Acronym.

Westbrook

I know it's counter to what they're about  but E should just produce an archive redux where they drop two or three key pieces from each of the 05-12 seasons.

Like a nod to everyone who's been around that long and would love to scoop up a fresh version of one of their old grails.

On 12/4/2021 at 5:13 AM, Inkinsurgent said:

I know it's counter to what they're about  but E should just produce an archive redux where they drop two or three key pieces from each of the 05-12 seasons.

Like a nod to everyone who's been around that long and would love to scoop up a fresh version of one of their old grails.

There were a handful of past references and key pieces this season tho

Some were slightly tweaked throughout the years and some got major redesigns then released under a new name

J3-HY = HY-J3 from '08

P10 = big flagship pant in 2015's era 

P24A = also 2015's era throwback. Redesigned P3A from '05-'06

J29 = updated version of J11 blazer from '10s era

J38-LP = J38 blazer coat from '13-'14

S14-BR = hoodless version of BR-HD1 from '11-'12

J16-GT = GT-J16 originally released in '07

J90 = basically a stripped down version of SS-J8 from '09. Would love to get this in white or beige with black contrast

NG4-PS = started as the NG3-PS from '15/'16. Most iconic NG

More older stuff this season than ever imo alongside the handful of newer experimental silhouettes and colors

Wish sufu search function wasn’t so trash

I’ve posted a few fitpics with my WS-P3A on here

Nice to see that grey color come back this season

8 hours ago, Inkinsurgent said:

Yeah, i'm quite aware they've been updating old designs - i'm talking about just straight up dropping the SS-J2 or P11-CH again. Kind of a factory version of Hanon's archive drop.

Yes, the 'updates' and price increases are kinda missing the point ;)

Perhaps ppl see J29 as the current J11, but they're really quite different jackets...

-and for the record, I'd prefer small-batch CZ babičkas-made stuff over the MIC deluge.

Edited by Appleseed
politicking

1 hour ago, Appleseed said:

Yes, the 'updates' and price increases are kinda missing the point ;)

Perhaps ppl see J29 as the current J11, but they're really quite different jackets...

-and for the record, I'd prefer small-batch CZ babičkas-made stuff over the MIC deluge.

I'd prefer small-batch CZ babičkas-made stuff over the MIC deluge

AGREE !!

1 hour ago, iamundying said:

^ i think it's a matter of you can't have the best of both worlds. small batch will inevitably lead to inflated resell prices which the MiC product group have been helping to keep at bay since its introduction. 

I’d disagree with that. All it did was set a new precedent for the mothersite only items being even more rare than before. And hence demanding a higher price. The price increase a couple years back and overall disambiguation have done nothing to effect resell in the long run imo. 

10 hours ago, thatslapz said:

See update - these feel slimmer to me, likely because of the material.  But as I note take your normal size or go up if you are between sizes (due to less stretch)

Also fit pic

I know you're posting fits in the J1B just to spite me

hate myself for missing out on the P24A-E
anybody have a black medium to let go of at retail?
and maybe, just maybe, a J68-S black medium to sell as a bundle?

Re: P24A-E fit, I believe it feels slimmer because the material makes the seat/thigh fabric drape down the back of the pant, whereas on the DS version it drapes down the outside of the thighs. Not sure if this is due to a change in how it's cut or the material. The fabric itself seems stiffer than DS so you'd think it'd make the pants look looser. I'm probably not wording this well but hopefully it makes sense. P24A-E waist is smaller than my P24A-DS, but the latter were prob stretched out. 

I happen to like this version much more than P24A-DS. Silhouette works for me, and I prefer the non-reinforced hem despite not planning on using the cinch. As thatslapz said, the cargos are more functional and easier to zip one handed. Didn't like E on p10 and p30a, it suits looser pants much better because they don't need stretch and benefit from more structure. 

Edited by kobebean

P24A-E arrived but no spec sheet, somehow. As I hoped/guessed, E seems like a great material for this model alhough I missed out on DS so leaving that comparison for the more fortunate. FWIW, 185 cm at normal proportions and size L seems like ideal length, if you're 190+ I think you might want XL or these will look weird. If you're sub 180 but very stocky, be aware that this is not as generous of a waist as many other Acronym pants. I can also second (or third?) the comment that cargo zippers are easy to operate one-handed, almost magically so. Buttoned smaller front pockets/pouches require quite the tug but can very easily be closed one handed, and perhaps they give a little with time.

I hope the lack of stretch won't mean these tear in the groin, as they're clearly not cut for doing head kicks in.

1 hour ago, dreamboatjustsoul said:

wearing my ds and ws version, the goat, good luck man

y u gotta do me like this

i do much prefer the stotz , because of where i'll be using it most. 
already have p24a-ds, would much prefer an E