Acronym.

Westbrook

lots of people size up for their J47 (i did, and my L J47 still fits smaller than my medium J1A, which is comparable in cut to the J27) 

9 minutes ago, Grave said:

There is a liner beneath the J27 in that pic, vs the pic used for the J47 where no liner is used... 

Exactly if there is a liner under and still fits looser than 47...

20 minutes ago, moneytalks said:

lots of people size up for their J47 (i did, and my L J47 still fits smaller than my medium J1A, which is comparable in cut to the J27) 

So I've heard, that's what's confusing since all the measurements imply the J27 would be smaller than the J47. What area was constricting for you in the J47 that made you size up? 

10 hours ago, Grave said:

Finally popping my cherry on these boards lol. Can anyone with a J27-GT in size S fill me in on the fit/sizing? I had a J47-GT in S and I kinda swam in it without a liner, with unflattering bunching in the sleeves that put me off enough to sell it (I'm 5'8/172cm and around 150lb/68kg). According to the mothersite the shoulder and sleeve measurements on the J27 are shorter by a few cm, but it's a totally different fitblock so I'm not sure if it alleviates my issue with the J47.

I don't want to tell you what you don't know, but your measurements sound exactly right for size S. Is it possible you're unfamiliar with how it's supposed to fit? can you post some pics?

1 minute ago, eidolarr said:

I don't want to tell you what you don't know, but your measurements sound exactly right for size S. Is it possible you're unfamiliar with how it's supposed to fit? can you post some pics?

Wish I still had pics on my phone, I've since sold the piece. You're right though in that it was my first Acronym shell so there's unfamiliarity there. Nikelab ACG 2-in-1 was my everyday jacket prior to that, which I had in size S, so I went straight to size S when I bought the J47.  
I'm willing to try the J47-GT again with the notion that it's just supposed to be a bit long in the sleeve without a liner/layering beneath. Is that just how the jackets fit generally?

2 hours ago, Grave said:

Wish I still had pics on my phone, I've since sold the piece. You're right though in that it was my first Acronym shell so there's unfamiliarity there. Nikelab ACG 2-in-1 was my everyday jacket prior to that, which I had in size S, so I went straight to size S when I bought the J47.  
I'm willing to try the J47-GT again with the notion that it's just supposed to be a bit long in the sleeve without a liner/layering beneath. Is that just how the jackets fit generally?

Typically the cuff should sit just behind the first knuckle of your thumb. This allows for greater range of movement in general as well as when layering

3 hours ago, brainerd666 said:

Typically the cuff should sit just behind the first knuckle of your thumb. This allows for greater range of movement in general as well as when layering

Ah I see. My ACG 2-in-1 shell is just at the knuckle of my thumb with the liner in and hangs at the knuckles of my forefingers when worn without it.

Should I expect the same with any ACR jacket as well? Should buying the J27GT in small be fine?

Edited by Grave

49 minutes ago, Grave said:

Ah I see. My ACG 2-in-1 shell is just at the knuckle of my thumb with the liner in and hangs at the knuckles of my forefingers when worn without it.

Should I expect the same with any ACR jacket as well? Should buying the J27GT in small be fine?

bro it's clothing, not rocket science. just measure your favorite fitting jacket and compare it to whatever jacket you want

56 minutes ago, Grave said:

No. They’re different jackets

Just nut up and buy a 27 already

If it don’t fit, sell or return like the rest of us do lol

7 hours ago, Grave said:

So I've heard, that's what's confusing since all the measurements imply the J27 would be smaller than the J47. What area was constricting for you in the J47 that made you size up? 

I had a J47R but assuming the fit is similar to J47, I found the arm pits to be cut a bit higher than my other Acronym jackets, making the armholes at the base of the sleeves feel significantly more profile.

So even if the chest p2p might measure as somewhat similar or even larger than a J27, take that into account. 

15 hours ago, Grave said:

it's a slimmer overall fit, body and arms, and also higher arm hole as discussed above

Welp, managed to find a J47TS-GT in S and jumped at it. You only live once.

Thanks for the info lads

22 hours ago, moneytalks said:

Wait so.. u bought the same jacket again?

No. I bought the TecSys variant (which came in today). The fit is slightly better in the sleeves for me than the J47 currently on the mothersite. 

16 hours ago, Grave said:

No. I bought the TecSys variant (which came in today). The fit is slightly better in the sleeves for me than the J47 currently on the mothersite. 

1121197034_ScreenShot2021-05-09at2_18_22PM.png.3205a78ba6055cade8fd745d0ee889d7.png1631666730_ScreenShot2021-05-09at2_18_07PM.thumb.png.bd79573375d1a32f4d76db725dbf8df2.png

haha ok 

On 5/8/2021 at 9:20 PM, Grave said:

inb4 its not placebo and acr sizing guy is gaslighting everyone with copy pasted measurements

unless anyone else has two pieces that are sized the same numerically from two different seasons and can attest differently

2 hours ago, hentaiyarou69 said:

Anyone has a SM1-KR or similar? Trying to figure out if the nylon sleeve is heavy/thick enough to get in the way, or feel weird, when worn?

I own the KR-SM1 and the Nylon pouch part has never gotten in the way. I just make sure to wear the nylon against the body so that it's not visible. Mine is quite old so some of the text has worn off. That's the only part that really annoys me. Otherwise, it's been a staple in my collection.

3 hours ago, analog29 said:

I own the KR-SM1 and the Nylon pouch part has never gotten in the way. I just make sure to wear the nylon against the body so that it's not visible. Mine is quite old so some of the text has worn off. That's the only part that really annoys me. Otherwise, it's been a staple in my collection.

I echo this sentiment.  I also have 1 for sale, hmu.

1 hour ago, JoseRizal said:

Buddy got the J1B from them. Didn't even come with the hoods. 

Weird cuz I got the j1b from ssense too and got everything. I’m not advocating for ssense just wanted to share with y’all.