Acronym.

Westbrook

13 hours ago, brainerd666 said:

TLDR/Brevity I guess I just don’t like stemlords lol

If we all typed like chefs I would say the J28-WS is FUCKING RAW. But then it would be full of low-effort one-liners each trying to outdo the last -- fucking childish.

You know that unsaid rule among cool kids in school about "act like you don't care and you'll seem cool"? What do you think ACR appeals more to, the cool kids or the math geek? Being a fan of William Gibson's Neuromancer that should answer itself, shouldn't it?

I love the detailed reviews here. Keep them coming and never stop. One day I'll get my jacket and I'll make a review here myself. 

This is luxury cosplay ffs

Thanks for telling us what ACR means to you. Do you think Errolson would approve? I'm not his biggest fan but I'm sure he'd take that as an insult. As would many here who take this seriously as a hobby. 

treat your review less like a fucking term paper

Some people have to write a lot of papers for their career, some don't (including chefs). Antagonizing them for writing in a way they're comfortable in is selfish and divisive. If you can't read, don't read. Or learn how to speedread, as any grad student would know it's an invaluable tool whether you're in school or not. 

7 hours ago, Inkinsurgent said:

acr  having become expensive enough that people start to review their shit like consumer technology instead of clothes

Clothing and consumer technology are not unrelated. Especially when ACR has a section dedicated to "Fabric Technology" on every piece. New features and pocket arrays touch the same bases as ergonomics for phones which is impossible to gauge without retail stores where you can try them on. 

TL,DR: high function and high prices require detailed reviews, if you don't take it seriously don't force others to do the same.

On 2/18/2021 at 7:54 PM, IzunaK said:

Do any bigger dudes here have the LA8-AK at all? After all the talk about the DS version, I was wondering what the sizing is like. Found a pretty good deal on the AK version in L, but not sure if I need L/XL @ 220lbs with a 44 inch chest and 5'10".

I’m 6 foot, 200 Lbs w a 48” chest and my XL is too snug.

Really liked LA8-DS, but ACRNM shirts skeer me, they’re always too much like sausage casings for me. 

Does anyone else wish E would offer pants with wider hems (8.5 in +) again? I feel like pretty much every pant has a taper and it’s kind of unnecessary, for example the p34 would look a lot better without the awkward taper below the knee. Just my 2 cents 

Edited by BRICK DOM

8 minutes ago, BRICK DOM said:

Does anyone else wish E would offer pants with wider hems (8.5 in +) again? I feel like pretty much every pant has a taper and it’s kind of unnecessary, for example the p34 would look a lot better without the awkward taper below the knee. Just my 2 cents 

I wear my p31a less and less cause I’m not really feeling the taper and how wide the thighs look especially with the pockets flaring out. I grab my p32 way more lately. 

33 minutes ago, BRICK DOM said:

I feel like pretty much every pant has a taper and it’s kind of unnecessary,

*Literally every Enfin Leve pant and dude who posts on the /techwear sub reddit page.

I tend to gravitate towards my P24As since they are a good middle ground between wideness and taper. I would love for them to do a wider pant. Something along the lines of a M-65 field trouser size.

54 minutes ago, BRICK DOM said:

Definitely agree, I imagine its for functional reasons tho as dragging hems could be 'cumbersome,' Personally would love them to bring back something like the P5TS-S lower leg, great slouchy relaxed look. 

51 minutes ago, Nebulae said:

Definitely agree, I imagine its for functional reasons tho as dragging hems could be 'cumbersome,' Personally would love them to bring back something like the P5TS-S lower leg, great slouchy relaxed look. 

The P9-S has a nice fit that is comparable to the straight leg look that's popular nowadays, similar to Dickies 874. The grosgrain at the hem is a bit wider than more modern pants, so it's easier to cuff if that's the look you're going for. Only thing I'd wish for is a slightly higher rise waist. 

Why doesn't E just make pants that let us adjust how wide we want the hems to be? Like the Jacket cuff tape adjustment. And no I'm not talking about the ribbon shoelace hem on the p34, I'm not wasting my time with that when velcro holds up much better. 

Arcteryx, Crye, and literally every other combat pant clone has the velcro tape adjustment. 

EDIT: cowboy pants don't need tight hems :)

Edited by Orientalq

11 hours ago, Cornuto said:

Didn’t anyone cop P33-DS?  They’re quite straight, if a bit slouchier than combat pants. 

33’s and 31’s are all I’m wearing nowadays. P24 cut is nice, but DS blows Stotz away in terms of versatility.

P33 are a fantastic straight leg pant. I especially like that they don't have webbing sewn into hem, makes them sit really nicely on shoes. 

Edited by kobebean

8 hours ago, Cornuto said:

Didn’t anyone cop P33-DS?  They’re quite straight, if a bit slouchier than combat pants. 

33’s and 31’s are all I’m wearing nowadays. P24 cut is nice, but DS blows Stotz away in terms of versatility.

Had them, great pant (especially with no knee articulation) but they’re still tapered

1 hour ago, Nebulae said:

Had them, great pant (especially with no knee articulation) but they’re still tapered

Out of curiosity, what made you get rid of the 33s? I've been on the fence about them for a while now.

55 minutes ago, CCALL said:

Out of curiosity, what made you get rid of the 33s? I've been on the fence about them for a while now.

I just prefer to wear pants with a more regular rise and wider leg, nothing against the pant. One of the better recent pants shapes if you're into it.

10 hours ago, Cornuto said:

I'm curious by what you mean by that? I know the patina might turn some people off, but I prefer the hand feel of Stotz over DS. I personally think it's more casual in way. Sometimes the GT and DS combo can feel like you're wearing a wetsuit with all the synthetic fibers.

2 hours ago, kobebean said:

P33 are a fantastic straight leg pant. I especially like that they don't have webbing sewn into hem, makes them sit really nicely on shoes. 

Second this, especially on high top shoes like the AJ1s. Anyone here have fit pics with low top sneakers? There were pics months ago with some Vans Old Skools and it made me wanna get a pair. lol

22 minutes ago, thatslapz said:

The hidden cargos on the rear concealed contents thanks to the wide cut, and could easily be shifted to the side when you sit.

I love the verticality of the rear cargos. Even when filled, it doesn't affect the silhouette of the pant or cause bulk in your ass. I found the contents tend to slide toward the back of your lower thigh. Pre-pandemic I could've snuck in two cans of Four Lokos depending on how lax the security was at the clubs. lol

Sidenote: Was anyone in this thread at the Lab (Orange County) last Saturday? Saw someone crossing the street wearing what appeared to be the J28-WS. I saw the ACR logo tape from a mile away. lol First time I've seen ACR serendipitously outside of organized Nike/SI events. Would've fondled you and your fit but I was in my car. 

Versatile as in weather conditions. DS is comfy in a wider range. Maybe swampy in heat & humidity, but S is too thick to be much better. 

I was shoveling snow the other day, 10°, kinda wet. My legs would have been cold in Stotz, but P31’s were more than warm enough. 

Don’t get me wrong, P24’s are great. Had there been a blazer to match, I never would have bought DS. But I’m a convert. Outdoorsy folk have been calling DS a miracle fabric for 10+ years. 

DS is definitely the most comfortable of their current fabric offerings but it does get a bit too hot in summer.

The old CH fabric (both the industrial micro twill and schoeller shape) is even better though - although it's also less water resistant.

On 2/24/2021 at 2:20 AM, BRICK DOM said:

Basically the reason why I got the p37, with a slightly wider hem and a more straight cut. Definitely one of the more toned down pants. 

as someone who lives in the tropics and wears lots of acronym bottoms, this is the comfort ranking:

E – DS – CH – S

S being absolutely unbearable if you're going to be out and about on a sunny day. the S pants stay in the closet for when i go on trips to cooler places

10 hours ago, moneytalks said:

E – DS – CH – S

Encapsulated Nylon better than DS? Which model, in particular, did you like compared to DS? Was it because of the wide-cut or is there something about the fabric that lends it to being so comfortable in tropic environments? Also, does that mean jackets in Encapsulated Nylon are just as good? I can imagine it being better than GTX. Maybe J33-E is actually the best jacket for sale if not for it's saggy cut.

Edited by Orientalq

On 2/24/2021 at 2:25 PM, Inkinsurgent said:

DS is definitely the most comfortable of their current fabric offerings but it does get a bit too hot in summer.

The old CH fabric (both the industrial micro twill and schoeller shape) is even better though - although it's also less water resistant.

I just copped a pristine pair of P16a-CH a couple weeks back. After wearing my p10-ch regularly for the last 5 years, it feels fucking majestic walking around with like twice as much fabric lol

Edited by brainerd666

On 2/24/2021 at 10:50 AM, CountZatara said:

I love the verticality of the rear cargos. Even when filled, it doesn't affect the silhouette of the pant or cause bulk in your ass. I found the contents tend to slide toward the back of your lower thigh. Pre-pandemic I could've snuck in two cans of Four Lokos depending on how lax the security was at the clubs. lol

Sidenote: Was anyone in this thread at the Lab (Orange County) last Saturday? Saw someone crossing the street wearing what appeared to be the J28-WS. I saw the ACR logo tape from a mile away. lol First time I've seen ACR serendipitously outside of organized Nike/SI events. Would've fondled you and your fit but I was in my car. 

Haha that was me in the J28-WS abd P31. Made a stop at Blends to pick up the Porter x Vans Sk8 Hi

Edited by Theanix