Acronym.

Westbrook

54 minutes ago, beepy said:

I'd be amazed if the mask is under $200. 

But yeah hood looks much nicer than the normal Evolution.

Here's a fun game for @Orientalq. With 200 pieces produced, is this a cheap acronym jacket over priced at double Tilak's normal price for the evolution?

Question for people buying one: Tilak has been making this jacket for years, so why are you getting this version?

From my perspective nothing logical ... it’s an acronym collab and I like acronym ... shameless I know :biggrin:. Growing up as a streetwear nut I was always a sucker for a good double label !

3 hours ago, beepy said:

Here's a fun game for @Orientalq. With 200 pieces produced, is this a cheap acronym jacket over priced at double Tilak's normal price for the evolution?

I agree that this is very well priced compared to typical Acronym, but it's still way more than the normal Evolution. Imo this more proof a GTX shell can be priced lower although this is more of a Tilak jacket than an Acronym one. Missing a lot of ACR's bells and whistles so I won't be picking one up. 

Edited by Orientalq

7 hours ago, WillKhitie said:

Dude, maybe they don't want to scale? Maybe they prefer to sell a handful of models, float inventory, and keep it hype/aspirational? Maybe E wants to pay everyone on the small team a living EUR wage. Maybe he just wants another car.

You wanna might wanna ask those first. It feels like you're pitching for a job/attention with unsolicited advice.

Do you go to a taqueria and ask what their stock volume is like to calculate the exact profit to determine whether a reasonable possibility of both a pricing and stock inefficiency in their current line up?

You talk with so much numerical pseudo-biz fluff yet lack the perspective to understand how any of it works. It's so frustrating. 

1) More J1A will still keep ACR in the hype realm as I addressed in the main post. It's like ACR's AF1. They can always find variations and innovations that will push the brand further rather than artificial scarcity.

2) Living EUR wage while having a factory in China where living costs are undoubtedly lower. 

3) Unsolicited? It's a fan forum. Everything is unsolicited except for advice. I'm presenting evidence based solutions because I like the brand and want it to improve. What does it have to do with whether you asked for it or not? Nobody is forcing you to read it. 

4) I'll go to the taqueria if it sells their goods at markups too high and stock too low by speaking to their staff. By running a business with inefficiencies, its squashing potential and hurting both consumers and employees.

5) Elaborate on lacking perspective. I have talked to people in the industry as well as sourced genuine customers to back my claims. I find your last paragraph disingenuous and superficially written at worst. 

19 hours ago, eidolarr said:

Has Acronym used the PU fabric in the past? Do you have to brush it to keep the nap? Site says:

this part of the copy could just dictate the production process for the material involved rather than the care process for the fabric

@Orientalq Honestly man this is tiring and despite all your “evidence” based arguments it’s not going to change the Acronym business model. The bottom line is put your money on the product if you like what you’re getting or don’t. Errolson and Michaela are not going to change their model just because you asked nicely. They’ve been fine before reps and they’ll be fine afterwards. If you have all this money saved to buy a shell but you won’t commit to ACR because it’s too expensive (but you still want it because you like it) then thats your personal predicament. No one but yourself will be able to make that decision.

You can either buy the real deal, buy a rep (like you brought up before) or just not buy anything.

This thread isn’t a customer suggestion inbox.

On 10/29/2020 at 2:58 PM, thatslapz said:

Have HBX support look into.  This has happened to me but they always clear it from their end and I have never had to pay fees or provide additional documentation.

Thanks for that note. Their staff was helpful and one of the deliveries was processed and delivered to me this morning without any additional issue. The 2nd package is still held up with FedEx, but HBX checked in with me again and said they submitted whatever was needed for that package too, so I'd imagine that will get resolved soon.

22 minutes ago, BRICK DOM said:

Can we all just stop engaging with him and interacting with him? I get the impression he’s a young guy and has this “woke” attitude that a lot of younger guys have (late teens, early 20s). 

The guy owns 1 acr piece that he bought second hand this year and he calls it the memecape or whatever. He clearly has no skin in this and will just keep going on ad nauseum. It’s been going on for 3 pages and i appreciate the users who just ignored him and continued discussing the usual.

1) Early 20s, don't get what you mean by woke attitude. This has literally nothing to do with woke ideology (Google the definition). Going straight for the character attacks, huh?

2) Memecape coined by Antwon and is special because it was a one off cape that steered away from traditional ACR items. 

3) I have skin in the game, own multiple Errolson pieces from ACG. I have money set away specifically for a jacket. Maybe speaking from the perspective of not being an owner clears me of J1Investment bias. 

4) Not ad nauseum if my points are sound and are tailored for responses to people.

5) Ignoring the issue isn't going to make it go away. I have yet to read anything meaningful from you, @BRICK DOM.

Edited by Orientalq

Something I've been thinking about a minute now, instigated by the ingredient list of HG1-PU: I wish Acronym would mix more natural "superfabrics" in, particularly linen and merino wool.

When my Manhattan apartment refused to lower the rent in April (lol) I moved out and have been digital nomading ever since. The "function and form" nature of this genre of clothing is incredibly useful for this lifestyle, because the garments are often very light, have specific utility, are durable, etc. Dyneema bags, windstopper jackets, shakedry slickers, and so on. but I learned long ago that at the end of the day, all these tech fabrics will become awful smelly if worn repeatedly, which is what you're gonna do if you're living out of a backpack. Goretex will delaminate. Meanwhile I've been rotating the same two merino tank tops, washing like once a month (by hand, in the shower, with shampoo), for the past six months. and my rosen linen pants resist odor better and are more breathable than encapsulated nylon, which I understand to be acronym's lightest fabric. It's why I haven't bought any of the DS shirts: I'm sure they smell awful by the end of day one.

Just another dimension of utility that I wish they'd explore. I'd buy the hell out of a merino wool J77 for my journeys.

EDIT: 

44 minutes ago, BRICK DOM said:

This entire exchange was not refreshing or useful or interesting or whatever the hell the goal is. I’m putting him on block but i hope that all you guys who are engaging with him see that it’s totally pointless. Nothing meaningful is coming from interacting with him imo

Can u really block people? How??

Edited by eidolarr

19 minutes ago, Orientalq said:

Account -> ignored users -> add to ignore list

Thank you for the only positive rep i will give you. 

I wish the evo jacket had waist packets would have clicked buy; but now just waiting for the j1b white to drop stateside and avoid paying calculated additional duties taxes due to laziness since o have the j1a2.2 +j58 combo set for most of my winter. 
~Lefty

Edited by LeftyJeenyus

8 minutes ago, wexler said:

I’ve done warm w/ Grangers double rinse no issue. Now back to fw20 or should we continue speculating acrnm’s business model?

Is WS durable enough to wear outdoors? Like would tree branches tear it up, etc. I know GTX 3L is thick enough for sure.

1 hour ago, Flipflop214 said:

From the consensus

Curious as to how much difference there is in treating the new nylon vs. the old cotton-based Epic fabrics? I've got a few ACR pieces that are Epic (but not 'encapsulated nylon') and they get the same cleaning cycle as any Stotz/Ventile/Supermarine piece.

I’ve only had this P36–E for a day but I can already tell that it’ll be more machine washable than the unblended cotton ver.  There’s no fade as well, at least I can’t tell.  Unlike epic and ventile where you can see an immediate change (fade) to the fabric after a wash (even hand washing it). 
I only spot clean regular cotton epic and ventile. I only wash em if I really have to.  

2 minutes ago, Flipflop214 said:

I’ve only had this P36–E for a day but I can already tell that it’ll be more machine washable than the unblended cotton ver.  There’s no fade as well, at least I can’t tell.  Unlike epic and ventile where you can see an immediate change (fade) to the fabric after a wash (even hand washing it). 
I only spot clean regular cotton epic and ventile. I only wash em if I really have to.  

I followed tag directions on my P10a-E’s. Washed em 2-3 times with heavy wear in between and saw no real noticeable difference in the fit and finish overall

2 hours ago, Tilore said:

Ssense dropped if people were looking for RAF 68 still 

Able to get a slightly better idea of Alpha and Raf WS vs DS hues as too

Slightly more expensive than Haven :(  - But yeah, seems like they hardly got any stock - 2/3 of every size roughly

Does anyone own RAF in all the diff materials and can do a side-by-side colour comparison of them all?

Edited by jasonlao

23 minutes ago, Flipflop214 said:

How does it react to abrasions? 

Better or equal to the 2018 and forward DS imo

which is to say- fucking great

Edited by brainerd666

I wash all my non GT acrnm with regular cycle and powdered detergent, grangers would be too luxurious 

I’ve washed my p10a-e and p34-e more than 10 times each, still look brand new