Acronym.

Westbrook

18 hours ago, robbatussin said:

Foil was always just reversed xpac. Durability (or lack of) will be the same. 

No, I don't think this is right. I've owned a silver foil, a black foil, and a green regular (with the current "foil" reverse face) and they are all obviously of different durabilities. The silver foil is incredibly fragile, but even the black is much less rigid than the back-face of the green xpac. The current "foil" seems to be laminated in some way that makes it much tougher (and more rigid).

As for waning magic, man, whatever. I'm too lazy, but I wonder what year the first post about "the magic is gone" was made in? Before 2016, I bet... hasn't it always been like this? Maybe it's you that have changed? It's been five years, after all -- it's natural for your tastes to shift over such a long period of time.

I've said this before but I think "making money" is the wrong take. Prices go up, sure, but the volume is too low for it to be a cash cow. If he wanted to make money, he would create a diffusion line and do more shoes. Acronym is his art/prestige project.

4 hours ago, Theanix said:

I’m blown away by how closed minded a lot of you guys are for Acronym trying new things. I would have expected everyone here to be the exact opposite given we are fans of a brand that is quite over the top to begin with.

wish E was more open-minded to making good things rather than things for the sake of being new. If one-off ultra-low stock Multi is the direction "New" ACR is heading then E needs to go the other way. Especially at these price points. For instance, J1E was well-liked with "New" things, features, arrays but he only sold it to friends and subnet. Everyone else gets highlighter stretchy boonie hat.

2 hours ago, eidolarr said:

No, I don't think this is right. I've owned a silver foil, a black foil, and a green regular (with the current "foil" reverse face) and they are all obviously of different durabilities. The silver foil is incredibly fragile, but even the black is much less rigid than the back-face of the green xpac. The current "foil" seems to be laminated in some way that makes it much tougher (and more rigid).

As for waning magic, man, whatever. I'm too lazy, but I wonder what year the first post about "the magic is gone" was made in? Before 2016, I bet... hasn't it always been like this? Maybe it's you that have changed? It's been five years, after all -- it's natural for your tastes to shift over such a long period of time.

I've said this before but I think "making money" is the wrong take. Prices go up, sure, but the volume is too low for it to be a cash cow. If he wanted to make money, he would create a diffusion line and do more shoes. Acronym is his art/prestige project.

Yeah, I get that people always wish for the way things used to be so that’s fair to say. I liked acronym in 2010 and I still like it now.

I mean I don’t think he’s making money hand over fist but as it has been discussed before there are definitely items that sit. As far as I know, almost every multi item sells out within minutes. Back to the pre-nike days I don’t think anyone needed a damn website tracker to try to get things in the first 10 minutes before it all sold out. So he’s definitely catering to hype in some form and that’s honestly how our retail landscape operates today. Look at nike with their snkrs drops and all these raffles lol and all the bot copping. Everyone wants in on something and it’s all so globalized now.

3 hours ago, Orientalq said:

wish E was more open-minded to making good things rather than things for the sake of being new. If one-off ultra-low stock Multi is the direction "New" ACR is heading then E needs to go the other way. Especially at these price points. For instance, J1E was well-liked with "New" things, features, arrays but he only sold it to friends and subnet. Everyone else gets highlighter stretchy boonie hat.

Why are you here?

5 hours ago, Orientalq said:

Huh? Have you not seen the pieces being reconsidered and iteratively improved? I can only assume the J1E business was to gauge whether the features were viable in day-to-day use. In-house testing is good but expanding the testing pool is even better, especially in all the different climates the subnet people are scattered in. Naturally, also to thank the superfans.

The multi stuff is getting old, sure, but a lot of this stuff was probably designed or conceptualized in succession, but produced over the course of the next year (maybe longer), something which isn't uncommon at all in the greater fashion-sphere, so it feels like they're clinging to it but it's all part of a singular vision. I'm almost certain we won't see it persist as part of every drop in the future... but famous last words, right?

6 hours ago, eidolarr said:

It sounds like you are using the term 'durability' to describe the rigidity/pliability of the overall material and not the resilience of the foil/glossy side of the material against de-lamination/peeling (as was frequently highlighted here in the past).

I see what you mean. I can definitely imagine the glossy xpac delaminating in the sense that the entire laminated face may separate from the inner material, as one piece, starting around the edges. However, the old foil lacks that lamination layer completely; individual shreds of the foil will tear off inevitably, even with light wear. I guess time will tell, but it's hard to imagine anything less robust than the old silver foil.

EDIT I took a picture:

image.thumb.png.9fec791f2ea26d739bccc9ba9602028b.png

That's not "delamination" in the gtx pro sense where the layers separate, it's just the outer layer being incredibly fragile. The current foil lineup seems like it would fail more like gtx pro

Edited by eidolarr

Would like to ask is there any third-party Acronym archive database?

Either website or could files will do.

Thanks guys.

I tried to search both online and within sufu but didn't find anything...

Edited by gosgjkaj

2 hours ago, Fourmera said:

the webbing is much darker than the product pictures suggest.

koll needs to lay off on the color editing and realize it's a product he's selling, not an art project -- has happened many times before with RAF/alpha green pieces where people get a different color than what the photos show

18 hours ago, BruceLeroy said:

Yeah, no. Fuck that. Color accuracy is KEY for product photography. 

“14% Grey color pallet reference shot? Nah bro we don’t need that, I fuck with the vibes.”

Imho a super weak excuse and not appropriate to the product he's selling. But i mean, they got the RAF stotz wrong for years so nothing new really.

I would have loved more 3A accessories in the new FOIL fabric, especially the MK2, but maybe we'll see this in the near future. My 3TS needs something new :ph34r:

late to the party but hadn't seen a 3a-5 foil up yet. for posterity, can confirm that the straps and the base reinforcements are the same colour. not sure if it was just me, but in some shots i thought the strap looked a tad lighter than the rest. also, comparison shot of the foil vs 3a-5 FW20 black xpac (interior), you can see a texture difference

IMG_8083.jpg

IMG_8086.jpg

9 minutes ago, thatslapz said:

I think you answered your own question. It’s the reverse lol. 

i know i know, ask a dumb question...
so it's literally the smooth matte face?

i think it looks good, i just know i'll be fucking annoyed when it rubs and sticks to my jackets or tees when i walk

lol ok just rubbed my shirt on the inside of my 3A-5 and i was wrong, it's super smooth

Edited by moneytalks