Acronym.

Westbrook

Just now, IzunaK said:

I wonder when the new P30A is gonna drop. I really want to get that green, but knowing my luck, size S will be gone in less than a heartbeat...

Apparently around mid March (E said in reply to a comment on his IG).

It should hit local retailers so that should help with paying tariffs (depending on your location)

9 minutes ago, BruceLeroy said:

Apparently around mid March (E said in reply to a comment on his IG).

It should hit local retailers so that should help with paying tariffs (depending on your location)

Local retailers, really? If that's the case, my chances are looking a lot more reasonable. I'm fairly new to Acronym, but do retailers normally get the SS stuff? Most of the stuff I've seen at places like Notre or Hotoveli are FW stuff. 

LA8-DS came in today after a bit of weather delays.

FDD2657B-2557-4A64-B620-23676873A919.thumb.jpeg.c90bc7eb267da1312aefac5ee6788ff0.jpeg

A84B809E-0888-436B-B8EC-731F92F42F35.thumb.jpeg.0b0a3f6ee9391a7b3277b4b3c87f7ee1.jpeg

37C2E154-226E-4EFD-931D-7C7E01A3CF57.thumb.jpeg.a25f03619acd90c0c907ee0e59eea4a3.jpeg

DD2336E5-817B-4414-B520-D3958BB1B5EB.thumb.jpeg.939472e1eb743e00848b8fc7ad46be36.jpeg

E4AE1A1A-E4F4-4CBA-BCDB-B6D9B6C59E03.thumb.jpeg.f995dc5efa436eb59d3507c6071321f6.jpeg

Overall really like it, definitely a boxier cut like you guys have talked about already. I was kinda expecting that since I’m fairly tall and skinny and got an M. Only sizing gripe is the sleeves tend to stack a lot at my elbow when the buttons are done up, but this may be because it’s brand new or they’re too long for my arms; this is my first DS shirt so I don’t know personally. I’m around 6’ / 182cm so I dunno if it was a sizing error on my part or it’s just how it is. 

I honestly liked the fit of leaving the buttons undone and the center open more than I thought I would, I was worried it would look way too big on me doing that but, it gives a more of a causal light jacket vibe that I enjoy. The catch pocket is practical and easy to use, really roomy hand pockets, the articulation is great and gives you a huge range of motion. 

Other than that there’s not much else, kinda wish I could’ve got both the LA6 and this but got just the LA8 since I already have some black stand collar button up shirts and it’s a bit more visually distinctive/has different ways to wear it.

(also since I’m new-ish to buying acrnm I didn’t know the shirt sling is just attached by a knot so that was surprising to see lol)

Edited by tresend

Do any bigger dudes here have the LA8-AK at all? After all the talk about the DS version, I was wondering what the sizing is like. Found a pretty good deal on the AK version in L, but not sure if I need L/XL @ 220lbs with a 44 inch chest and 5'10".

7 minutes ago, fasttimes said:

Remember to like, subscribe and smash that bell icon for my new channel, FASTREVIEWS, where I react to other people's reviews

Let me know your thoughts in the comments below. Also, liking helps with the algorithm so please like. Please like or I will be unliked. Unliked leads to fear. Fear leads to hate. Hate leads to the dark side. 

3 hours ago, kkuer99 said:

Short summary, I only wore this jacket for a few days and did not regret the purchase. 8.5/10 satisfaction for this jacket so far.

Thank you for the review. Happy to see you enjoy this grail piece instead of listing it for sale at 2x. You would think tho that for a Windstopper jacket they would use a more rigid collar system (as the J1A 2.2 collar already has problems with holding upright after frequent use according to some people here). 

Anyone know who designed the J28? The center chest pocket cluster is a lot more traditional in form (almost like a field jacket). Would not be surprised if it was Michaela since she also did the more conservative P10.

2 hours ago, brainerd666 said:

Brevity is very tech. 

speedreading is a pretty powerful tech too

On 2/19/2021 at 4:59 AM, NinjaGuyInToronto said:

This version has Velcro/GT cinches at the cuffs, which don't appear to be on the old version. 

J69-gt has the cinches at the cuffs. It actually has a second cuff edge (not sure how u should call it) and u are able to fold the Velcro inside the cuff to hide it. That’s how I like to wear, more streamline. The only other jacket I know which has the same cuff is j67-fo. 

FE32F9AF-513D-4CC0-8567-A4FF67EEEBF0.jpeg

F3B9007B-9125-4B6D-9BF7-892282D9AABD.jpeg

1 hour ago, NinjaGuyInToronto said:

For me personally, I like to post the content that I'd like to see on here.  IMO reviews of expensive items that are pretty much impossible to try on in advance are pretty useful when considering a purchase.  This seems to be the only place to find that kind of info, and I applaud the effort of people like @kkuer99 taking the time to go into detail on what $2K actually gets you.  For anyone new to ACR it might be hard to tell which features are useless gimmicks, and which will make it hard to live without.  As a purchaser and enthusiast it's much more useful and interesting than simply 'it slaps' with a picture of a folded garment in a sandwich bag lol.  I can literally go on grailed for that.  If reading ACR content on a page dedicated to ACR is tiresome you can always sign up for instagram where it's just pictures without having to slog through text.  :wink:  

Spoken like someone who has never worked in a technical field lol.  The exact opposite is true.  Detailed documentation of design is one of the most important aspects of engineering.  Try getting a new component accepted for flight by the FAA, EASA, or the military and you'll see what I mean.  Of course another option is to be the change you want to see.  Nothing is more concise than not posting at all..  

The STEMpire Strikes Back!

Edited by CARLOOA

Ya’ll need to learn how to write shit that doesn’t sound like you’re trying to get into MIT after being passed over for a scholarship. This shit isn’t that important and it’s a lot more fun when you take it less seriously and the ‘reviews’/ ‘feedback’ reflect that.  This is luxury cosplay ffs. It’s fun clothes that sometimes do what it says it will. But always costs too much no matter what because it’s luxury. You can buy non-objectively better ‘performing’ pants/shells for a third or less of the price lol. I used to try and excuse the amount I spent on it too by rationalizing whatever feature blah blah blah. You can see my dumb shit on this very forum some years back (as well as my other dumb shit over the years). It’s expensive clothes that are really fun to wear and fun to look at and geek out over. But this need for quantification just kind of takes the fun away from it imo.

At the very least- treat your review less like a fucking term paper and more like a: Hey I ran around in this shit and wore it and this is what I do in my dumb life and this is why I like it/hate it. (Which is impossible after owning the item for two days lol.) Turning everything into a bullet point style word wall is just fucking boring and lifeless. And honestly takes away from the brand imo. Half the fun of ACR is learning little weird nuances and stuff. It’s oddly exciting not knowing exactly what you’re getting yourself into.( That’s probably going to come off as a privileged take. See my comment above about luxury. )

TLDR/Brevity I guess I just don’t like stemlords lol

make reviews but try to make them concise unless the topic can benefit from some detail. that's why my LA8-DS post was so brief because it's a model that's come out before and it's just a shirt.

J69-HY / iterative but different with a brand new (and imo kinda interesting) material that I don't mind a long form review

J28-WS / one of the most popular acrnm pieces in WS, storm hat's known with the J1E and raindrop; kinda self explanatory

(posting a bit about sizing is also v nice to look back at, helped me a lot starting off so don't mind passing the torch to someone picking up a piece you talked about way in the future)