Acronym.

Westbrook

19 minutes ago, nathan_ said:

Work smart, not hard. I've seen @brainerd666 take the time to explain why pieces fit the way they do, and why it works, for the person he's explaining it to to just ignore it an continue bricking the item.

Wear what you want, I suppose, but why spend so much on stuff that doesn't fit properly.

Except @fasttimes's endgame was "move on" when you can just ask support to help size for you because acr sizing can be inconsistent on a piece by piece basis. Unless you wear XXXXL I don't think any piece "just won't work" when instead of going up or down a size will do the trick. If you like the design of something don't give up and say "oh well im too tall for acr". If you're an enthusiast, just put in the time and it'll work out. We wouldn't have people scrambling to size before items sell out if E bothered stocking more but what can you do in this post-hype world. 

You can go into everything with a "work smarter" attitude but it doesn't always apply, and you definitely need to put in work eventually. But specifically in fasttimes case it wasn't smart at all, he just said "fuck it and move on".

20 minutes ago, Orientalq said:

why don't they just return and trade a size, or can you not do that with ACR

Makes sense that you're one of the people that talk shit about acr without having ever bought anything from mothersite.

To answer your q, you can, that's why you see occasional sizes of some pieces pop back up again.

Edited by uboraan

21 minutes ago, uboraan said:

Makes sense that you're one of the people that talk shit about acr without having ever bought anything from mothersite.

To answer your q, you can, that's why you see occasional sizes of some pieces pop back up again.

I have bought from the mothersite, fyi. I just don't see why people have sizing problems when they can just return. Yeah sorry I don't blindly consoom every season :0 asking questions and making personal judgements is my thing

2 minutes ago, Orientalq said:

I have bought from the mothersite, fyi. I just don't see why people have sizing problems when they can just return. Yeah sorry I don't blindly consoom every season :0 asking questions and making personal judgements is my thing

You really are being intentionally obstinate eh?

15 minutes ago, Orientalq said:

oh you finally bought your first piece? What was it? 

17 minutes ago, itHZwhatitHZ said:

17 minutes ago, itHZwhatitHZ said:

P38-GT in Alpha Green from Errol's Insta Stories. Gotta love those black zips compared to the silver.

P38 Alpha Green.png

You sure that’s GT...:) 

Edited by brainerd666

4 minutes ago, brainerd666 said:

That’s probs the new E material not GT

You sure that’s GT...:) 

Can't say for sure, but going off of the P38-GT's already previewed on the mothersite, those featured black zippers, whereas the P38-E had the silver.

SPK_J69-HY_254.jpg

SPK_LA6A-DS_118.jpg

Edited by itHZwhatitHZ

26 minutes ago, itHZwhatitHZ said:

Can't say for sure, but going off of the P38-GT's already previewed on the mothersite, those featured black zippers, whereas the P38-E had the silver.

Front pocket botton seam on the GT is lower, flat and overlaps with the cargo pocket. The E version is higher and folds under itself.

Looking forward to hear about experiences with it as soon as its out (P38-GT). I'm not sure i would like GT as a material for pants tbh (no stretch, loud af). I also expect them to be priced quite high.

About the J33-E, i finally pulled the trigger for one yesterday (almost two years after its release lol). Went TTS though - i will let you know how it is as soon as i have it in my hands.

10 hours ago, Orientalq said:

If you like the design of something don't give up and say "oh well im too tall for acr".

If you like the design of something don't give up and say "oh well im too broke for acr".

27 minutes ago, moneytalks said:

If you like the design of something don't give up and say "oh well im too broke for acr".

I can afford to buy a new Toyota Tacoma pickup but I don't buy it because I don't need it. I don't buy new ACR because I don't need it either. If I like a design at the right price I'll buy it. I've bought the CP4 and I'll happily wait for the opportunity to buy a jacket too.

"Can't afford price hikes? You're a broke hater!" I've laid out all the reasons why I've chosen not to buy new releases before and being poor isn't one of them. Keep trying though.

I guess I should clarify that because I'm in California, jackets aren't so high on my priority list but I'm still passively seeking the right jacket because I'm a fan of the design and functionality. It's also why I'm not so fond of GT as a material. 

ACR is a niche and shares budgets with my photography, mid-fi audio, firearm, airsoft, and cycling hobbies like everyone else. A $2000 jacket is hard to justify over a new headphone, IEM, and lens combined. Especially in Cali.

I understand when you guys try to pin me, be it that I don't own "real ACR" or that I'm too broke because I'm known for criticising ACR's pricing and stocking behavior post-ACG. I know you guys have invested a lot into your hobby thus feel attacked when I say some things, but realize that I'm not directing these criticisms at you personally. I've laid out everything I believe in a few months back so I know better now to not to repeat myself. 

That said, I'm still keeping tabs on the ACR scene and asking questions to learn. If I happen to say a few things along the way that don't make you feel good about your purchases, I apologize. In cases when I'm wrong, I'll happily admit it because it means I've learned something.

Maybe there'll come a day when I come to terms with ACR as a hype brand and not a functional one. I hope I'm wrong.

Edited by Orientalq

I thought the reason everyone downvotes orientalQ is because he resells out the ass 

I'm tryna figure out what that material is on the green p38s. Reminds me of the MP fabric almost. maybe it's just the photo quality making it look like that 

Some comments about J33-E as i just got it in my hands. I know this is SS2019 but as it may be still relevant as it is still in stock.

I went true to size (Size M, 180cm - 77kg) and really love the silhouette. Yes, it is wide, but i wouldn't say it looks too big. I personally would not recommend to size down tbh but it may depend on overall build. For me, the fit matches the pics from Umit on the mothersite and i wouldnt like if it would look like the one from Ian. Probably a good addition to the recent sizing discussion!

Material is super nice as well, though it seems to attract hairs/dust a bit easily and of course its not waterproof like gore-tex but therefore a lot more "comfortable".

Overall happy with my purchase and i can imagine wearing this for many years because i think its minimal enough to be super versatile.