Acronym.

Westbrook

Hoping this will generate some discussion: Would anyone here describe Acronym as militaristic?

I would never deny the clear influence military garments have on the aesthetic, from color palette right down to bag hardware, but I was at a loss for words when describing the brand to another person without using the atypical jargon like "techwear" and "cyberpunk." Other brands like WTAPS and Visvim clearly reference military clothing but either refine or elevate it into fashion.

Curious to hear how the enthusiasts here define it.

Edited by CountZatara
Formatting

I think he’s saying he was hesitant to use militaristic. 

But it’s streetwear. They have their reference material (military, moto, whatever), tweak it for wear in the streets and jack up the price. Wtaps is streetwear with more military influence. Visvim is more heritage. And that term has been around long enough that it should be in the popular lexicon, and not fashion jargon.

1 hour ago, WiseFool said:

Any owners of the previous j29 variants willing to chime in regarding sizing? I heard they fit quite slim. Trying to figure out how the ws version will translate over from the gt and ch versions. 

I had the GT-J29 and it was very slim compared to my other jackets in the same size (medium.) I find WS to also fit more on the slimmer side. If I were you, I would definitely size up at least 1 size. If you have slightly longer arms, maybe go up 2 sizes if you want a bit of room to layer. Good luck!

1 hour ago, WiseFool said:

Any owners of the previous j29 variants willing to chime in regarding sizing? I heard they fit quite slim. Trying to figure out how the ws version will translate over from the gt and ch versions. 

I’m normally an XL for my height and “girth” but I went down to a L In this and the J47 and I couldn’t be happier. 

1 hour ago, brainerd666 said:

Mil spec is branding gibberish lol

or EtaProof/Encapsulated Nylon is actually made to military specifications aka for pilot suits? Obviously stotz told acr the fabric is mil spec so it's not like its not true or misleading

4 hours ago, Orientalq said:

or EtaProof/Encapsulated Nylon is actually made to military specifications aka for pilot suits? Obviously stotz told acr the fabric is mil spec so it's not like its not true or misleading

Mil spec is branding. J crew uses stotz but don’t advertise it as “mil spec” because that’s not their target demo’s aesthetic.

On 4/10/2021 at 12:24 AM, beepy said:

I think he’s saying he was hesitant to use militaristic.

Oh I got that - just using the adjective incorrectly. Totally agree that 'military-inspired streetwear' is dumbed down enough to get the gist across to most ppl who would care- 

2 minutes ago, Mannymmk said:

Anyone has experience with pairing AuxZip on Acronym shell and liner of different sizes? Trying to get a liner in M for my J1A in L but don’t know if it will work.

My J1E is L and my J58 is XL. You can’t notice the longer sleeve. 

3 minutes ago, Mannymmk said:

Thanks! so the AuxZip’s of the same length? don’t know if L jacket will have a longer zip than M liner.

I have a J1A in L and my go to liner is the J65–AK in XL. The Aux zip on the liner is slightly longer, but not by much and it's not really noticeable, nor does it impact the way you would wear it. The J65 is short sleeve so you will never have that "long sleeve" problem to worry about. 

25 minutes ago, analog29 said:

I have a J1A in L and my go to liner is the J65–AK in XL. The Aux zip on the liner is slightly longer, but not by much and it's not really noticeable, nor does it impact the way you would wear it. The J65 is short sleeve so you will never have that "long sleeve" problem to worry about. 

Thanks my guy. You read my mind. Was trying to get a J65 as well. 

Not sure if anyone else has this issue, but I noticed this odd separation on the inside of the P30 1.0 and the P27. Does anyone else have this issue? I don’t think this was by design. I hope I can take this to a tailor and get it fixed hopefully. 

C606D80B-1FA5-4527-B088-2ED979B1E7E6.jpeg

Edited by IzunaK

44 minutes ago, IzunaK said:

Not sure if anyone else has this issue, but I noticed this odd separation on the inside of the P30 1.0 and the P27. Does anyone else have this issue? I don’t think this was by design. I hope I can take this to a tailor and get it fixed hopefully. 

C606D80B-1FA5-4527-B088-2ED979B1E7E6.jpeg

Had a similar issue with p30 v1 had to pay shipping to them to repair, and already happened with my v1.1 so they sent me some material to get it patched up. Def hit up repairs 

2 minutes ago, SlackJackflack said:

Had a similar issue with p30 v1 had to pay shipping to them to repair, and already happened with my v1.1 so they sent me some material to get it patched up. Def hit up repairs 

Glad to know it’s not just me. I wear mind pretty casually so I’m not doing anything crazy to damage them. How easy was it shipping it out for repair? How long was the turnaround time? I was thinking of going to a local tailor, but if it’s a better option to send them direct I will. I didn’t even know they did repairs, haha. 

8 minutes ago, Kamikaze said:

are you guys sizing down on those pants? only thing i can think of is the pants being a bit small and you guys shuffling around while being seated causing the tears. 

nope 

13 minutes ago, IzunaK said:

Glad to know it’s not just me. I wear mind pretty casually so I’m not doing anything crazy to damage them. How easy was it shipping it out for repair? How long was the turnaround time? I was thinking of going to a local tailor, but if it’s a better option to send them direct I will. I didn’t even know they did repairs, haha. 

Cali to CZ was a cool $90 but otherwise painless, took about two weeks for turnaround. 

I size down in the cropped stuff, mainly cause I like a slightly higher crop. 

the split is only present on the right side, however. The left side is still perfectly intact. 

only went from M to S however.