Acronym.

Westbrook

1 minute ago, Cornuto said:

Yeah, would have totally copped J29 in DS. Don’t need another hard shell. 
Wonder how much it would co$t to buy some DS and have a tailor make me a blazer to go with P33’s.

i'm going to shamelessly plug garuda here, knows how to work with DS and some of his cuts are close enough to blazers that i am fairly sure he could do one for you

1 hour ago, Mannymmk said:

Man the price’s just creeping up there. I love it but maybe not at $2.1k, especially if you own other Acronym shells already.

My thoughts exactly. If it was 1200-1600€ maybeeee, but that’s too many shells to especially as the temperature rises with the seasons. Man...growing up is fun. 

5 minutes ago, Cornuto said:

Wonder how much it would co$t to buy some DS and have a tailor make me a blazer to go with P33’s.

I’ve tried to get material directly from Schoeller through work (cycling industry) and their sample costs are very high along with a relatively high MOQ. I’m very unfamiliar with the world of textiles and garment fabrication, however, I’d still love to get my hands on some. 

2 hours ago, Cornuto said:

100-150 usd for making/copying drawings

100 usd for -DS fabric

50-80 usd hardware

150-200 for the work of a tailor

3 hours ago, Yan90 said:

100 usd for -DS fabric

50-80 usd hardware

If it's about making a jacket from scratch (patterns, etc...), you might be underestimating how much the tailor is going to cost. It'll also depends on where the tailor is located.

23 minutes ago, SNg said:

If it's about making a jacket from scratch (patterns, etc...), you might be underestimating how much the tailor is going to cost. It'll also depends on where the tailor is located.

Maybe. 

My local tailor made the p10a-s for my friend for about 350 usd total incl. stotz fabric,  hardware+copying and improving patterns from my og p10 (see attach). 

The result was inconspicuous.  Tried them on. Imo it turned out better than the og p10 (I have 4 pairs of og p10). 

Screenshot_20210416-002540~2.png

Already have a custom suit tailor - quintessential old Jewish guy, the man is a craftsman, made me a killer tan suit for a summer wedding - and plenty of patterns to choose from. Finding DS to match the pants seems like the only real issue.

Now I’m intrigued. Next time I’m in the city I’m gonna check this out. 

7 hours ago, Yan90 said:

100 usd for -DS fabric

50-80 usd hardware

3 hours ago, Yan90 said:

Maybe. 

My local tailor made the p10a-s for my friend for about 350 usd total incl. stotz fabric,  hardware+copying and improving patterns from my og p10 (see attach). 

The result was inconspicuous.  Tried them on. Imo it turned out better than the og p10 (I have 4 pairs of og p10). 

sounds like the actual total cost is $350 + $900 (your p10 for reference) + your soul?

Could anyone help me ID these kicks Errolson is wearing here? I know they're Converse Chuck 70 hi tops. They look like canvas but it's hard to tell. Possibly an Undercover collab? I feel like this has been mentioned in the forum but i couldn't find anything via search. Anyhoo, any details would be greatly appreciated.

image.thumb.png.4fb66e25ee2bf63dcb6d5436508f1ac8.png

4 hours ago, analog29 said:

Could anyone help me ID these kicks Errolson is wearing here? I know they're Converse Chuck 70 hi tops. They look like canvas but it's hard to tell. Possibly an Undercover collab? I feel like this has been mentioned in the forum but i couldn't find anything via search. Anyhoo, any details would be greatly appreciated.

I just found this old grailed listing pic a few days ago. Undercoverism 2006 fw.

uc 06.jpeg

Edited by keynezk

8 hours ago, SuE said:

sounds like the actual total cost is $350 + $900 (your p10 for reference) + your soul?

Actually only 350 for him (also he sold his og p10 in size M, after receiving these pants)+ my time, but not my soul ( didnt give him the patterns and interacted with the tailor on my own). 

i keep p10 patterns in my safe) have no desire to distribute them for making more copies tbh. Still prefer og p10 in -ch or -e nylon tho. 

Edited by Yan90

11 hours ago, Yan90 said:

Maybe. 

Could you share that in high res for the culture 

10 minutes ago, CountZatara said:

Does anyone know where the care tag instructions are on the J65-WS? I checked all the pockets and can't seem to find it. I'm assuming it's the same routine one would follow with a Grangers wash. I'm reluctant because it's padded. Any things I should avoid when washing Windstopper?

lower left pocket.

machine wash 40 degrees
use liquid detergent
double rinse
do not use fabric softener or bleach
tumble dry
iron warm or tumble dry 20 minutes more to reactivate dwr
dry clean with clean distilled hydrocarbon solvent

remove jacketsling and close all zippers and fastenings before washing

Yeah, really digging the raid pockets for smaller items; fits a 3A-MP3TS as if that was exactly what the pocket was meant to hold. I only wish the stitches holding the button snaps were bar tacked stitched for better reinforcement. Concerned about their durability in the long run.

Just now, Orientalq said:

why doesn't acr use DHL (Deutsche Post) since they're in Berlin? I'm guessing it has to do with UPS insurance or something? 

I believe everything I’ve gotten has been shipped from the Czech Republic - so just might be a more efficient route through UPS’ Global Port in Köln?