Acronym.

Westbrook

8 hours ago, FelixRevolt said:

What are your first impressions @wexler on the J68-PL? Hopefully my order lands today which has seemed like an eternity.

Nice piece, fairly versatile with how you can wear via the 2-way zip and snap closures. Seems pretty warm in my opinion but with the center snap closed you can dump heat (same with the sleeve zips) from the top and bottom while not having the jacket blown open when it's windy out. Shockcord adjusters on both sides can really tighten up the hem if you're cold. Hand pockets extend backward like most of their jackets. Chest pocket is essentially the size of that panel, excluding the top portion. I'll have to play around with it more but good impressions thus far. 

10 minutes ago, zxcvbnnn said:

Anyone able to compare J68 warmth to the J58 now that it's out in the wild?

No difference to me, however, the J68 has a little more room internally so it fits sweaters a bit more comfortably. The other day it was a high of 0C / 36F with 35kph / 21 mph winds and I wore my J68 with just a t shirt and felt toasty. J58 was just the same.

2 minutes ago, BruceLeroy said:

No difference to me, however, the J68 has a little more room internally so it fits sweaters a bit more comfortably. The other day it was a high of 0C / 36F with 35kph / 21 mph winds and I wore my J68 with just a t shirt and felt toasty. J58 was just the same.

Did you buy the same size in both? Based on measurements it seemed like the J68 fits a size smaller than the J58. I have a J58 in M, and was looking at buying the J68 in L.

Just now, ogre said:

Did you buy the same size in both? Based on measurements it seemed like the J68 fits a size smaller than the J58. I have a J58 in M, and was looking at buying the J68 in L.

I have an XL in both. I thought about going down to a L, but I like how it fits a little bit bigger. I also have a very large frame (former track cyclist sprinter and D1 football player) so it helps to have a jacket just a tad bit different than the J58 to open more looks for me. For example, I think my J68 looks better with my P30A-DS, but I think my J58 looks better with my P10-DS.

9 minutes ago, ogre said:

Have both in the same size. Subjective, but I think the J58 is slightly warmer. The elastic hem really traps heat. Haven't had much time with the J68 so far so hard to say for sure. 

1 hour ago, ogre said:

I own size L in both 58-WS and 68-PL.

I too thought that the 68 would be smaller based off of measurements. After trying it on, it’s a bit roomier for layering in the body. The lack of elastic hem at the bottom of the 68 really makes a different in layering. Depending on your body type, I might suggest going up a size in the 68 if you have broad shoulders as some people had mixed experiences and said that it’s a bit tight there.

Similar to what @wexlersaid, I feel the 58 is a tad warmer as well.

I think you’ll be fine with any of those choices. 

primaloft is just thinner than climashield.  They both have the same heat efficiency.  The difference will be the hem on the j68 vs 83 and 58. You’ll have to use the shock cord to cinch (un-cinch to dump heat) the hem on the 68. 

15 minutes ago, Cornuto said:

You can’t access hand pockets under a climbing harness/military vest.

Chest level Napoleon pockets were the solution.

Yeah it makes total sense and this is my ignorance for not picking up on that prior to purchase. Being that this one was for casual wear in my case I’m not sure it will work out in this instance but it’s an otherwise lovely piece.

@markdjr Holy shit, that's super clean. We definitely need some pictures to see how it fits. Might look into getting this done too as the only thing I hate about the J58 is the bunching of elastic hem.

Also, does anyone know if it's only Hotoveli that's releasing the 2nd drop on November 23rd, or is everywhere also delayed from the original date of November 16th?

https://www.hotoveli.com/collections/acronym/

6 hours ago, markdjr said:

I think I had to order 5 or 6 pieces of elastic before I found the right match to the OE elastic, I have a really good tailor here that has nailed a couple of other ACR mods for me in the past.  

That looks great man, if mine had fit me, I would've copied you for sure!

2 hours ago, jasonlao said:

Also, does anyone know if it's only Hotoveli that's releasing the 2nd drop on November 23rd, or is everywhere also delayed from the original date of November 16th?

I think I mentioned the date change earlier, but I'm pretty sure the two drops have been merged into one, so no more 16th November, just 23rd. Not sure if this will be the same for mothersite, so unless somebody who knows wants to chime in, I guess only time will tell.

On 11/4/2020 at 5:04 PM, Hergert said:

is j83 warmer than j68 or j58 looking for a mid layer for -10celsius 

I have all three. I have never done an objective warmth comparison, however the j83 seems to be the warmest. I was taking the dog for a long walk yesterday and it was quite warm about +12 Celsius. I was wearing the j-68. It was too warm for that jacket. However,I didn't have to use the sling I just opened the zipper and I was fine. I would have had to remove the J83. 

Something to consider as well, the J83 has a really crappy zipper. It's a fine-toothed silver YKK. It tends to bind really easily  near the bottom and you must take extreme care to align everything perfectly before pulling it up or down. I have lubricated it with zipper lubricants and it helps but I am sure I am going to have to replace it sooner rather than later. The other two have larger-toothed YKK's but they are much easier to use. I thought it might break-in but it seems to be getting worse.

The J83 is the most expensive too!