Acronym.

Westbrook

On 5/12/2020 at 9:23 AM, Rough Sleeper said:

I don't think this is fair comparison. Errolson just got greedy after seeing resale prices. Now hype is slowly dying and items are starting to sit on shelves. He can sell J1A, J36, J28, P10 forever, but people really 100% like what brand is doing now? Shit's got too lazy and too expensive at the same time. There will be always hardcore fans who will support the brand no matter what, just like with Visvim and I don't think Errolson will starve any time soon, but on the other hand it was worth it? Maybe he should've stopped at some point and put more effort into the brand instead of lying to customers about European salaries, moving production to China, new features etc? Acronym magic is gone for me, and maybe i'm not the only one:

551214013_ScreenShot2020-05-12at19_00_12.png.e5e3948acb8a871aad8c206d3ab2d8d4.png

On 10/26/2020 at 7:07 AM, hentaiyarou69 said:

> Made In China

Did they move production to China now? Or is it just the J68? (and possibly the P31, explaining the price)

On 9/22/2020 at 8:20 AM, Cornuto said:

Honestly, I kinda hate nylon. Certainly not at ACRNM price points.

On 9/18/2020 at 11:32 AM, eidolarr said:

Some laptops listed here: https://acrnm.com/products/RMT01_NA

Might be the least price-inflated item on the store right now :^)

On 9/14/2020 at 4:22 PM, IzunaK said:

I'm new to buying ACR gear, but jesus christ that is one hell of a price bump.

On 9/10/2020 at 7:30 AM, Inkinsurgent said:

reading this thread's first post and seeing "prices keep going up" in 2007 got a chuckle out of me.

On 9/14/2020 at 4:20 PM, bboysparrow said:

For reference...here's what I paid for my J48-SS five years ago.

J48-SS.PNG

On 5/12/2020 at 11:13 AM, dreamboatjustsoul said:

It is quite a common trend that brands put 1-3k retail to expecting sale on 50% off. $1-2k for a jacket is stratospheric retail price for a designer brands. But E doesn't do sale (blatantly)

Greed is endemic in fashion, which is sad.

On 5/13/2020 at 9:36 AM, Rough Sleeper said:

I never questioned financial transparency of a company in the first place, I simply stated that I don't like his pricing strategy and that Errolson contradicts himself with his statements regarding price increase. I don't have a degree in finance, I just wanted to speculate on the future of the brand and vent my frustration.

I just checked 13 online shops that carry ACR from acrnm to coevo and (pretty much) everyone still has all sizes of J1L-GT which is ridiculous if you think that most shops buy pretty small amount of items. It may be COVID or may be what I said in previous post, we will see in the future, but I don't think that Errolson will back out of his decision.

On 5/13/2020 at 1:07 AM, Rough Sleeper said:

So what do you want to say? As a brand admirer I can't have opinion on the brand or Errolson and post it here? I understand that this is not the best place to have that kind of discussion because most people here are hardcore acronym fans and will buy canned tuna for 250EUR if it will have ACRONYM logo on it. But lets be real, my first acr purchase was J27GT and I paid 655 pounds, now it's 1736EUR, what changed since? Production in China costs more? It is made from next-level-nasa-approved fabric? The pattern is now 100 times more complex? Hyperinflation? Nothing changed apart Errolson's appetite and hype surrounding the brand (they even stopped producing dope seasonal videos). And to make things worse, they don't come up with anything good nowadays, take SS20 for example: J82-WS, J1L-GT J84-S, P35-DS all are laughable, nobody would eat up this shit if it wasn't Acronym. Yeah, P10-DS are amazing, but they were designed by Schneider, not Errolson. C1-AM? That shit was released 13 years ago. 

Whatever guys, I see you have more fun bragging about reviewing expensive cars, digging someones old tweets, talking about quality roast material (lmao) and downvoting me for having different opinions. Nothing to discuss here.

And I'll quote one of my own here that has some positive rep and sums my idea up

On 5/13/2020 at 10:55 AM, Orientalq said:

LOL you missed the point of the post. I'm arguing that just because you don't work at a company doesn't mean you can't criticize its pricing practices. What does that have to do with the net worth of Errolson and Bezos? You think that because Amazon is publically traded that we know jack shit about what their corporate strategies are?

"Well guys we don't know how ACR works so let's just keep buying overpriced Jackets cuz it's cool, nothing to see here~" serves no one any good. No one is claiming to know for certain how much cash Errolson is pocketing from each jacket sold. Speculation is how you make a decision as to whether the consumer is being fleeced. Sorry we don't have parents who have bottomless wallets. 

Calm down with your character attacks. Being a pro "roaster" for "swag" points doesn't mean anything for an argument. If anything it says more about your own insecurities, "brainerd666".

(oh hey, It was a response to you, Brainerd!)

1 minute ago, brainerd666 said:

Denounce but you bring them up like it’s some rationale for being broke

Did E cockblock you at the soda fountain or some shit?

No, I like E, don't like his pricing. That's it. I have savings but I'm not dumping it all for a 1.5k shell (yet). I bring up reps because it proves (not completely but it's a point) there's a misguided perception as to the pricing of ACR. Are reps voldemort? Even E accepts that they exist and are the problem with the fashion industry. But to say my point is moot because "reps are bad" is a little too far.  

3 minutes ago, AvantSol said:

Wait  @Orientalq do you not own any Acronym?

I own the meme cape. Looking to buy a shell in the future. I like ACR design so I mostly lurk here for news/updates. Pricing has been a pretty big obstacle tho.

edit: also if it counts I own ACG (Errol era) shells and pants (because Nike can run a business)

Edited by Orientalq

I see. It seems to me you want some justification for paying for less for a rep that is 'equal' in quality to actual Acronym pieces. If acronym is currently out of your reach financially maybe you shouldn't be overly vocal on things you don't know about, eh? Such as construction, pricing, quality, iterative changes etc especially if you haven't tried it on hand to understand these things. And pricing complaints have been a thing since the very beginning of acr and that isn't gonna change going forward. No point trying to justify paying for what at the end of the day is fashion which is just a luxury. 

2 minutes ago, AvantSol said:

I see. It seems to me you want some justification for paying for less for a rep that is 'equal' in quality to actual Acronym pieces. If acronym is currently out of your reach financially maybe you shouldn't be overly vocal on things you don't know about, eh? Such as construction, pricing, quality, iterative changes etc especially if you haven't tried it on hand to understand these things. And pricing complaints have been a thing since the very beginning of acr and that isn't gonna change going forward. No point trying to justify paying for what at the end of the day is fashion which is just a luxury. 

Yeah pretty much. Maybe it's the Asian financial discipline in me that's holding me back from pulling the trigger. I have money set aside for a shell so it's not exactly out of reach but at the same time, I don't want to incentivize E's price hikes by buying an overpriced good. I won't buy a rep for obvious reasons but if its success convinces E to change then I might be more open to buying retail. Such a shame all the proof of concept in ACR is being locked away behind a price floor. If he still sold a J1A for 1400 (which he 100% still makes money on) I would have one in my hand right now. 

21 minutes ago, Orientalq said:

Yeah pretty much. Maybe it's the Asian financial discipline in me that's holding me back from pulling the trigger. I have money set aside for a shell so it's not exactly out of reach but at the same time, I don't want to incentivize E's price hikes by buying an overpriced good. I won't buy a rep for obvious reasons but if its success convinces E to change then I might be more open to buying retail. Such a shame all the proof of concept in ACR is being locked away behind a price floor. If he still sold a J1A for 1400 (which he 100% still makes money on) I would have one in my hand right now. 

Why would he lower the costs of J1A when it sells out at its current price point anyway?

At the end of the day, it's fine if you don't want to "incentivize E's price hikes". However, if you're really struggling to justify spending disposable income or going a little over the budget that you have, maybe ACRONYM isn't the right brand for you.

If you want a shell, you can buy one from anywhere. If you want an ACRONYM shell, why does it have to be the most hyped/iconic style? You can get other ACRONYM shells for the budget that you have or other brands for a lot lower.

Edited by jasonlao

27 minutes ago, jasonlao said:

Why would he lower the costs of J1A when it sells out at its current price point anyway?

The same reason any company lowers prices. It sells out because (hint hint) the stock is super low (someone who knows umites personally told me this). E isn't lowering either because 1) he's saving face from when he tried justifying price hikes using half-lies or 2) he's trying to generate hype the same way Supreme does (I hate this so much).  Raise stock => less cost => lower prices => more stock sold and thus more total profit. Unless you're telling me ACR is dying so badly he needs to hike prices to gouge enthusiasts to save the brand. I doubt this given that he drives a McLaren.

As I said earlier, I have enough for whatever jacket he's making. He just needs to prove to me it's worth the price tag (either by quality, materials, design, or all of the above). I bought the CP4 because it was a unique design that did not have a competitive alternative. I'll be happy to do the same for a shell. That or if he lowered prices, which you said is unlikely. 

I like ACR for its design, gimmicks, and details. Not so much for exclusivity and branding (worst parts about fashion today IMO). 

BTW @AvantSol my friend has a J1A 2.2, which is why I'm familiar with the quality. It's def a grail jacket but not worth the 2k price tag IMO. 

Edited by Orientalq

0D1BE98E-E990-4C82-B382-D2C272DE0C57.jpeg.095c1c5617c36cdc24769fd2d3ccf75c.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Orientalq said:

The same reason any company lowers prices. It sells out because (hint hint) the stock is super low (someone who knows personally umites told me this). E isn't lowering either because 1) he's saving face from when he tried justifying price hikes using half-lies or 2) he's trying to generate hype the same way Supreme does (I hate this so much).  Raise stock => less cost => lower prices => more stock sold and thus more total profit. Unless you're telling me ACR is dying so badly he needs to hike prices to gouge enthusiasts to save the brand. I doubt this given that he drives a McLaren.

As I said earlier, I have enough for whatever jacket he's making. He just needs to prove to me it's worth the price tag (either by quality, materials, design, or all of the above). I bought the CP4 because it was a unique design that did not have a competitive alternative. I'll be happy to do the same for a shell. That or if he lowered prices, which you said is unlikely. 

I like ACR for its design, gimmicks, and details. Not so much for exclusivity and branding (worst parts about fashion today IMO). 

BTW @AvantSol my friend has a J1A 2.2, which is why I'm familiar with the quality. It's def a grail jacket but not worth the 2k price tag IMO. 

20 minutes ago, Orientalq said:

The same reason any company lowers prices. It sells out because (hint hint) the stock is super low (someone who knows personally umites told me this). E isn't lowering either because 1) he's saving face from when he tried justifying price hikes using half-lies or 2) he's trying to generate hype the same way Supreme does (I hate this so much).  Raise stock => less cost => lower prices => more stock sold and thus more total profit. Unless you're telling me ACR is dying so badly he needs to hike prices to gouge enthusiasts to save the brand. I doubt this given that he drives a McLaren.

He doesn't need to prove shit to you and you will never understand with that thick skull of yours. He has proven that his timeless designs are worth it over the past 15 years. The quality, materials, and design are all great.

The true worth of an ACRONYM piece is subjective, and you'll never know unless you give it a shot. But don't knock on the materials, quality, or design if you haven't owned one yourself. Just because your friend owns one doesn't mean anything. His experience with a piece is not guaranteed to be the same experience that you will have.

If you don't think it's worth it, then stop talking about the J1A price / lack of unique design / lack of quality or materials and go cop Riot Division or something

Edited by jasonlao

12 hours ago, hentaiyarou69 said:

On the topic of sizing, 5'10 75kg, size M for both J68 and P31

J68 is a bit roomy (could fit a Acronym x COEVO hoodie inside) but fits well 

PXL_20201031_162530297.MP~2.jpg

goddamn making me regret raf p31a 

24 minutes ago, jasonlao said:

He doesn't need to prove shit to you 

with that thick skull of yours. 

"need" is used here in a conditional sense, not a "HE MUST DO THIS OR ELSE" kind of way, sorry if it came out wrong. Calling me stubborn despite having explained my case AND responding to yours with a sound argument is not working here. 

I agree with the design, materials, etc. It's timeless, no doubt. Compared to Arcteryx (or even tilak)? Harder to prove especially with the huge gap despite the materials and basic functionality. " gimmick"(not just my words) aspects like Ezip and Gpockets have rare use cases and are not 100% provable to be worth said price gap. 

It's especially because ACR experience is so varied that I have doubts over its value. I own a CP4, it's cool and as gimmicky as other pieces and the quality is fine. Of course, the J1A and CP4 are different animals but having seen and felt a J1A first hand it doesn't really "beat", so to speak, other pieces like Arcteryx or ACG by that big of a margin. That plus the "investor bias" that happens due to the jackets being so expensive being taken into consideration makes the case even harder to prove. 

I don't need to buy Riot Division when ACG exists/existed. I'm just making my voice heard that there are people like me (whether you believe me or not is up to you) that are willing to buy ACR at the right price or value.

Edited by Orientalq