Acronym.

Westbrook

Newb here. Spent the $6 mostly to get access to the BST thread but I also semi-recently purchased a J47 just to get an Acronym jacket instead of actually getting the Acronym jacket I want. Total rookie mistake, but don't get me wrong, I do love the jacket and it is WAY better than any shell I've had before. I have a size S NLACG Meta which I am fond of and fits me well so I also bought my J47 in a small. Didn't take into account layering, though. If I get what I want (J36-S or J1B-GT) should I get a medium instead? Things work currently but I don't have the mobility I thought I would have with all the crazy articulation. And will a small AuxZip fit a medium if I do size up?

1 hour ago, hanzen1138 said:

Newb here. Spent the $6 mostly to get access to the BST thread but I also semi-recently purchased a J47 just to get an Acronym jacket instead of actually getting the Acronym jacket I want. Total rookie mistake, but don't get me wrong, I do love the jacket and it is WAY better than any shell I've had before. I have a size S NLACG Meta which I am fond of and fits me well so I also bought my J47 in a small. Didn't take into account layering, though. If I get what I want (J36-S or J1B-GT) should I get a medium instead? Things work currently but I don't have the mobility I thought I would have with all the crazy articulation. And will a small AuxZip fit a medium if I do size up?

Congrats on your first purchase. 

Yes, a Small insulator will fit into a Medium shell, you’ll just have the tiniest bit of slack towards the end of the zip but it doesn’t affect the functionality.

I can fit into Small ACR jackets as well but if I wanted to account for layering, I’d go a size up for safe measure. For frame of reference, I have a size Small J1A-GTPL, I don’t plan on layering with this jacket. However, I have a size Medium J36-S, so I am able to accommodate a Size Small J65-KM auxzipped into the J36. If the J36 was a Small, I would be unable to zip the jacket up comfortably with an insulator underneath.

Everyone has different body types so what applies to me may not apply to you or other users on this forum.

Hope this helps!

Edited by Invictus

On 6/22/2021 at 7:44 PM, moneytalks said:

probably just a sales time thing. a month ago it took just a week from order to delivery (i'm in singapore).

Nah, I’ve purchased from Notre 3 or 4 times, and each time almost had to dispute the charge due to no responses from them, no way to contact over the phone, sending the wrong item 3 times in a row-which resulted in the item I actually purchased being sold out, and shipping that ended up taking a month to get to me in California. I’ll never buy from them regardless of sale or no sale! Worst customer experience in history for me.

Edited by Theanix

On 6/24/2021 at 11:53 PM, Invictus said:

Congrats on your first purchase. 

Yes, a Small insulator will fit into a Medium shell, you’ll just have the tiniest bit of slack towards the end of the zip but it doesn’t affect the functionality.

I can fit into Small ACR jackets as well but if I wanted to account for layering, I’d go a size up for safe measure. For frame of reference, I have a size Small J1A-GTPL, I don’t plan on layering with this jacket. However, I have a size Medium J36-S, so I am able to accommodate a Size Small J65-KM auxzipped into the J36. If the J36 was a Small, I would be unable to zip the jacket up comfortably with an insulator underneath.

Everyone has different body types so what applies to me may not apply to you or other users on this forum.

Hope this helps!

Appreciate it a lot! The difference between sizes seems small but I suppose even a few CM can make a big difference. Definitely wish the J47 had an expansion gusset for 3A bags like the J76 because my 3A-1 doesn't feel like it gets covered by the back of the jacket much, but maybe a medium will help with this. Or I might just be over-stuffing my bag ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

2 hours ago, Theanix said:

Nah, I’ve purchased from Notre 3 or 4 times, and each time almost had to dispute the charge due to no responses from them, no way to contact over the phone, sending the wrong item 3 times in a row-which resulted in the item I actually purchased being sold out, and shipping that ended up taking a month to get to me in California. I’ll never buy from them regardless of sale or no sale! Worst customer experience in history for me.

Weird, so far I've had a good experience with Notre. Currently waiting on a single item I ordered exactly a week ago, but with them being under staffed and probably overwhelmed with orders due to the sale I'm not worried. Saw somewhere they posted a notice saying things would take 7 business days to be shipped out. Honestly in my experience, that's better than ordering from Union LA

If you don't want to listen to me talk about how I got a jacket thanks to this forum for 10 minutes, but you do want to see a short visual comparison, you can watch this snippet on IG:D

Edited by AggaCityGang

does anyone ever actually use the gravity pocket? even the smoothest demo requires an aggressive karate chop.. ya'll doing that at the cafe register?

Edited by nodre

37 minutes ago, nodre said:

does anyone ever actually use the gravity pocket? even the smoothest demo requires an aggressive karate chop.. ya'll doing that at the cafe register?

I can't say I do but I will also say is that it was real smooth when I tried on the latest J1A-GTPL at antithesis the other week. I think the combo of new pocket + less stiff material makes it a little more usable.

but i ain't doing that shit at the bodega lmfao

On 6/28/2021 at 11:32 PM, nodre said:

Not to extract object no, wish I did though, but I actually find it quite uncomfy to have big objects in those pockets.

I do use it to put my public transfercard in, to swipe the gates, I do really lover that. I only have to remember to take it out once I get home, to not take the wrong jacket out and realise that only once already in a bus/tram/or station :ph34r2:

On 6/29/2021 at 7:32 AM, nodre said:

Pretty much only use it for things that I don't need to take out frequently, like my car keys. Having my metro card in there is nice too, since I just need to wave my wrist over the machine to scan it.

I just don't know how anyone can put a phone in there comfortably.

On 6/28/2021 at 5:32 PM, nodre said:

I actually find it really convenient for my airpod case lol

Late to the party, just picked up a S23-AK, thanks again for the heads up on Notre.  For SS I wish it was a little lighter weight, but pretty optimistic about it regardless.  I am thinking I may try and take the hem up a bit so it's less tunic more shirt, anyone else been down this road?

2 hours ago, markdjr said:

Late to the party, just picked up a S23-AK, thanks again for the heads up on Notre.  For SS I wish it was a little lighter weight, but pretty optimistic about it regardless.  I am thinking I may try and take the hem up a bit so it's less tunic more shirt, anyone else been down this road?

just make sure you get the tailor to use tension thread..

3 hours ago, markdjr said:

Pretty risky as the hem is a different, reinforced knit pattern, would need a fairly good tailor to replicate it and I'm not sure how good the end result would be. When wearing pants that don't accommodate for the length, it just stacks and looks shorter anyway. I'd recommend leaving as is to be honest.

i'm in the camp that your clothes should fit you right, but if making alterations always go with professionals

6 hours ago, moneytalks said:

i'm in the camp that your clothes should fit you right, but if making alterations always go with professionals

This is less of a fit issue and more of a design preference.  It fits fine, I just think I'll get more mileage out of a standard length shirt.  I've got a great tailor in town that has done some other mods to my ACR stuff. 

i meant to say that i support your plan to make alterations to your preference
and to also repeat that tension thread is important for t-shirt or sweater hems

3 hours ago, agentbuca said:

Long shot here, but does anyone have a veilance moondust and ACRNM alphagreen (DS ideally) side by side comparison please? Virtually every alphagreen shot I've seen looks slightly different!

Component Loden -> P30 -> Frame Moondust

Photo does not capture the colours at all…

Darkest to lightest
loden, alpha, moondust

Saturation

moondust, loden, alpha

DE60EB6A-B70A-4A01-880B-7145B37B8185.jpeg

Edited by vandiraidur