Acronym.

Westbrook

1 hour ago, wexler said:

What was the issue w J68 beyond the size tag like everything else? Never saw anything except them peeling. 

Sorry I didn't make that clear. I was trying to say, as ppl already mentioned on SUFU, some MIC items are having issues that not usually seen before. like the size tag peeling on 68pl, the collar stitching defects on J1A-GTPL, and the new shitty size tag on P30AE... Those signs of cutting corners on details might not affect the whole integrity or function of a garment, but it might go wild if the brand just choose not to see it and let it happen. 

Edited by kkuer99

This is something I have said before, but as the resident Acronym apologist, I feel obligated to say it again - Acronym has always had quality issues like this. With their growth, they are reaching a larger (and more connected) market with more product, so the flaws are more apparent. Yes, it is incredibly disappointing to get something that needs to be fixed out of the bag, or after a few wears.  Yes, it is fine to bitch about it on the internet.  But also yes, most of us will keep buying it because we're braindead. 

5 minutes ago, thatslapz said:

Acronym has always had quality issues like this.

I second that whole statement. The velcro cuff on my J1TS is coming unstitched and it wasn't from heavy use. It was probably from loose stitching straight from the factory... but everything else on the jacket is immaculate.

You gotta remind yourself that at the end of the day, there are people making this incredibly difficult stuff.

There's always going to be a certain level of human error involved. Embrace the wabi sabi.

as a whole i don't think acr product quality has changed much since i've been wearing it and i'm actually pretty impressed that they've been able to maintain a certain level of quality with such an increase in production. but i do think the demographic has become more whiny about things

Edited by chris_n

Late to the discussion about the P30A-DS seam ripping issue. IIRC when I handled the P30A-E there was some new reinforcement on the seam that connects the front and back pockets. Might point to Acr trying to prevent the issue.

Maybe someone who bought a pair can generously provide a picture.  

P10-E (2014) vs new P10-E.  New nylon fabric is restrictive for me, just like my old P10-S.  Probably too restrictive, but I have no problem at all with P10A-DS or "broken in" cotton epic.    Did any P10A-E owners have a break in period with them? 
784589863_image0(52).thumb.jpeg.a2f943bab013701cf54dbfb137cb223e.jpeg

ripped stotz pair is sexy

6 hours ago, Sureal said:

P10-E (2014) vs new P10-E.  New nylon fabric is restrictive for me, just like my old P10-S.  Probably too restrictive, but I have no problem at all with P10A-DS or "broken in" cotton epic.    Did any P10A-E owners have a break in period with them? 
784589863_image0(52).thumb.jpeg.a2f943bab013701cf54dbfb137cb223e.jpeg

12 hours ago, Kamikaze said:

On the p30 pocket tearing issue, are you guys moving the excess fabric to the back which might shift the pocket layout to where you would be sitting on them? 

just curious as my friend has this issue but mines is fine 

I feel like this happens if you shift it to the front, placing more tension on that back pockets array, no? With that said, when tightening the pants, this is just naturally how the placement they'll sit in.

6 minutes ago, FelixRevolt said:

I’m just waiting for the Acronym popper pants.

honestly wouldn't be surprised if that happens... SpeedStripÆ 

quick reviews:

p41-ds: the cut is really good and the lower leg engineering is v similar to p37 with the darting and contour panels. this satisfies my desire for p37-ds i think. i find the cargo pockets much more usable  and less noticeable when loaded than the p24a and p30a style pocket setup, but this is only because i have both types of pants. both types work well on their own. some pants only work well with hem zip closed, but these work well both ways.

p30a-e: the material is very nice to touch and i think overall the garment is lighter than the -ds version. initial impression after a few hours of wear is that these are noisier "crunchier" than the -ds version. the combination of lightweight + densely woven non-stretch fabric gives the feeling of being less breathable but i haven't gotten hot enough for it to be of concern so the breathability remains unknown. one note about the fabric is that because it is light and not stiff, the main cargo pockets are somewhat difficult to close single handed without the zipper collapsing/folding. this also happens on the -ds version, but the -s version (p24a) are relatively ok with single handed zipper closing. 

i haven't handled any -e fabrics of the past so can't comment on past generations, but i like it enough to consider trying the p10 version of this fabric.

update: the -e fabric seems to have an affinity for cat hair. i just picked up my cat and the pants have become very furry. could just be the 'newness' time will tell.

Edited by chris_n

Have to say that when I got my P30a-E that I was really rather disappointed compared to the V1.0 ds iterations, material felt unsubstantial especially given it is for 4 season use.

Far less comfortable as the material has no give.

Anyway, long story short, I sent them back and got a refund. My goopimade pants are far more comfortable given the similarities in fabric and a fraction of the cost but still look as good in my humblest of opinions.

Needless to say I'll get the DS version if I can find any in the alpha colour here in the UK, but I'll avoid the E-nylon in the future.

Edited by TEKsevenZERO

1 hour ago, TEKsevenZERO said:

Have to say that when I got my P30a-E that I was really rather disappointed compared to the V1.0 ds iterations, material felt unsubstantial especially given it is for 4 season use.

Far less comfortable as the material has no give.

Anyway, long story short, I sent them back and got a refund. My goopimade pants are far more comfortable given the similarities in fabric and a fraction of the cost but still look as good in my humblest of opinions.

Needless to say I'll get the DS version if I can find any in the alpha colour here in the UK, but I'll avoid the E-nylon in the future.

I must agree with your comments as well as those of chris_n above. The P30A-E's are a nice fit, well made and generally the design and pocket layout is good. The encapsulated nylon material is noisy, thin (light shines right through it), it doesn't stretch at all unlike the DS, and it is "cold." I wore my pants for the first time this morning when walking my loyal Bull Terrier and my legs were cold. (I live in Canada and the temperature was below freezing.)The E material seems to wick the heat out of my legs much quicker than DS trousers (both pants uninsulated.)

Another thing to consider is stain resistance. I stopped on my way home from work to grab a burger at a fast food place. While eating the burger, some beef fat squirted onto the leg of the pants. I eat my burgers plain so it was not a topping stain; only been grease (tallow.) I am still trying to wash the grease stain out of these pants using "Shout" "OxyClean" and the instructions on the washing tab.

All-in-all I will stick with DS Products in the future!

both DS and E are easily 4 season pants, just that one pair is more comfortable in summer, one is more comfortable in winter

can't have it all 

Interesting to hear opinions on the E fabric, didn’t think it would be as polarising. Personally E feels great in warmer conditions. But as for the Alpha Green, I’ve found it marks up easily. I had a pair of pants hanging in my wardrobe and the cobra buckle on them left a dark mark on the thigh area.

Edited by FelixRevolt

currently have these in E: P10A, P10, P30A, P38, P34
without a doubt the best material for acr pants if you're in the tropics

the only problem i've had with this is having had a few tiny drops of bleach unfortunately fall on the thigh area of my P10A, which immediately turned into tiny spots of clouded grey that could not be rubbed/cleaned off. however i fixed them with a fabric marker, no biggie

if you find yourself in cooler climate then it makes sense to go with DS, which is the only other fully synthetic material that acr pants come in

this is my acr profile atm: i rate e, and i'm still looking for a J68-S in black medium (holla @ me)