Acronym.

Westbrook

On 12/10/2021 at 4:22 PM, msoldano said:

Yo! Was wondering if anyone had some time to form some thoughts about the P38-AD? 

I love how it doesn't have those cargo side pockets like the DS version does -- looks cleaner. And it would be nice to not have to wear a base layer:D

Just signed up after seeing this post, have to promote these pants.
P38-AD is awesome. The insulation liner is super comfy, I didn't have the chance to get a P38-DS so I don't know the difference that much besides the side pockets. I have been wearing it for two weeks in November, with temperatures ranging from 5-15+ C, rarely feel hot indoors, never felt cold outdoors. I also noticed the inside-out wearing style reduces insulation level.

The insulation "fur" isn't dense, but it's fluffy, so you won't feel it being compressed and released when pressing on it. No itch feeling either, the fur lies pretty flat.

The pockets ain't interconnected, there is one set of pockets for each side. There's also no belt loop for the reverse fur side, so you are pretty much solely relying on the adjustable drawcord, ain't that comfortable to have those between the pants and waist I'm gonna say...

I was debating whether I should get the AD or wait until I have a chance for the DS, but after getting this I only wish for another AD pant, it's way too good and I don't want to take it off for cold seasons! 

22 hours ago, HK007 said:

P38-AD is awesome. The insulation liner is super comfy, I didn't have the chance to get a P38-DS so I don't know the difference that much besides the side pockets. I have been wearing it for two weeks in November, with temperatures ranging from 5-15+ C, rarely feel hot indoors, never felt cold outdoors. I also noticed the inside-out wearing style reduces insulation level.

Ahhh that's so awesome you signed up just to respond to me! I really appreciate that. I might want to pull the trigger on a pair bc of this :)

On 12/10/2021 at 3:38 PM, HK007 said:

Just signed up after seeing this post, have to promote these pants.

The insulation "fur" isn't dense, but it's fluffy, so you won't feel it being compressed and released when pressing on it. No itch feeling either, the fur lies pretty flat.

The pockets ain't interconnected, there is one set of pockets for each side. There's also no belt loop for the reverse fur side, so you are pretty much solely relying on the adjustable drawcord, ain't that comfortable to have those between the pants and waist I'm gonna say...

I was debating whether I should get the AD or wait until I have a chance for the DS, but after getting this I only wish for another AD pant, it's way too good and I don't want to take it off for cold seasons! 

I like the P38-AD as well. The insulation is just right. They keep me warm when walking the dog, but I don't get overheated when coming inside, and I don't have to change to un-insulated trousers.

Did anyone actually buy the J1W or did they make a million? 

I actually think its a great jacket. I love the new colors and the fit while slightly comical makes a lot more sense to me. The J1A is tight af if you take your TTS imo and it's a joke with a warm insulator attached. The J1W looks like you can actually move in it. 

Having said all of that, I feel like this is the downside of releasing a J1A every year. I know I'm a going to see 30 of these and that makes me want it less...

Feel like J1 is getting a little old & complex these day.

I'm sure most ppl,including myself, wound choose J1 as first acr jacket because it is the combination of many iconic acr elements. 

I do enjoyed these [tricks] of J1A for a while and then noticed some problem such as the hard to reach chest pocket, the little tight new collar design (starting from 2.2),  interops & WR zip gravity pocket which I may use once per year, and the "feels like I need another airpods next day" forcelock...

To say, each newer version do have some updates like flip gravity pocket, tension zip and wider fit for insulation etc. Not sure if it's me being weird that want a cleaner and simpler jacket rather than a "over engineered" project like complexity...

16 minutes ago, kkuer99 said:

Feel like J1 is getting a little old & complex these day.

I'm sure most ppl,including myself, wound choose J1 as first acr jacket because it is the combination of many iconic acr elements. 

I do enjoyed these [tricks] of J1A for a while and then noticed some problem such as the hard to reach chest pocket, the little tight new collar design (starting from 2.2),  interops & WR zip gravity pocket which I may use once per year, and the "feels like I need another airpods next day" forcelock...

To say, each newer version do have some updates like flip gravity pocket, tension zip and wider fit for insulation etc. Not sure if it's me being weird that want a cleaner and simpler jacket rather than a "over engineered" project like complexity...

I totally agree. The minimalist jackets often have just as much complexity as the maximalist ones like (J1 / J47A / etc), the features are just hidden from view. J84 is a good example where it has tension zip pockets, a unique collar design, and the side pockets are absolutely massive, but on the surface it's more discerning and subtle – it feels like the Rick Rubin of Acronym jackets lol 

12 hours ago, fanki said:

Just tried the J1W-GTPL in a local retailer today. I am a size S in J1A-GTPL. i had to size down to XS on j1w because S just too big….. feels like it s just oversized on the width.

Just take your normal size bro. Larry Hoover didn’t go to jail for you to undersize an intentionally oversized garment. 

Edited by CARLOOA

2 hours ago, fanki said:

Just tried the J1W-GTPL in a local retailer today. I am a size S in J1A-GTPL. i had to size down to XS on j1w because S just too big….. feels like it s just oversized on the width.

J1W, W for WIDE. You don't say! 

(Of course, go with whatever size you want but thought that was too funny)

2 hours ago, fanki said:

J1W is on the right btw lol

4EEEA8C5-3CEA-463E-935E-4CE536333F8B.jpeg

Edited by brainerd666

3 hours ago, RapGameTaylorSwift said:

I totally agree. The minimalist jackets often have just as much complexity as the maximalist ones like (J1 / J47A / etc), the features are just hidden from view. J84 is a good example where it has tension zip pockets, a unique collar design, and the side pockets are absolutely massive, but on the surface it's more discerning and subtle – it feels like the Rick Rubin of Acronym jackets lol 

Very much the reason why I enjoy  my J47 so much. Simple clean design with plenty of features.

2 hours ago, Reylius said:

Bonjour everyone =) Any tips on how to wash Epic (the new version), beside what's written on the garment (detergent powder, double rinse and low temperature) ? Time to clean this P30a-e ! :ph34r:

Are you really asking how to follow the instructions on the garment? Errolson really gonna have to put the choking hazard warning on the new shoes for real. 

18 minutes ago, CARLOOA said:

Are you really asking how to follow the instructions on the garment? Errolson really gonna have to put the choking hazard warning on the new shoes for real. 

nope, just if there were other things to know from your experiences beside the instructions. I thought i was clear, it seems not

13 minutes ago, Reylius said:

nope, just if there were other things to know from your experiences beside the instructions. I thought i was clear, it seems not

Nope, instructions are all you need.  Washed my P10-E's a few times now as per instructions after some substantial thrashing and they came out perfect every time.  Still water repellant and basically same hand feel as brand new.  Hope they'll work into something a little softer (quieter?) in time though!  Also note that I've been doing what the tags say on all my ACR stuff for years and never had a problem.

On 12/14/2021 at 5:19 PM, Reylius said:

I spilled some hamburger grease on my trousers a short time ago. I followed the washing instructions on the label and the stain was still there. The stain was tallow/beef fat only!

So I washed them again in warm water with all other instructions as per the label. Still no luck. So applied a liberal does of "Shout" and then washed the trousers in warm rather than cold water. The stain was finally removed. There was no apparent harm to the garment, but perhaps some of the weather proofing was removed. (Some stated in an earlier thread that these E garments were good for 50 washes?) In any event, I broke some of the washing rules.(I like to live Life on the Edge!) and nothing bad happened. but maybe the laundry police will show up with a warrant.

Edited by Roofmann
spelling

13 hours ago, Roofmann said:

I spilled some hamburger grease on my trousers a short time ago. I followed the washing instructions on the label and the stain was still there. The stain was tallow/beef fat only!

So I washed them again in warm water with all other instructions as per the label. Still no luck. So applied a liberal does of "Shout" and then washed the trousers in warm rather than cold water. The stain was finally removed. There was no apparent harm to the garment, but perhaps some of the weather proofing was removed. (Some stated in an earlier thread that these E garments were good for 50 washes?) In any event, I broke some of the washing rules (I like to live Life on the Edge!) and nothing bad happened. but maybe the laundry police will show up with a warrant1

Thanks for the feedbacks! If you have any hint about the waterproofness of your garment next time it's raining, let us know !

Edited by Reylius

On 12/13/2021 at 11:56 AM, zxcvbnnn said:

J99 came in. The wide fit is a welcome change from the other slimmer insulators - pretty sure I could fit two of me in here. Incredibly versatile too. It can take on several silhouettes depending on how you close it, and it looks good over everything from a tee and cargos to suiting. Definitely the choice for static warmth in the cold. And the welt pockets are cavernous - no issues fitting a 1L nalgene. 

IMG_1783.thumb.jpg.83f1f325ba9589e26098019aa97a08dd.jpgIMG_1792.thumb.jpg.cde234e5d3c8db50a84c3ae8e3592461.jpg

I got my J99 a short time ago. Yes it fits big! I normally wear an XL but because of the specs, I ordered and L. It still fits quite large and I rhink I could have ordered an M.

If you consider buying it go down 1 size or even 2.

It is very warm . . the warmest ACR piece I own. It is well-designed with lots of pockets and I was glad to see it has a YKK zipper which is nice and smooth.I have  similar ACR coat with the Ra******* zipper (I can never remember the full name) and it jams and sticks on a regular basis.

2 hours ago, Roofmann said:

I got my J99 a short time ago. Yes it fits big! I normally wear an XL but because of the specs, I ordered and L. It still fits quite large and I rhink I could have ordered an M.

If you consider buying it go down 1 size or even 2.

It is very warm . . the warmest ACR piece I own. It is well-designed with lots of pockets and I was glad to see it has a YKK zipper which is nice and smooth.I have  similar ACR coat with the Ra******* zipper (I can never remember the full name) and it jams and sticks on a regular basis.

Thank you @Roofmann and @zxcvbnnn for the input with the J99. Really interested in this piece. Owning a J61-GT, would that be the perfect liner or do you (or anybody else that wants to chime in) see the J99 as the perfect liner? Kind of unsure because the J99 does not offer auxzip. Or is the J99 more to be seen as a stand alone piece. THX.