Acronym.

Westbrook

Acronym x Tilak evolution jacket arrived this morning. It came with a small booklet with pictures of the jacket.

I had never worn Tilak before. Before Acronym, I was mostly wearing Arcteryx (about a decade ago or more?) and this evolution jacket felt a lot like the Arcteryx's flagship Alpha SV jacket. When worn it feels really like a true blue mountaineering piece where every design element is completely utilitarian and not just for the looks. When zipped up all the way the lower half of the face is sheltered the same way as the SV jacket, which is very comfortable. I love the velcro mechanics on the cuffs, its really convenient and easy to use.

I wore Acronym size S, and this jacket in size S fits me perfectly. I will keep it :)

Edited by skycrawler

16 hours ago, BruceLeroy said:

Should we be expecting the J1B-GT Monday? I saw a launch date somewhere for November 16th, but not sure that applies to the mother site. 

Hotoveli had release dates for everthing pre drop 1, J1B was Nov 16th, but it looks like it's possibly been pushed back to November 23rd, now. 

5 hours ago, skycrawler said:

Acronym x Tilak evolution jacket arrived this morning. It came with a small booklet with pictures of the jacket.

I had never worn Tilak before. Before Acronym, I was mostly wearing Arcteryx (about a decade ago or more?) and this evolution jacket felt a lot like the Arcteryx's flagship Alpha SV jacket. When worn it feels really like a true blue mountaineering piece where every design element is completely utilitarian and not just for the looks. When zipped up all the way the lower half of the face is sheltered the same way as the SV jacket, which is very comfortable. I love the velcro mechanics on the cuffs, its really convenient and easy to use.

I wore Acronym size S, and this jacket in size S fits me perfectly. I will keep it :)

Could you post photos showing it off? I know it's not an insanely aggressive-looking piece, but I'd still love some photos of it in use! :) 

Edited by nathan_

J68-PL-MULTI arrived. unsure if the novelty of the colour blocking will wear off but I can immediately see myself getting a lot of wear out of this jacket. as discussed above, the Alpha Green is much more of a grey-green than the (true?) colour of the P10s. I was kind of expecting that from the photos though.  

I went for Large which is my standard size in everything (the P34-S I'm wearing here are one of the few items I own in medium) and I've got just enough room for a shirt and / or light sweater underneath. sleeve length and shoulders feel just right (I'm not so into Errolson's super-profile-toight fit from product shots) . I'm 188cm and fluctuate around 80-85kgs depending on how much i'm cycling for reference.

P31 RAF arriving today...

LEGOACRNM.png

LEGOACRNM2.png

3 hours ago, eyesolation said:

also, here's the difference of the P10A-E alpha green vs the J68 alpha green. the pants have a way stronger green tint in them and the jacket appears more beige-ish next to it.

Photo 2020-10-30 16 03 44.jpg

I'd kinda like to see how that works as a fit, getting nice lunar vibes from that combo.

1 hour ago, mikon_nikon said:

J68-PL-MULTI arrived. unsure if the novelty of the colour blocking will wear off but I can immediately see myself getting a lot of wear out of this jacket. as discussed above, the Alpha Green is much more of a grey-green than the (true?) colour of the P10s. I was kind of expecting that from the photos though.  

I went for Large which is my standard size in everything (the P34-S I'm wearing here are one of the few items I own in medium) and I've got just enough room for a shirt and / or light sweater underneath. sleeve length and shoulders feel just right (I'm not so into Errolson's super-profile-toight fit from product shots) . I'm 188cm and fluctuate around 80-85kgs depending on how much i'm cycling for reference.

P31 RAF arriving today..

Looks good on you mate. I prefer some roominess to the fit as well.

I think it was @brainerd666 who said papa bear should size up from Medium in the photoshoots and I'd have to agree. Just looks too constricting for his karate moves. Speaking of which, it's high time we got a new Acronymjutsu video. 

I am 184cm (Almost 6.1? ft) and 165 Pound (Pretty big upper body and Arms)

I am wearing

Jacket J68-PL - Lagre

Pants P31A-DS - Medium

It goes without saying that the jacket is really cool. The details are really good, and it's also light and warm. Most of the size I wear all jackets L. However, For J78-ws, I wear an M.

Also, I am a little worried about my pants. Considering size down to S and do it with a crop style like Notre Styling, or wear M as it is. Overall, the pants feel relaxed to me, so it feels similar to the P30A If I wear size M as this pick and loose hooked on the waist.

and it looks like straight pants but it is really short. 

IMG_2738.thumb.jpeg.52289ad599fa2f1b823dbf08ada1016b.jpeg

I really like the fit of mine in M. It sits all the way down, without too much stacking at the ankle. Enough room for my larger calves as well. 

Kinda feels more like a straight style pant vs more relaxed. Normally I wear slim or skinny cut pants depending on my mood, but this has a really nice feel and look. 

Still debating on getting the J68 since there’s some Alpha Green left. Not sure if sizing up is a good idea, or if I should stick with a large. 

Edited by IzunaK

Not one for IP theft but news is that a stone island replica manufacturer is going to make the J1A-GTKP and sell it for $360~ next year. Apparently that guy's stone island replicas are pretty on point, like 9.5/10 retail. The biggest news is that it's going to be using real gore-tex... don't shoot the messenger, I don't condone this shit. Just that if he makes it as well as he says he will, the pricetag on ACR is going to be a lot harder to justify....

edit: of course I get negrep lol, but dw im already -40 rep so i have nothing more to lose 

Edited by Orientalq

10 hours ago, Orientalq said:

Not one for IP theft but news is that a stone island replica manufacturer is going to make the J1A-GTKP and sell it for $360~ next year. Apparently that guy's stone island replicas are pretty on point, like 9.5/10 retail. The biggest news is that it's going to be using real gore-tex... don't shoot the messenger, I don't condone this shit. Just that if he makes it as well as he says he will, the pricetag on ACR is going to be a lot harder to justify....

edit: of course I get negrep lol, but dw im already -40 rep so i have nothing more to lose 

Not one for IP theft but [here's some IP theft news]... 

With respect, this is kinda like going to an art dealers and telling the people there that there's some guy down the road that will do a half decent copy for a fraction of the cost. People are here because they buy into the whole Acrnm deal, and they want the real deal. Maybe you'd be better posting something like that on the Fakronym thread or somewhere where people aren't quite as invested in whether they are purchasing an original or not.  

Edited by Dolphinski

6 hours ago, Dolphinski said:

Not one for IP theft but [here's some IP theft news]... 

With respect, this is kinda like going to an art dealers and telling the people there that there's some guy down the road that will do a half decent copy for a fraction of the cost. People are here because they buy into the whole Acrnm deal, and they want the real deal. Maybe you'd be better posting something like that on the Fakronym thread or somewhere where people aren't quite as invested in whether they are purchasing an original or not.  

Sharing news =/= endorsement, i.e CNN publishing scandal of politician X does not mean they endorse that politician

I did not link anything that would lead anyone to buying said fake items. AKA I'm saying that there is a guy selling a copy of the painting but not saying WHERE. Like not publishing the name of a mass shooter. Big difference. If you bought into the ACR deal, you would definitely want to know if there were convincing fakes out on the market, especially if you want to avoid getting one yourself. As I said, don't shoot the messenger. Doesn't get simpler than that. I said why the news is relevant and why I don't endorse it. Superfuture isn't about circlejerking to the best things about everything. It goes both ways, as a big problem with ACR has been price as of late. Critique is one way of showing what we want and don't want from a brand. Errol browses this, doesn't he? 

Also pic related is Errolson's message to said fake maker, who in turn says he'll be cancelling his ACR reps. 

Pretty relevant to me.

Untitled.png

6 hours ago, agentbuca said:

Anyone noticed any sleeve wear on their J68 just above the zipper tab? Only worn mine for 15mins to shops so can't work out if it was like this when delivered, would be interested to see if it's an isolated case or not. Only minor but pretty annoying.

https://imgur.com/Q98MmQm

No wear yet but I'm noticing the following after getting some drops of water on the sleeves... I've never owned a windstopper before and hoping that this is just a windstopper thing hmm.. 

PXL_20201031_230650409.MP.jpg

2 hours ago, beepy said:

Problem was your post read as a pitch, not a warning. A “Hey, look out - this guy who makes near exact replicas is planning to make a j1a out of actual goretex next year.” in the fakronym thread would probably have been well received.

My main point was being that if someone could produce a decent J1A for under 360 (which was the supposed SALE price, meaning it would cost even less to make), the pricing of ACR would be hard to justify. Many of the people on this board who were and are brand enthusiasts have certainly voiced their concerns over Acronymflation. There was a consensus for SOME that because ACR had 'extremely delicate weave patterns' or whatever, the pricing was justified when in reality the cost of production from a replica maker (who also needs to spend considerable R&D vs. ACR having over 10 years of making the same thing with little tweaks) can do it for over a fraction of the price. At that point, you really have to scrutinize the pricing model. This applies especially for rereleases with literally 0 changes but a huge price hike.  It's as if Toyota remade the same car and charged +40% of its original asking price. You would have to ask the question WHY, even if you were a diehard Toyota fan. IMO it's as important of a topic as ever to discuss until ACR does make changes to their post-hype and post-nike pricing.

Don't get mad at people talking about prices, get mad at E. He's the one pricing the goods. We'll stop the moment he releases a gtx jacket actually worth 1.5k or priced fairly.