Acronym.

Westbrook

Yeah idk not feeling it. Water resistant? So if you get caught out in the rain without a jacket, 60% of your upper body stays dry-ish? A windproof… tee shirt? Why not make windproof socks while you’re at it? DS is one of my favorite fabrics, for slim pants with freedom of movement (like P10s) and for more obscure uses like weightlifting (durable, low friction, stretchy). But I just don’t see it in a tee. Hard to imagine anything supplanting merino, as far as function goes.

YMMV I guess. More for you :)

30 minutes ago, eidolarr said:

Yeah idk not feeling it. Water resistant? So if you get caught out in the rain without a jacket, 60% of your upper body stays dry-ish? A windproof… tee shirt? Why not make windproof socks while you’re at it? DS is one of my favorite fabrics, for slim pants with freedom of movement (like P10s) and for more obscure uses like weightlifting (durable, low friction, stretchy). But I just don’t see it in a tee. Hard to imagine anything supplanting merino, as far as function goes.

YMMV I guess. More for you :)

Water repellent. Light rain or w/e, I can attest to that from personal experience while biking. Obviously not anything extreme, but it does the job. These aren't meant to replace your merino stuff, just add more option.

Personally not a fan of ultralight tees, much prefer tougher, heavier tees, so I'm all in for these, also nice for summer (40+ celsius) days here in Aus as opposed to sweating through your shirt and the thing staying drenched all day. End of day, different people like different things, but not much value in simply dismissing the fabric in this form because you don't want it.

9 minutes ago, nathan_ said:

as opposed to sweating through your shirt and the thing staying drenched all day

Aren't you supposed to sweat through your shirt so it evaporates and cools you down? Wind resist is actually AWFUL for Australian summers. It's why ECWCS gen 3 level 2 waffle top (polartec power grid knit) is not windproof and is one of the best sweatwicking/layering materials ever in the summer.

Also Gore WS pant when? It's only a matter of time at this point. We've seen DS go to uppers and GTX to lowers, so E's hypebeast tactical move playbook should point to that next. Windproof, breathable, waterproof (off the record) so theoretically better than DS. 

what I'm trying to say is that DS is TOO good of a fabric to use in the summer. merino/airism shirts not blocking wind is a feature, not a downgrade. If you don't want wind then bring a WS jacket since it'll protect your face/arms/hands. otherwise what else are slings good for

無題.png

Edited by Orientalq

3 hours ago, Orientalq said:

what I'm trying to say is that DS is TOO good of a fabric to use in the summer. merino/airism shirts not blocking wind is a feature, not a downgrade. If you don't want wind then bring a WS jacket since it'll protect your face/arms/hands. otherwise what else are slings good for

無題.png

It seems that you’re discussing this very theoretical (bc haven’t worn a ds tee in real life) while brainerd666 has real life experience with it. Also it’s wind repellent, not blocking, not comparable to windstopper.
But I get your point and with my experience from -DS pants I’m not sure if this would work for me in like really hot (35C+) weather, I’m still tempted to try though haha

@Orientalq i wear DS all the time in Singapore, which has an eternal summer of 32ºC and up plus high humidity all year round. 
going out in the sun in my LA6A-DS, a tee underneath and my DS pants – no problem. 
Sometimes you really should try the product before you shit on it

Edited by moneytalks

Also, I'm not sure if all DS products have the Coldblack technology, but I do know that does pretty much reduce the heat absorption that black clothes normally take on when you have the sun beating down on you as well. 

2 hours ago, moneytalks said:

@Orientalq i wear DS all the time in Singapore, which has an eternal summer of 32ºC and up plus high humidity all year round. 
going out in the sun in my LA6A-DS, a tee underneath and my DS pants – no problem. 
Sometimes you really should try the product before you shit on it

LA6A-DS has sleeves, the product we're talking about here doesn't. It doesn't even have a sling, or a zipper. Let me know how DS feels when you put a jacket over it. No matter how "breathable" a fabric is, layering them WILL filter the rate at which it dries. 3XDRY will be more like 1.2XDRY.

You've assumed that I'm shitting on DS when it's quite the contrary. I've praised its feat in allowing the user to stay warm while being dry. Is it better than a normal 20 dollar T-shirt (airism/merino) for aussie weather? No. If your main goal is to stay dry AND cool, then wear something more permeable. A DS Tshirt is an oxymoron. DS is great for pants and even a jacket like the LA6. Thinking a DS t shirt is anything other than a fabric flex is straight-up delusional. A quite jack-of-all-trades, master of none.

Compare it to an AIRism Micro Mesh Shirt, and it's not even close. The S15-DS will probably be cool indoors or in the fall (but even then your arms are unprotected, which will be a dealbreaker for many). 

Edited by Orientalq

26 minutes ago, frenchbulldog said:

going to start posting videos of me reviewing acronym reviews. a slow motion, 240fps shot of me mousing over to the “trashrep” without even clicking play.

Yeah because constructive criticism is overrated. Very "SuperTalk" of you.

image.thumb.png.e606cd8a70acbf8c7905c69f3e7ba2ca.pngimage.png.9d4356eb7da74d0a79032893df6dd480.png

>https://www.instagram.com/stories/erlsn.acr/2534325030806195726/ 

Guy calls out E's ego, privilege, and virtue signaling (he's been in "Asian solidarity" mode for weeks now) despite ignoring atrocities committed in China to Uighurs (literally 0 mentions ever since it has been known) and having a factory there which he justifies by saying it's because "I'm Chinese". 

>https://www.instagram.com/stories/erlsn.acr/2534353500877762046/

E immediately tries to dox this guy and "meet him 1 on 1", assuming he wants to put his karate skills to use for once. Calls it "white supremacy" when it has nothing to do with said person's race. It could have been an asian person writing and the message would still be the same. 

I'm Asian and I get all the sentiment but frankly, this is getting sad. 

bonus: fetishizing people by race is bad

image.png.32c020d498a35465372da24271d15bb0.png

Also E:

image.png.d9d090b06b5cf8c6711a343b352eacd2.png

Edited by Orientalq

Another little know fact (apparently) is that DS comes in various fabric weights, for different garment applications. Seasonal temps/conditions being one application, durability being another.

The S15-DS for instance, is much lighter weight than the DS used on the 2018 P10-DS, or the P32’s. I’ve found that the lighter weight breathes more than the heavier weight oddly enough... 

1 hour ago, Espresto said:

@Orientalq lmao you fucking clown, what do the actions of the Chinese government have to do with condemning hate crimes against asians? 

image.png.7545f6ee891c607f799403c0bb750e37.pngimage.png.dd41cf57bd5f3494896418199c5a335d.png 

It's hypocritical to say being anti-CCP equates to racism toward Asians when CCP is committing actual genocide but E seems to conflate the two. No mention of Uyghurs on his page at all, as if it's not even happening. If he's going to preach about food apartheid and climate change, real genocide must sit somewhere on that table, right? I'm thinking maybe it's because E has financial ties in China (factories, business, whatnot, fear of blacklist). When someone points it out to him, E meets that person with  physical threats (albeit indirect), doxxing, and labels him a white supremacist to his 181k followers . It's like a white supremacist claiming to be a victim of reverse racism while also ignoring police brutality. 

I'd also prefer if you didn't ask your questions with ad hominems.

image.png.1eb98b9050bdf8b78ede679b91f63ae3.png

The same Errolson that's retweeting shit like this claiming that mining bitcoin with gas power is (((GENOCIDE))). 

1 hour ago, appolez said:

guy really went back through 12 years of tweets to try to make some incoherent point. nice work dude

Twitter advanced search comes in handy. Mind telling me how my point is incoherent? I don't see how doing research hurts my case.

Edited by Orientalq

This gonna be a rare time I’ll give you space in my brain @Orientalq

Go at fucking E about this shit on insta or Twitter whatever. You think peeps in here don’t follow him on both and don’t have an understanding of his politics at this point ffs? 

I realize I’m giving you airspace by appeasing your obvious need for something akin to a father figure, but damn dude you don’t need to base the entirety of your online personality around a constant need to both push against whatever passes for an ever changing cultural zeitgeist in our small group of enthusiasts while simultaneously requiring affirmation of your beliefs by belaboring very obvious constants. 

37 minutes ago, brainerd666 said:

You think peeps in here don’t follow him on both and don’t have an understanding of his politics at this point ffs? 

Not all of them do and not many can stand it for long. It's not like I made a post out of nothing. When a designer of a brand chooses to doxx/cancel someone despite having contradictory political biases, it's not wholly unrelated to discuss it given it was less than a day ago. ACR is E and E is ACR. Every piece made in his Chinese factory pays a (big) tax to the Chinese govt and thus as buyers, we can add that to a part of the decision-making process. 

37 minutes ago, brainerd666 said:

I realize I’m giving you airspace by appeasing your obvious need for something akin to a father figure, but damn dude you don’t need to base the entirety of your online personality around a constant need to both push against whatever passes for an ever changing cultural zeitgeist in our small group of enthusiasts while simultaneously requiring affirmation of your beliefs by belaboring very obvious constants. 

Strange of you to assume yourself as a father figure. I haven't the slightest clue what you're basing that off of. Anyways, it's a forum. People talk. If I were after reaffirmations from internet strangers, my rep score should dispel that assumption. I say what I consider to be as close to the truth as possible. If I'm wrong, I'll concede. Whether it makes you unhappy about your purchases doesn't make my points any less valid. 

If you consider all of this "obvious" and not a dealbreaker, then isn't it clear that I'm not writing for you in mind? There are readers on this site who don't proactively rep everything (or even have an account). Maybe some are new to the brand and don't follow E. Don't take it so personally.

Edited by Orientalq

Only thing I really want is the P30A-DS in Alpha Green. It doesn't help that it's been really difficult trying to pinpoint who besides Hanon will be stocking them. Probably not even going to attempt trying for the mothersite due to resellers and possible bots pinging the site. Though I kinda of expect that for every shop.

Shorts are pretty cool, but it's extremely rare I wear shorts going out.

Edited by IzunaK

Thanks for the link. Only thing that's a wee bit frustrating is it seems the US vendors are kinda spotty with what they're getting in. I heard Darkside isn't getting the P30, Hotoveli is only getting the J1A and one of the T-Shirts, etc. I guess at this point, the best bet is to just load everyone up and hope for the best at 1PM.

My only worry really is the fact that I'm hunting for a size S, haha. But, we'll see.