Acronym.

Westbrook

1 hour ago, moneytalks said:

Don’t know what that is, pretty sure encapsulated nylon hasn’t been around that long but I’ve had my P10A-E for over a year and a half and it feels the same after like 20 washes, just not crispy new 

Nextec Epic Glacier, the fabric used by acronym, has been around since the very early 00's. My PCU L5 (this thing) uses the same fabric and was made in 2004. Maybe when my P10e's arrive i'll do an "old meets new" fit with both or something.

1 minute ago, Inkinsurgent said:

Nextec Epic Glacier, the fabric used by acronym, has been around since the very early 00's. My PCU L5 (this thing) uses the same fabric and was made in 2004. Maybe when my P10e's arrive i'll do an "old meets new" fit with both or something.

Can confirm. Acr -E pieces were made from  Epic Glacier nylon fabric.

I have some raw Nextec Glacier fabric and its definitely the same. 

It’s interesting that for both p10-e and p30a-e mothersite includes them as Made in USA but their caretag days Made in China. It would probably be more transparent to mention that Encapsulated Nylon is created in the USA and the pants are constructed in China. Production size likely a factor as to why there’s still a lot of stock sitting 48 hrs later.

Edited by jeddyhsu

5 minutes ago, jeddyhsu said:

It’s interesting that for both p10-e and p30a-e mothersite mentions them as Made in USA but their caretag days Made in China. Probably a large factor as to why there’s still a lot of stock sitting 48 hrs later.

The -E fabric made in USA, same as -DS made in Switzerland. Not the garment. 

P.S. P10 are well made , better than p30 imo. 

Edited by Yan90

2 minutes ago, jeddyhsu said:

It’s interesting that for both p10-e and p30a-e mothersite mentions them as Made in USA but their caretag days Made in China. Probably a large factor as to why there’s still a lot of stock sitting 48 hrs later.

It's a trap. That only means fabric is made in USA.

Guess I would call that fake if I dont know it's directly from mothersite... That tag and stiching, really no better than fakes now. The first MICs, like P30A 1.0, J1A 2.2 and GTKP are very good, but starting from J68PL the quality is getting worse each season.

Edited by kkuer99

It's rather telling that for all their rationalising of MIC, they go to the effort of listing the fabric's country of origin but not the entire garment's country of origin.

edit: i dont think my MIC p10ds are any less well constructed than my czech P10CH and if that holds for the P10e i'll be more than happy with them but jeez guys, just own it. Arc'teryx even lists the goddamn chinese factory the garment is made in these days.

Edited by Inkinsurgent

yeaaa the differences in quality between mic and mie becoming more apparent with every drop. i've stopped buying retail after the j1bgt and p30ads which had flaws of their own. im glad there really hasn't been anything that i absolutely most own from the recent retail drops. 

It seems like the direction of acr brand is in a dilemma. They want to make larger quantity in lower cost to expand the influence by using chinese factory, the idea is ok. However this actually seperated the brand into two lines by price and accessibility. For new customers, the main resource for them to try their first acr garment is likely to be the retailer all around,  which provide lower price MIC products. And the bad thing is, how will they know there is such diffference bt MIC and MIE? Or how many of them will actually realise there are two "levels" of product, which all looks the same, under the same brand with similiar fabric and name, but different price and build quality?

But just like mentioned in the beginning, it's a dilemma. If they want all products, no matter MIC or MIE, to have the same level of quality, the advantages wont show obviously on price and productivity. Or if they create a sub-brand like ACR ESSENTIALS, that cheaper product prob can't share the fame and popular models from ACR brand. But either way is better than guessing which season's, or which specific MIC model will be good or bad everey time, it's that uncertainty makes people feel bad. 

Edited by kkuer99

5 minutes ago, kkuer99 said:

Wanna ask US ppl how much import fees for your P30AE from mothersite? 

UPS trying to charge $174 for that and I only paid $110 for P38E, which is $300+ more expensive than P30AE... Not sure if warehouse got wrone code? 

The amount varies based on materials and type of garment. Which isn’t to say they didn’t use the proper code lol

5 minutes ago, kkuer99 said:

Wanna ask US ppl how much import fees for your P30AE from mothersite? 

UPS trying to charge $174 for that and I only paid $110 for P38E, which is $300+ more expensive than P30AE... Not sure if warehouse got wrone code? 

maybe the mic tariff? not sure if that's still a thing as i haven't ordered in a while

5 hours ago, kkuer99 said:

Guess I would call that fake if I dont know it's directly from mothersite... That tag and stiching, really no better than fakes now. The first MICs, like P30A 1.0, J1A 2.2 and GTKP are very good, but starting from J68PL the quality is getting worse each season.

Did you mean the size tag mistake on j68pl with dat mysterious word "ninjawarning"? 

Screenshot_20211105-010345~2.png

Screenshot_20211105-010351~2.png

Edited by Yan90

4 hours ago, wexler said:

MiC is an additional ~7.5% for USA

Thanks Trump

Thought I’d put this in my other post. 

S’what what I get for posting between orders lol. 

Yeah even the MIC P10DS flew out the door. I'm guessing the production numbers are still based on all the hype around the brand and the hype is waning.

Then again we all used to bitch about missing out on drops so... now we got the stock we wanted.

edit: also my mothersite order from monday still hasn't even shipped yet. come on guys, would've been better off ordering from a retailer like this.

Edited by Inkinsurgent

41 minutes ago, Inkinsurgent said:

Yeah even the MIC P10DS flew out the door. I'm guessing the production numbers are still based on all the hype around the brand and the hype is waning.

As garish as some of the upcoming clothes that are part of the Blazer drop look, I still think that's gonna change real soon. I really hope I'm wrong, but between the Acronym x Nike collab just around the corner and the not too far off SS22 Acronym x sacai drop... But whatever, that hype will pass eventually in a few seasons I'm sure

On 11/17/2021 at 6:10 PM, FelixRevolt said:

Would you get in the ring with Mike Tyson for a J68-E?

in a heartbeat LOL

although i still would prefer my j68 in stotz, fits the cut best imo