Acronym.

Westbrook

On 8/29/2021 at 2:06 PM, kkuer99 said:

Bought a hoodie but no confirmation email, said they will manually restore those order but haven't heard anything yet:(

Some update, I still haven't recieve anything from acr team but UPS sent me an email says a package is arriving tomorrow so I guess they do shipped those orders placed before. 

Anyone know a good place to repair the waterproofness of a J43a In NYC? It’s my buddies piece. I’m not sure if there’s delam or if DWR needs to be reapplied, but any trusted places will help. Even if it has to be shipped out I’ve heard of rainypass as well if anyone can vouch for em. Thanks in advance yall. 

if there are no holes or delam all you have to do is wash and respray dwr then throw in the dryer?

4 minutes ago, moneytalks said:

if there are no holes or delam all you have to do is wash and respray dwr then throw in the dryer?

I asked if there’s delam and He hasn’t let me know yet if there is or not. But he said it soaks through in the rain. I know about reapplying DWR but fearing for him that it’s worse. Sending to rainypass the best option if there is ?

of course there’s gonna be a normal FW2122 season, he teased it on Insta.

also here’s a photo Lenny posted that has his current hair color, and it’s credited to Phillip Koll so it’s definitely an acrnm shoot; don’t know what jacket he’s wearing but I don’t think it’s anything we’ve seen yet

ADC2753A-FAD4-46F0-897A-332C5270CA07.thumb.jpeg.39cf0eae49d5a933b6166096d918a664.jpeg CE02874A-4E44-4937-BDBC-DD159A5ACFB3.thumb.jpeg.4fd3735ae6b159f136531cdbe0eba2b9.jpeg

12 hours ago, msoldano said:

I asked if there’s delam and He hasn’t let me know yet if there is or not. But he said it soaks through in the rain. I know about reapplying DWR but fearing for him that it’s worse. Sending to rainypass the best option if there is ?

kind of a moot point to discuss repair options if you don't even know the extent of the damage, if any at all

So did anyone actually cop the 3a-1 Multi? Haven't heard/seen it anywhere since it dropped on mothersite lol.

E77V0WGUUAgu9u4.jpg

Also, this is old news but here are fit pics of the upcoming Sacai collab women's J1A dresses + crop top:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Edited by jeddyhsu

Yikes... 

Anyway, I wanna settle this once and for all. I know people tumble dry their acrnm DS pants despite the care tag explicitly stating not to. For those that do, does it cause any issues?

Moved pretty far from my usual dry cleaner, so I'm considering other options.

On 9/3/2021 at 10:00 AM, jeddyhsu said:

[...trimmed...]

Also, this is old news but here are fit pics of the upcoming Sacai collab women's J1A dresses + crop top:

[...trimmed...]

4.jpg

5.jpg

wow, the crop with hood down looks so good. any news on when this might drop?

On 9/4/2021 at 11:01 AM, Grave said:

Yikes... 

Anyway, I wanna settle this once and for all. I know people tumble dry their acrnm DS pants despite the care tag explicitly stating not to. For those that do, does it cause any issues?

i wash at 40C w/ nikwax tech with a double spin and then tumble on low for ~25 min. everything is fine: p23a, p30a, p35, p27h, la6a, s19, s24 etc etc

what i do notice is because my house water is hard, if i don't do the double spin, the clothes can get water stain marks. i'm getting a whole house water softening system soon... mostly for my skin, but the clothes will benefit too i guess lol

Edited by chris_n

On 9/4/2021 at 2:01 PM, Grave said:

Yikes... 

The first time I mistakenly left my P10DS in with the rest of my plebe clothes and subjected it the standard warm wash and mid temp tumbledry, and wore them with zero side effects, I realized that I’d be ignoring that care tag for the most part. And have for the last 4 years with all my other DS items lol. So yeah. I’ve washed all of my DS cold/warm and tumbled dry with zero ill effects. 

1 minute ago, brainerd666 said:

The first time I mistakenly left my P10DS in with the rest of my plebe clothes and subjected it the standard warm wash and mid temp tumbledry, and wore them with zero side effects, I realized that I’d be ignoring that care tag for the most part. And have for the last 4 years with all my other DS items lol. So yeah. I’ve washed all of my DS cold/warm and tumbled dry with zero ill effects. 

Curious, does your DS still bead when cared for that way? 

33 minutes ago, Grave said:

Curious, does your DS still bead when cared for that way? 

Yep. It’ll definitely bead more persistently with a fresh DWR application. Repetitive washes will diminish that obvs. But the quick drying characteristics are entirely fabric dependent and performance is unaffected, wash temp/dry temp or otherwise ime. 

3 minutes ago, brainerd666 said:

Yep. It’ll definitely bead more persistently with a fresh DWR application. Repetitive washes will diminish that obvs. But the quick drying characteristics are entirely fabric dependent and performance is unaffected, wash temp/dry temp or otherwise ime. 

That's insightful. I've been relying on dry cleaning for any of my Dryskin pieces. I've also been super curious about whether or not to eventually reapply DWR to DS pants, and see conflicting feedback about that for some reason. 

6 minutes ago, hentaiyarou69 said:

What do you guys use to reapply DWR to DS?

I remember reading that the DWR on DS is some proprietary substance that only works with DS. 

This is exactly what I have read about it. But I would love for someone to prove that reproofing is a thing.