Acronym.

Westbrook

4 hours ago, denimjeans said:

image.png.5deeff54d45f99475ad212059df7f7dc.png

seems like based on 38-e's copy and the gen indicator, 38-gt came first conceptually (thanks @TestaRossaTed)

Eh, doesn’t really say anything about it being an overpant

2 minutes ago, moneytalks said:

Eh, doesn’t really say anything about it being an overpant

yea cause it's not, it's just the result of experimenting with making an overpant in the first place (hence the gen indicator)

1 minute ago, eyesolation said:

the -gt has a slightly wider cut than the -e to accommodate the inner pant, so I don't think the -e is intended to be worn as an overpant - but hey, doesn't mean you're not allowed to;)

aren't they literally the same measurements? 

To me, P38E seems more like a variation to fits different needs from original P38GT , which is designed as an overpant for ppl living in colder or rainy areas. 

I think it's ok to say many other pants can be wear as "Overpant" if it fits the environmetn and your needs. I used to wear slim insulation pants under P30A,P31A over last winter. In this case the outer layer don't really need to be 3L water proof material but something windproof and water repellent based on my local weather condition. 

P38E is just another choice E provided to ppl living in warmer area, who can use the vents over summer seasons and probably wear slim insulation over colder seasons.

yup that makes sense, because it has vents and a functional pocket, which the GT does not, you can definitely use it as overpants if you want to, underpants even, lol - but the extra vents definitely point to summer pants 

15 hours ago, darkart said:

J1TS-S, J1B-S, J1A-S....... all released. 

Yes like years ago on the 2.0, not the 2.2 or the latest version which was why I used "being made" since those have been made and are sold out. 

Edited by Orientalq

7 minutes ago, Orientalq said:

Yes like years ago on the 2.0, not the 2.2 or the latest version which was why I used "being made" since those have been made and are sold out. 

Why don't you ask E yourself since he's going to be the only one that could answer your question.

Also, "years ago" is nothing in terms of time. Acronym has been around for 20+ years now. I would love to see the LJ-2 make a comeback, or Limonta fabric being used again, but I doubt it will happen. If it does, great! If not, it won't stop by from buying future pieces. If you want a stotz jacket, you'll find plenty in decent condition in the acronym sales thread. 

2 minutes ago, analog29 said:

Why don't you ask E yourself since he's going to be the only one that could answer your question.

Also, "years ago" is nothing in terms of time. Acronym has been around for 20+ years now. I would love to see the LJ-2 make a comeback, or Limonta fabric being used again, but I doubt it will happen. If it does, great! If not, it won't stop by from buying future pieces. If you want a stotz jacket, you'll find plenty in decent condition in the acronym sales thread. 

1) it's a rhetorical question. I am saying a stotz j1a 2.2/4 would be a great idea

2) good luck finding a J1-S in decent condition that isn't marked up to hell

18 minutes ago, robbatussin said:

Genuine question: Is there no neg-rep limit on sufu that would see to someone being banned?

Nah, there’s peeps in here that go way back with way higher neg rep than that fecal for brains that keeps yelling into the ether

It’s my understanding that rep points used to be awarded based on the rep points of the person giving rep to the other person, if that makes sense? Which is why you see some peeps from the before times with six digit reps lol

5 hours ago, robbatussin said:

Genuine question: Is there no neg-rep limit on sufu that would see to someone being banned?

why would negrep ever lead to a ban if people can negrep for no reason whatsoever? If someone made an infraction of the rules they can report said post. If they found someone annoying or what not they can ignore that user. 

4 hours ago, brainerd666 said:

fecal for brains that keeps yelling into the ether

lol you couldn't hold yourself back from typing another insult... 

1 hour ago, FelixRevolt said:

UPS are trying to knock me for £800 for import taxes. Is there a code or something I can do to reduce this amount? I’m in the UK. 
P38-E and P38-GT in package, if that makes any difference.

Good luck dude. From everything I’ve heard/understand Brexit has completely fucked import fees from EU