Acronym.

Westbrook

5 hours ago, saskey said:

If I may ask: What is the problem with the zip on the J83-WS? Is it the jamming-up or the visual aspect?
What I can tell from my eperience with the J74-PX is the "cover" material for the zip is jamming in and this is creating like a thin discoloration (like a white line) in the area. Talking black colorway here.
If needed I can add a pic.

I've got the J83-WS as well and it's absolutely dope, but the zipper is... temperamental. I love the look, but the bottom zip doesn't stay flush, and if it's not flush you can't unhook it. It does also bite the material sometimes which also makes it hard to undo.

2 hours ago, eidolarr said:

I've got the J83-WS as well and it's absolutely dope, but the zipper is... temperamental. I love the look, but the bottom zip doesn't stay flush, and if it's not flush you can't unhook it. It does also bite the material sometimes which also makes it hard to undo.

I feel your pain!!! Every Day! If you are really careful and make sure everything is lined up, and the zippers are in alignment with the stars . . .it might go up without jamming! It shouldn't't have to be this hard! Good luck to all J88 owners . . .please post zipper tips here!

On 12/11/2020 at 10:38 AM, saskey said:

If I may ask: What is the problem with the zip on the J83-WS? Is it the jamming-up or the visual aspect?
What I can tell from my eperience with the J74-PX is the "cover" material for the zip is jamming in and this is creating like a thin discoloration (like a white line) in the area. Talking black colorway here.
If needed I can add a pic.

1. Make sure both upper and lower zips are moved completely to the bottom.

2. Make sure the upper and lower zips are moved completely to the bottom and aligned vertically.

3. Carefully insert right side of zipper thingy into jaws of death.

4. Pray and make burnt offering.

5. Slowly and carefully drag the zip straight up until it jams: and then start over!

I am only exaggerating slightly!

Edited by Roofmann
spelling

Lol. I have an 83 and don't find the zipper that bad, just took a little practice to get it right. I find pulling the bottom of the jacket away from my body when lining up the zippers and zipping up helps avoid the zipper catching on the ribbon. YMMV apparently. 

10 hours ago, kobebean said:

Lol. I have an 83 and don't find the zipper that bad, just took a little practice to get it right. I find pulling the bottom of the jacket away from my body when lining up the zippers and zipping up helps avoid the zipper catching on the ribbon. YMMV apparently. 

That's a useful tip! You clearly have better hand-to eye co-ordination than me! :-)

10 hours ago, kobebean said:

This REALLY bugs me ... acronym stuff used to be just throw it on and it works in every respect and you don’t have to put thought into how you line up a zip or anything like that. I can handle the ever-rising price point but this is just going backwards and they have killed multiple awesome pieces for me with this type of issue. Training yourself to learn a technique like this ... you really shouldn’t have to do it when you’re paying this much. I just send the offenders straight back before I get into this mindset although I always want to keep them as they are typically 98% awesome and I do understand! “Maybe I can just learn to zip it this way and it’ll be ok” ... these pieces are upwards of €1.5K!!!

My take anyway and I do understand why people keep the gear and adapt to it. I was gonna get a J83 but know this one won’t work for me now.

3 hours ago, RemarkableArmor said:

This REALLY bugs me ... acronym stuff used to be just throw it on and it works in every respect and you don’t have to put thought into how you line up a zip or anything like that. I can handle the ever-rising price point but this is just going backwards and they have killed multiple awesome pieces for me with this type of issue. Training yourself to learn a technique like this ... you really shouldn’t have to do it when you’re paying this much. I just send the offenders straight back before I get into this mindset although I always want to keep them as they are typically 98% awesome and I do understand! “Maybe I can just learn to zip it this way and it’ll be ok” ... these pieces are upwards of €1.5K!!!

My take anyway and I do understand why people keep the gear and adapt to it. I was gonna get a J83 but know this one won’t work for me now.

I get what you're saying, and agree that the 83 zipper is pretty problematic... not a fatal flaw for me but pretty annoying. I would have been much happier with a YKK single zip tbh. I have pretty high expectations for stuff I buy but don't expect perfection, everything is flawed and as you get deeper into clothes you become better at detecting them. Maybe at a certain point it becomes about what flaws you're willing to tolerate and what are dealbreakers. Either way assuming high price = flawless is a recipe for anger and disappointment IMO. 

I def wouldn't describe Acronym stuff (especially jackets) as "throw it on and it works in every respect though," the pieces take time to learn how to "operate" and fully utilize which is part of the fun. My love for the 83 has grown as I've spent more time with it and used it in different scenarios, but I do worry about the zipper failing lol. If it does, hopefully Acrnm will come through with a replacement or something. 

Edited by kobebean

I just feel like the pieces I have from >5 years ago pretty much WERE flawless and just worked. Then I remember people talking about P23s where the ankle cuffs split unless you put them on with your feet angled a a certain way ... and then you have to angle zips a certain way and pull one side of the jacket down. It’s the kind of thing I’d expect to do on a cheap jacket or something I bought knowing that I could expect flawed implementation.

Now it’s a lottery in my experience. I’ll keep buying but good to get the intel on here regarding pieces I’d rather not get involved with. I don’t want to have to think about zip strategies when I’m buying acronym this should all be done for us!

https://skyanycolour.com/

ARG solved a few more things, this site was shared by Hugh and the IG account has changed their name to Sky Any Colour so something large may be coming.

If you want to chat about the arg or see any of the other stuff in more detail feel free to join us: https://discord.gg/ERHRNm6Q5y

Edit: Reasoning behind having a separate discord is to prevent spam from here, I know not everyone interested in acronym is interested with the ARG so just not wanting to spam as updates come through.

They've sent out this image as well

684cd2f3-0896-4703-aae5-8e9d0b7c5b12.jpg

Edited by SlackJackflack

10 hours ago, frenchbulldog said:

please no more ARG garbage

the most pointless shit ever. Does nothing to create hype other than for some enthusiasts who buy into the rabbit hole

guess what's at the end of the tunnel: an overpriced good that you (might) get for free

I swear its just an excuse for E to pay his friends (rudnick and Ian) 

Good design is good design, but for christ sake put it to better use than this

Edited by Orientalq

Vince McMahon (ACR): "Bret Hart, you've got to be terribly frustrated, extremely frustrated about what just happened."

Bret Hart(Fans): "Frustrated isn't the goddamn word for it! This is bullshit! You screwed me! Everybody screwed me! And nobody does a goddamn thing about it. Nobody in the building cares, nobody in the dressing room cares. So much goddamn injustice around here! I've had it up to here!

Everybody knows it! I know it! Everybody knows it. I should be the head of advertising! Everybody just keeps turning a blind eye. You keep turning a blind eye to it. I got that longtime Subnet user, he turns a blind eye to it! Everybody in that goddamn dressing room knows that I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be! If you don't like it - tough shit!"

Even I don't particularly care for the ARG but damn just mute the IG stories if you don't like this marketing push. Plus hasn't streetwear always just taken in close friends of the core guys and working together?

Edited by Albm

On another note, so many years later, i'm still amazed by the foldable 6ts flap that you can extend out if the load of the bag requires it. I'm sure it's been used elsewhere by other people but i seldom see it at all yet it's such a simple solution. Whether it was bagjack or acr good job to them

Any neat details you guys will never fail to be impressed by? I'm sure the phone pocket is a big one

25 minutes ago, Albm said:

On another note, so many years later, i'm still amazed by the foldable 6ts flap that you can extend out if the load of the bag requires it. I'm sure it's been used elsewhere by other people but i seldom see it at all yet it's such a simple solution. Whether it was bagjack or acr good job to them

Any neat details you guys will never fail to be impressed by? I'm sure the phone pocket is a big one

The removable bag liners are a great touch too.

1 hour ago, Albm said:

While I was traveling, I found the waist pockets on my J1TS-S really usefully for storing stuff. Because they wrap around to the back, I didn't have to worry about items bulking in the front. Also thought I lost my water bottle a couple times. lol

Additionally, the waist pockets have a small tab in the interior for your fingers to cling to. I might just be looking too deeply into it, but the pocket feels less like a bottomless void and like a more tangible storage space when you're resting your hands in there. Whether that was the intention or not, I was impressed by it nonetheless.

1 hour ago, Albm said:

I find the mezzanine pockets are incredibly convenient when I need to put something down for a quick second. The small thumb tabs underneath the buttons are great too, easily becomes something that you don't even have to think about.

2 hours ago, Albm said:

Personally, I find the Deep Pockets' little partition towards the outseam to be super convenient for reducing unnecessary pocket rummaging. I always tuck my keys (in an OrbitKey) away in one of them, and my car fob in the other.