Acronym.

Westbrook

4 hours ago, FelixRevolt said:

UPS are trying to knock me for £800 for import taxes. Is there a code or something I can do to reduce this amount? I’m in the UK. 
P38-E and P38-GT in package, if that makes any difference.

Damn, that's really sucks. I'm in the UK but I've started sending my Acronym orders to an address within EU cause I don't know what the Brexit import taxes are gonna be like.

I know it totally sucks.

5 minutes ago, msoldano said:

I would refuse that package

This was my next thought, as people have mentioned how big the waist is, they may not fit me. But I’m unsure of what that entails. Ask for a refund from Acronym?

Edited by FelixRevolt
Spelling.

acrnm will refund you the retail price but getting back the tax money from the broker is going to be a pain in the ass and take a long time, if it's anything like the US :(

edit: oh you mean if you refuse the package. I don't know! Email them, I'd be curious to hear

Edited by eidolarr

16 minutes ago, FelixRevolt said:

I know it totally sucks.

This was my next thought, as people have mentioned how big the waist is, they may not fit me. But I’m unsure of what that entails. Ask for a refund from Acronym?

The guidance is conflicted, but as I currently understand things - if you accept the package and then send it back, you are still liable for the original charges. Worth double checking if you decide to go that route...

edit: Maybe you could re-route it to someone you know in the EU who can try and proxy it? 

Edited by mikon_nikon

29 minutes ago, FelixRevolt said:

I know it totally sucks.

If you ordered a small or medium you can probably recover the cost for the P38-E by selling it, don't think anyone would blame you for selling "over" retail to get the fees back.  The GT you may be stuck with since there isn't as much insane demand.

Yeah that’s good thinking @mikon_nikon I should have maybe thought about doing that. I’m not switched on to these kinda things. 
Unfortunately as it stands at the moment, my order is in the UK at a UPS depot. I didn’t want to just pay the HUGE import fee without asking the crew here. I’ve sent an email to Acronym for their advice. And also an email to UPS customs if there is any flexibility in the fee.

New job opportunity Acronym Mule.

51 minutes ago, FelixRevolt said:

Yeah that’s good thinking @mikon_nikon I should have maybe thought about doing that. I’m not switched on to these kinda things. 
Unfortunately as it stands at the moment, my order is in the UK at a UPS depot. I didn’t want to just pay the HUGE import fee without asking the crew here. I’ve sent an email to Acronym for their advice. And also an email to UPS customs if there is any flexibility in the fee.

New job opportunity Acronym Mule.

If you do return it please let us know haha waiting for the P38-E returns restock

7 hours ago, FelixRevolt said:

UPS are trying to knock me for £800 for import taxes. Is there a code or something I can do to reduce this amount? I’m in the UK. 

If possible I would double check with UPS what invoice info was provided with the shipment for customs purposes. I had an order last fall that I got charged an extra $250 or so because Acronym apparently included a second invoice page with some other random order (2 J68-PLs) ... still waiting for my refund 5 months after submitting my dispute with UPS

5 hours ago, brainerd666 said:

That’s a great way to get on ACR’s Shit List

So you’d pay the extra $1,115 ? I doubt if he refuses and orders stuff in the future they’ll be like WAITTTTT don’t send that guy anything !!!! >:( That’s just way too much on top of an already exorbitant price for two pairs of pants. 

25 minutes ago, msoldano said:

So you’d pay the extra $1,115 ? I doubt if he refuses and orders stuff in the future they’ll be like WAITTTTT don’t send that guy anything !!!! >:( That’s just way too much on top of an already exorbitant price for two pairs of pants. 

We’re running under the assumption that this isn’t a case of ACR using improper codes, as they did in the past (I also don’t understand what the price of the pants has to do with any of this?), they’ve been on point with the proper codes for the last 1.5 years ime. This is an issue with the UK and EU not playing well with eachother after brexit. ACR is a small company and may well flag an account that refused receipt of an item and potentially caused a headache for them. I’ve seen E ban peeps before for other shit. It’s also kind of shit to put the onus on them to deal with this before checking the import fees situation beforehand. Or just sucking it up and reselling. 

edit: not trying to throw any shade your way btw @FelixRevolt

Edited by brainerd666

3 hours ago, brainerd666 said:

We’re running under the assumption that this isn’t a case of ACR using improper codes, as they did in the past (I also don’t understand what the price of the pants has to do with any of this?), they’ve been on point with the proper codes for the last 1.5 years ime. This is an issue with the UK and EU not playing well with eachother after brexit. ACR is a small company and may well flag an account that refused receipt of an item and potentially caused a headache for them. I’ve seen E ban peeps before for other shit. It’s also kind of shit to put the onus on them to deal with this before checking the import fees situation beforehand. Or just sucking it up and reselling. 

edit: not trying to throw any shade your way btw @FelixRevolt

The price of the pants is directly related to the import charge as it is a percentile of the total price. And if I’m spending $3500+ or whatever the price of them two together is and then asked to pay another $1115 I’m refusing delivery. It really doesn’t matter to me personally in any way the repercussions of refusal. Like I asked you before, you paying that ? No ones researching tariff codes or the impact of brexit while feverishly trying to check out and secure something that’s not going to sit. If homie refuses he’ll be fine. 
I’ve seen other folks refuse for import charge related reasons. They take returns which is just as much of a “headache” for them because that’s what clothing companies do. It’s more of a headache for me to pay another 1000+ $ for something that’s already a lot of money. 

Edited by msoldano

Lol ACR is not going to flag someone because it happened once. Maybe if FelixRevolt does it multiple times then yes he'll probably get flagged. But having known the tariff prices the chances of him buying again are zero anyway so this is a non-issue. Speaking of yelling into the ether...

14 hours ago, FelixRevolt said:

Sorry stupid question but to clarify, this is definitely import duty they are claiming and not them getting the VAT back from you that acronym deducted at checkout?

Edited by RemarkableArmor

Ok thanks for clarifying - seriously just trying to get it straight as also U.K. buyer here. I didn’t get anything this time but that would have killed it for me going forward and it seems the trend is that the cooler experimental stuff is gonna be mostly acrnm exclusive which would have been a double kick in the teeth.

So I’m just trying to get my head round this now. I haven’t paid tax at the checkout, so I’m basically paying it now on import charges. Can someone share what they paid for the P38-E regardless of where you rep from. I paid €1155.37 plus the import charges I’ve gotta pay. (Keeping Euro to make simple). 

Edited by FelixRevolt

Seems the CZ VAT is 21% so if I check out P38-GT now there would be another 311EU which acronym would deduct and leave to UPS to collect ... so for that plus your P38-E the £800 sounds close(?)

Or perhaps is the U.K. VAT rate which is charged but that would be 20% so it seems around the right total maybe with their admin fees ...(?)

Edited by RemarkableArmor

13 minutes ago, hentaiyarou69 said:

Is this an old iteration? 

download.jpeg

God damn that is glorious