.

Check your local public library. Depending on the city, They usually have maker spaces you can try. Just be aware that there is some nuance with 3D printing. 

For example, the ones we have in the office have a resolution of a 0.01mm and the one I have at home is 0.1mm. Public use will likely have a resolution of 1mm - makes it harder to reproduce fine details or hide layer lines. 

On 2/12/2022 at 9:22 AM, moneytalks said:

ok stupid question, the escape zipper doesn't seem to work on my (black) acr nike jacket (the non gopnik one). how tf does it work? doesn't look anything like my actual acrnm zips

edit: nvm figured it out it's finicky as shit though

As expected

On 2/14/2022 at 1:04 AM, Yan90 said:

Sacai is a LUXUARY clothing. Lol

Screenshot_20220214-115732~3.png

Completely lunatic. was thinking about coping a J2760 but this act as another stopper for me. Maybe sacai is too luxury for us poor acronym customer

Edited by HK007

I am surprised not more blazer discussion on here.  I was not that excited about it initially, but as soon as I saw the 3d prints I pulled the trigger.  They are awesome, I am hoping someone will reach out or refer a source to get the replacement heel caps printed.  I found a place locally that quoted over $400 usd for SLS, which I cannot justify.

Ask and you shall receive; It's keyboard warrior time again!

Personal thoughts:

I also was not very excited about this blazer (or any of acr's past shoes for that matter) but the SFGANGGGEA event's charm won me over and I like the black/olive shoe now. Those should definitely happen more often.

The logo incisions are not good looking... I'm considering cutting off the nylon weave face fabric with a seam ripper and exposing the white padding as the shoe's new exterior. 

I'm not sure which color lace I prefer yet, playing around with the olive but don't think the black laces look bad either.

It's a shame that the black heel clip doesn't come with the black shoe, but honestly, if you can afford $2k jackets you can afford the $200 other colorway (still sitting online) to swap clips with.

The heel clips work pretty well for removing the shoe with your other foot lol, but it's not as great of a shoe horn as E claims. Too bad acr x nike ran into patent violations and ended up with the current design. The irremovable base for the heel clips have glue that have been sloppily applied. You'll see dried glue leakage when no clip is attached. 

This is nike craftsmanship on acrnm concepts; I don't expect these shoes to be functionally impacting me much. I'm not a sneakerhead and I will beat these shoes up.

However, the design of the customizable heel clips is truly innovative. I wouldn't be surprised if we see nike/others start allowing customers to add-on to their shoes via additional hardware, colors, stickers, etc. just like we saw with brands copying E's designs in the past.

Tip: Do not follow the instructions on the dogtag's and use it for removing/installing heel cages, this will take way longer than it needs to + some of the screws are screwed in too deep for the rounded dogtag to reach lmao.

Lastly, Darkside provided a sticker sheet with new Acronym x Nike graphics and decals (some go on your shoe). If anyone wants it, I'll mail it and some of those other stickers in the photo to the highest donor to https://nymag.com/strategist/article/where-to-donate-to-help-asian-communities-2021.html, screenshots it, and DM's me proof by 2/20. 

click clack end 

IMG_7910.jpg

IMG_7918.jpg

2 hours ago, jeddyhsu said:

If anyone wants it, I'll mail it and some of those other stickers in the photo to the highest donor to https://nymag.com/strategist/article/where-to-donate-to-help-asian-communities-2021.html, screenshots it, and DM's me proof by 2/20. 

based

The logo incisions are not good looking...

not based

5 hours ago, jeddyhsu said:

However, the design of the customizable heel clips is truly innovative. I wouldn't be surprised if we see nike/others start allowing customers to add-on to their shoes via additional hardware, colors, stickers, etc. just like we saw with brands copying E's designs in the past.

I agree with everything except this.  The heel clip/ornament designs, although very creative, are very cringe.  Too much is going on.  Less is more IMO. 

1 hour ago, Flipflop214 said:

I agree with everything except this.  The heel clip/ornament designs, although very creative, are very cringe.  Too much is going on.  Less is more IMO. 

No way, some of the heel clips are very rad and I agree that we will be seeing more of this kind of thing going forward.  The grey reverse swoosh/double lace clip is so sick and is what made me decide to buy the shoes. 

"Just before they were about to go to market, legal was like, ‘Hey, there’s a patent violation, so we can’t actually release this shoe.’ Nike’s designers fortified the heel piece with a plastic shank to keep it from collapsing, avoiding potential litigation and neutering its purpose."

https://www.complex.com/sneakers/acronym-nike-blazer-low-errolson-hugh-interview

"The shoe is almost giving people a platform. It is not a finished product. The point is to finish it yourself, and I think that is a great and healthy way to look at the world."

https://www.numeroberlin.de/2022/02/acronym-dynamics-lab/

2 hours ago, wimcrouwel said:

What happened with the patent violations?

The patent violation was with the undercover daybreaks, which Hugh credits as the precursor to these new blazers. The heel on them was originally designed to collapse but legal nuked it because of the Fly-Ease stuff.

I'm on the same page though, the dogtag sucks for removing screws, the heels don't really help to remove/put on the shoe at all, but all in all the product looks good and the community is super involved by virtue of the customizability, which is the best part.

"The shoe is almost giving people a platform. It is not a finished product. The point is to finish it yourself, and I think that is a great and healthy way to look at the world."

I took this to heart and actually glued down the lasercut bits on my black blazers. Felt kinda stupid at first, but the fact that it arrived scuffed did make me feel at ease with modding it and I like the way it looks a lot better now...Errolson playing 4D chess with this design...

Totally wish I had the black heel clips though, if anyone with the other colourway wants to swap black heel clips for the volt ones that come with the black blazers shoot me a DM...

16 hours ago, LowLevelViolence said:

I took this to heart and actually glued down the lasercut bits on my black blazers. Felt kinda stupid at first, but the fact that it arrived scuffed did make me feel at ease with modding it and I like the way it looks a lot better now...Errolson playing 4D chess with this design...

Totally wish I had the black heel clips though, if anyone with the other colourway wants to swap black heel clips for the volt ones that come with the black blazers shoot me a DM...

I was thinking of doing the same and coloring in the white fabric under.  I did find someone to trade heel clips with me, the black/black looks great and I think the yellow goes really well with the maroon.