Acronym.

Westbrook

Has ACR ever gone backwards iteration wise (2.4->2.0) for any other piece? From the looks of it this is a 2.0 cut in FO and thus an "old" but unreleased iteration. I would imagine FO to be a nightmare to maintain and hence it wasn't released. Otherwise, why wouldn't he make the FO as one of the newer cuts like the 2.4 or J1E instead?

14 minutes ago, wexler said:

What’s the difference? 

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but Gore-Tex Infinium is just the re-branded Windstopper, or a variant of Windstopper. Windproof but not really that waterproof.

Gore-Tex Shakedry is a breathable waterproof material that works in a completely different way from typical waterproof Gore-Tex materials. Also, delamination isn't a thing with Shakedry. I have a Shakedry jacket for running/cycling, and really love it.

Edit: Also I just realised that Shakedry and Infinium Acronym jackets are both tagged FO, so my bad

Edited by hentaiyarou69

5 hours ago, hentaiyarou69 said:

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but Gore-Tex Infinium is just the re-branded Windstopper, or a variant of Windstopper. Windproof but not really that waterproof.

Edit: Also I just realised that Shakedry and Infinium Acronym jackets are both tagged FO, so my bad

It wasn't very straightforward when Gore rebranded WS as Infinium and had the film out stuff included under that umbrella. They might have started with FO labeled as Infinium and then expanded to include WS idr exactly. Yeah all the PB and FO products are considered to be "Infinium tech" even though you get persistent beading whereas WS isn't WP. Whatever the the face is laminated to gives it a different feel/look as well (ex: J62/63-PB, J63A-FO vs. J46-FO, J67-FO).

Gore-Tex® Film Out Hooded Jacket

Type  WR    Gen.  1    Style  Softshell

Description

The future is fluid. J63 is the first ever hoody built in a completely new type of GORE-TEX® laminate. It shifts focus from the external to the internal, from toughness to softness, from resistance to well being. A new proprietary technology forms a component fabric with persistent beading and extremely low water pick up. This means no bulky face fabric is needed. The result is comfort and quiet unlike anything before it. Suitable for an incredibly wide spectrum of interior and exterior climates; it is the closest thing to a second skin we have ever experienced.

The laminated face of the fabric will 'break-in' and develop it's own individual shine and patina with time. Durability and appearance will vary with type and style of use.

The jacket itself carries the promise of the fabric to it's logical conclusion. A marriage of the timeless simplicity of a hoody with the sophistication of true minimalist design. Fit is zero resistance and grafts to the body with anatomic sleeve anchor loops. Internal security pockets are zippered and in holster position for optimal weight distribution. Exterior pockets are deceptively voluminous with pocket bags extending to both the front and back of the garment. Sleeves are lined for the smoothest possible layering. The new 2-way overlap zip hood can be adjusted to any height for any amount of coverage. And although J63 is so light you'll likely to forget you're wearing it, should you need to doff, the signature Acronym Jacketsling keeps it handsfree.

23 minutes ago, wexler said:

It wasn't very straightforward when Gore rebranded WS as Infinium and had the film out stuff included under that umbrella. They might have started with FO labeled as Infinium and then expanded to include WS idr exactly. Yeah all the PB and FO products are considered to be "Infinium tech" even though you get persistent beading whereas WS isn't WP. Whatever the the face is laminated to gives it a different feel/look as well (ex: J62/63-PB, J63A-FO vs. J46-FO, J67-FO).

I think this is correct across the board, but I haven't handled all the variants of these fabrics that Acr uses:

FO/PB = membrane is the face fabric (Shakedry)

WS = membrane is the backer (and may or may not include a stitched third layer next-to-skin like J29-WS, J68-WS) 

GT = 2.5L or 3L Gore-Tex where shell, membrane, and backer are all laminated together (PL is kind of an exception here but that might be getting too technical) 

“ _Never attach pins, needles or staples to the fabric.” 

From the FW 18 J46-FO and it was the few early users' feedback after testing their shakedry items from those capsule collection. I do believe at the time the J1A-FO is on the fence of proper production or being locked in the archive room, till now.

Havent grab any FO/PB material jacket. Mostly because many on market are damaged and I'm very worried about the durability of this material as a "shell". 

ppl from gore themselves says it's a rather fragile material designed for cycling/running. Prob E won't make more with FO in short term but that J1A-FO def looks great. 

7 hours ago, kobebean said:

I think this is correct across the board, but I haven't handled all the variants of these fabrics that Acr uses:

FO/PB = membrane is the face fabric (Shakedry)

WS = membrane is the backer (and may or may not include a stitched third layer next-to-skin like J29-WS, J68-WS) 

GT = 2.5L or 3L Gore-Tex where shell, membrane, and backer are all laminated together (PL is kind of an exception here but that might be getting too technical) 

This is about right. There’s also infinium, which acrnm labels weird and can be FO or layered (eg j83-ws)

14 minutes ago, AggaCityGang said:

Is there anyone in here with a J1E in M (in like new condition) who wants to trade for an L, deadstock. Or do you know someone who does?

Cheers!

5 hours ago, eidolarr said:

Where is the infinium in the J83-WS?

Would hope now that some of the dust has settled around the Windstopper re-brand and Shake-Dry becoming it's own thing that the nomenclature is standardized (re: both Gore and ACR). Any new -WS piece is Infinium-membrane'd (my understanding). Gore is still doing a lot of other things under the Infinium-umbrella, making it somewhat hard to know what you're getting based on copy only....

4 minutes ago, Appleseed said:

Would hope now that some of the dust has settled around the Windstopper re-brand and Shake-Dry becoming it's own thing that the nomenclature is standardized (re: both Gore and ACR). Any new -WS piece is Infinium-membrane'd (my understanding). Gore is still doing a lot of other things under the Infinium-umbrella, making it somewhat hard to know what you're getting based on copy only....

Yeah... I've got a J83-WS, and while the GTX Pro is obvious, I wouldn't have known it had anything to do with infinium until this discussion :?

4 hours ago, eidolarr said:

Yeah... I've got a J83-WS, and while the GTX Pro is obvious, I wouldn't have known it had anything to do with infinium until this discussion :?

it's not obvious that the shell is Infinium? 

46 minutes ago, Westbrook said:

Does anyone remember the name of the soft-shell "hoodie" that was part of FW21? It was J something but I can't recall what. Not on the website anymore that I can find.

J48-SS at a 130% price markup from 700 eur (in 2015) to 1500 eur 

https://web.archive.org/web/20201117035007/https://acrnm.com/products/J48-SS_FW2021

Edited by Orientalq

On 4/30/2021 at 8:43 PM, kobebean said:

it's not obvious that the shell is Infinium? 

Huh, I assumed it was the same windstopper as on the J58-WS. I didn't even notice it was Infinium until this post. I guess that's another notch in the "goretex marketing is too confusing" column

Finally popping my cherry on these boards lol. Can anyone with a J27-GT in size S fill me in on the fit/sizing? I had a J47-GT in S and I kinda swam in it without a liner, with unflattering bunching in the sleeves that put me off enough to sell it (I'm 5'8/172cm and around 150lb/68kg). According to the mothersite the shoulder and sleeve measurements on the J27 are shorter by a few cm, but it's a totally different fitblock so I'm not sure if it alleviates my issue with the J47.

9 hours ago, Grave said:

Finally popping my cherry on these boards lol. Can anyone with a J27-GT in size S fill me in on the fit/sizing? I had a J47-GT in S and I kinda swam in it without a liner, with unflattering bunching in the sleeves that put me off enough to sell it (I'm 5'8/172cm and around 150lb/68kg). According to the mothersite the shoulder and sleeve measurements on the J27 are shorter by a few cm, but it's a totally different fitblock so I'm not sure if it alleviates my issue with the J47.

If you found the J47 too big ur gonna have a bad time with the J27. 

5FEB6D88-B5D8-433E-8B70-858DE888D98F.jpeg

3 minutes ago, wexler said:

If you found the J47 too big ur gonna have a bad time with the J27. 

There is a liner beneath the J27 in that pic, vs the pic used for the J47 where no liner is used... That said I know they use totally different fit blocks so I'd love some feedback on how they compare