Acronym.

Westbrook

WTB/WTT:

J1B-GT (white only) in either L or XL

If someone has it and is open for trades, I have a large J1A-GTKP in mint condition with bag and spec sheet for whoever is looking to add it to their collection. It has only been tried on once and then stored away with the rest of my collection.

Edited by CeroEspada

1 minute ago, CeroEspada said:

WTB:

J1B-GT (white only) in either L or XL

If someone has it and is open for trades, I have a large J1A-GTKP in mint condition with bag and spec sheet for whoever is looking to add it to their collection.

Wrong spot. There is a classified thread you can post this to. In the mean time buy white in XL from here so I can stop tempting myself. 

https://www.saintalfred.com/collections/acronym-1/products/j1b-gt-2

2 minutes ago, BruceLeroy said:

Wrong spot. There is a classified thread you can post this to. In the mean time buy white in XL from here so I can stop tempting myself. 

https://www.saintalfred.com/collections/acronym-1/products/j1b-gt-2

Thank you good sir!

I get paid soon so I'm definitely buying it!!!

Would love some advice on jacket sizing.

I'm a LARGE in Veilance. True chest is 42". Most of my jackets are 22" pit to pit.

Seems like a J1B-GT, for example, in a Medium would be good, not slim, good to layer underneath?

For what it's worth, I am 5'7, 175lbs right now.

Edited by knucks

4 hours ago, knucks said:

I'm a LARGE in Veilance. True chest is 42". Most of my jackets are 22" pit to pit.

Seems like a J1B-GT, for example, in a Medium would be good, not slim, good to layer underneath?

I can't speak to that particular jacket but based on your size I would guess Large would generally be a better fit. 

5 hours ago, knucks said:

you're medium. large would be all wrong for you sleeve and lengthwise

Received Multi J1B-GT yesterday and it’s the bomb. Love the shoulder pockets and colours. 

I ordered an NG5-PU along with it but this wasn’t in the package. I’ve emailed base camp and waiting for their reply. Does anyone know something here, possibly shipped from another location?

Just received the j1b-gt today, and noticed some minor changes from the j1a-gt 2.2. 

• The new 2.5L storm hood is a welcome add-on and feels incredibly supple on the inside layer of the hood. However the claim of a reduced audio signature does not ring true. Noise-wise it's still noticeably swooshy gore-tex. 
  • Logo tape webbing is now more flexible; the fabric bends easily. My tape came with fraying threads. Honestly, it feels cheap, but it doesn't really matter to me as I don't plan on wearing it.
  • White CW has matted WR zip closures.
  • Collar zip hanging fabric is softer
  • Removal of lip-stick garage

Overall I'm excited for the more profile look without a flak pocket protruding. Looking forward to using the detached shoulder pockets as they're almost reminiscent to a mix of the J32 and J16, and likely going use chest pockets to stow the storm hood when not in use. I think it's funny the sleeve hitch tabs still exist!

54 minutes ago, jeddyhsu said:

I think it's funny the sleeve hitch tabs still exist!

Agreed with you on all this. My logo tape was fine but my P10-DS had some glaring quality issues like excess threads and what not. 

What the fuck do we use the hitch tabs for anyways? Wrong answers only. 

33 minutes ago, kenwiryadi said:

@CeroEspada saint alfred still has it iirc

Nah, the white is gone now :(

I think they still got black but I have so many dark jackets haha I need to mix it up. 

I had to put up one of my prized jackets (J1A-GTKP) for funds as a result.

Edited by CeroEspada

8 hours ago, Archival said:

great video + review!

what size are you wearing ? also, what's your height ?

I've been on the fence with which color to get but I'm sold on the raf now lol

Haha, cool, thanks! Im 176cm 65kg wearing Medium

Received my J1B in white! Comparing to my J28 1.2:

• Both are size small but J28 is quite a bit more generous, especially across the back and in the sleeves. 
  • Both will accommodate a J68 as a liner, though the J1B is more snug
  • J1B hood sits probably an inch and a half ahead of the J28 hood, so the J1B provides much better coverage
  • The J1B collar when zipped accommodates the J68 collar, also zipped, without being constricting 
  • The stand collar of the J28 doesn't stay nearly as neat as the J1B stand collar when unzipped
  • I'm a little torn on losing the front pocket array of the J28. They definitely distorted the profile of the jacket, but it was super easy to access the main pockets + mezzanine pockets. OTOH, the J1B is much cleaner and I would say has similar storage space to the J28, but the pockets are more finicky to access since they're WR zips and on the sleeves rather than velcro and on the chest. 

All in all, I really like the J1B and will probably let go of the J28. @jeddyhsu what do you use the detached pockets for? Right now I've been thinking masks but unsure what others have found them best for. 

1 hour ago, zxcvbnnn said:All in all, I really like the J1B and will probably let go of the J28. @jeddyhsu what do you use the detached pockets for? Right now I've been thinking masks but unsure what others have found them best for. 

I used mine for a spare mask - I always keep one in each jacket, a small thing of lotion and sanitizer (so much hand washing in the winter makes this black man look like ashy Larry), and film holders and batteries for either analog or digital cameras. 

tenor.gif

15 hours ago, BruceLeroy said:

Agreed with you on all this. My logo tape was fine but my P10-DS had some glaring quality issues like excess threads and what not. 

What the fuck do we use the hitch tabs for anyways? Wrong answers only. 

Same with all my MIC items. Crooked stitching, excess threads. 

P.S. logo tape from my j68-PL 

IMG_20201124_2025175.jpg

1 minute ago, Inkinsurgent said:

on a part you could produce at ten times the QD rejection rate without raising the product's overall price by more than 1% nonetheless.

Imagine how I feel as a quality/reliability engineer for a cycling company. It’s hard to not overlook the small things. 

I just checked all of my shells and J68 and two are off. One slightly. One very obvious. Normally I’d say this would be fine, but this is a brand logo graphic - a big no no. Who ever is pad/screen printing these parts needs to revisit the control plan. 

3 hours ago, zxcvbnnn said:

@jeddyhsu what do you use the detached pockets for? Right now I've been thinking masks but unsure what others have found them best for. 

I've put my airpods case, keys, pocketknife, lip balm, lighter, and even a pack of cigs all individually fit in them.

A close friend made me a deal I couldn’t say no to for their J1E-GT

Is there a best practice for cleaning white GT without inducing any yellowing/discoloring? 

I searched the thread, but got distracted by someone getting roasted, and another photo of a jacket, (maybe crooked) logo tape up, in the toilet talking about flushing. 

13 minutes ago, leg said:

Acronym is a luxury brand with luxury price points, I can’t even imagine stuff like that on 200EUR Arcteryx jacket. Acronym was always synonymous with quality. Fabrics (not stotz or epic), patterns, quality control, branding etc. But seeing mistakes like that especially after steady price increases is pretty sus. Kinda feels like that on a personal level E is not interested in the brand anymore.

i know it's a meme now but MIE>MIC. i thought the MIC items would be priced lower but this j1b is kinda high.

also kith just loaded the new acronym items.

https://kith.com/collections/acronym/products/acj1b-gt-wht

Edited by Kamikaze

11 minutes ago, leg said:

Acronym is a luxury brand with luxury price points, I can’t even imagine stuff like that on 200EUR Arcteryx jacket. Acronym was always synonymous with quality. Fabrics (not stotz or epic), patterns, quality control, branding etc. But seeing mistakes like that especially after steady price increases is pretty sus. Kinda feels like on a personal level E is not interested in the brand anymore.

don't think its quite the case errolson and by extension acronym do not care about the brand, otherwise why bother bother with collaborations and all the marketing that entails, although one could argue that the collabs are way alleviate the boredom they may feel with acronym, a form of invigoration.

if you look at the clothing as an extension of how acronym thinks, in the past it would be more aggressive silhouettes, everything on point, todays acronym is more relaxed, going with the flow and seems that attitude has permeated through to quality control. just my two rusty pennies worth and could be just chatting out of my hat.