Acronym.

Westbrook

35 minutes ago, markdjr said:

I just got a pair of P24-S, anyone remove the pocket flaps?  Seems like they will come off easy and I'm not seeing much utility to them.  

What size are they?

6 hours ago, omgitsu said:

have there been any leaks on what, if anything will get restocked this season?
I'm still holding out hope that since the J1A-GT is still on the site it's gonna get a restock at some point...

i don't know why you received a ton of neg rep for asking an innocent question but to answer your question nobody knows.

all we know so far is there's another drop for j1b, j68-pl, some pants for not just the mothersite but across retailers as well. 

as for restocks of j1a-gt, these just might happen out of the blue as in the past. 

i do remember someone on this thread saying awhile back that chinese production is over, so who knows? maybe no restock at all.

Hey guys, I hope you feel good at this time. Got a question for long time Acronym enthusiasts. Right now I'm trying to understand what piece should be my next goal. Already asked for advice from a couple pal's that could be on this forum, but thought that asking a bigger audience would be a plus. Just need guidance in my path of exploration of brand. So here is a list of what I got in my closet. 

Jackets Pants Accessories
J1TS-S P22-S NG7-PS
J58-WS P23TS-S 3A-3TS
J59TS-CH P23A-S  
J61-GT P24A-DS  
J62-PB P25-DS  
J63A-FO P27H-DS  
J68-WS P30A-DS  
J84-S P33-DS  
J16-GT    
CP2-SS    

Slim stuff is definitely not for my body type(5'7 and 85kg with strong torso and hips). Had real trouble with P10, they look like leggings on my legs. And not looking for just Acronym label on item (like H5-AJ). Soooo with all of this, I would love to hear your suggestions about what should I try to get as the next piece. (I would love to have a list with pictures of all Acronym items that were created, so I could figure out the answer on that question by myself lol). Thank you in advance! <3

40 minutes ago, Inkinsurgent said:

How about just getting to know the brand and how people style it and then picking up a piece that speaks to you and integrates well into your wardrobe? It's clothes, not a 401k plan.

That's kinda what I'm doing/asking, just tried to give some context of where I am right now in terms of exploration. I'm sorry if you thought that I'm flexing, that never was my intention(or dunno what the deal with 401k plan)

@lehadrakon, i am a similar situation with pants. i'd recommend adding p36 and p31 if you're hankering for another pair of pants. p31 are a more tapered version of the p33. though honestly, like ink's said, take it easy. check BSTs and the mothersite and just get what you think fits as and when.

for accessories, it is hard for us to help you without understanding your usual carrying capacity and distance, etc. so it's sort of hard to answer since alot of it depends on needs/preferences. but if you're looking for something bigger than the 3ts, i cannot recommend the 3a-5 highly enough. perfect for a 15inch laptop and enough carrying capacity for me when i cycle to work. fits a change of clothing + files 

6 hours ago, lehadrakon said:

Hey guys, I hope you feel good at this time. Got a question for long time Acronym enthusiasts. Right now I'm trying to understand what piece should be my next goal. Already asked for advice from a couple pal's that could be on this forum, but thought that asking a bigger audience would be a plus. Just need guidance in my path of exploration of brand. So here is a list of what I got in my closet. 

It really depends on what your goals are, which you have not shared, so it makes it difficult for people to help you. You mentioned "exploration," -- is that your end goal? to taste all the different flavors of ACR? If that's the case, you could focus on pieces utilizing: 

• different fabrics (e.g. seems like you have no -CH pants)
  • silhouettes/fit blocks 
  • different solutions to similar problems (e.g. what's the best pocket organization for my use-case?)

And are there things you're dissatisfied with in your current pieces? certain (social/climate) situation that a garment doesn't address (e.g. would you feel comfortable wearing what you have to a wedding? to an office? to a board meeting? to the tropics? to deep winter?).

Not that you have to cover anything and everything with ACR, but these are some questions you should ask yourself to figure out what your "needs" are, and then people will be better equipped to help.

6 hours ago, lehadrakon said:

J1TS-S P22-S NG7-PS
J58-WS P23TS-S 3A-3TS
J59TS-CH P23A-S  
J61-GT P24A-DS  
J62-PB P25-DS  
J63A-FO P27H-DS  
J68-WS P30A-DS  
J84-S P33-DS  
J16-GT    
CP2-SS    

You have enough jackets. You have enough pants. Acronym mainly sells jackets and pants. Replace if you ever wear anything out. 

I mean, apart from the glaring omissions of a J1A-GT and 3A-1. Like, what are you even thinking?

On 9/28/2020 at 3:27 AM, lehadrakon said:

J1TS-S P22-S NG7-PS
J58-WS P23TS-S 3A-3TS
J59TS-CH P23A-S  
J61-GT P24A-DS  
J62-PB P25-DS  
J63A-FO P27H-DS  
J68-WS P30A-DS  
J84-S P33-DS  
J16-GT    
CP2-SS    

Slim stuff is definitely not for my body type(5'7 and 85kg with strong torso and hips). Had real trouble with P10, they look like leggings on my legs. And not looking for just Acronym label on item (like H5-AJ). Soooo with all of this, I would love to hear your suggestions about what should I try to get as the next piece. (I would love to have a list with pictures of all Acronym items that were created, so I could figure out the answer on that question by myself lol). Thank you in advance! <3

I think any of the following items would be great additions:

j47-gt, j57ts-ss, j79-gt, j1a-gt 2.0, s8-ds, p10ts-ds. 

by pure coincidence I actually have all of these items for sale in your size. let me know

Since that roast nuked this thread into fallout, let's change topics.

I want a durable jacket that will last me a long time. A buy-it-for-life sort of thing since E is all about that (((sustainability))) nowadays. The question is, what fabric should I choose? 

The main four fabrics that are durable used on ACR jackets are 3L Gore-Tex (J47), Stotz Etaproof (J36-S), HD Cotton (J84), and Encapsulated Nylon (J33)

For GTX I know that it's made of plastic material that can block water and is used for many outdoor jackets. The only problem I can see is delamination over time, which will cause the layers to grind against one another as the jacket is worn. Apparently, you can't really do anything about that without paying a huge price. Can Gore-tex be vintage?

I don't know much about Stotz other than its swiss origin and is woven with really long fibers. What are the possible long-term implications of owning a jacket (which is prone to rough contact) made in cotton? Is there any research out there comparing the durability of Stotz, HD Cotton, and Encapsulated Nylon? Or are there better materials out there that ACR doesn't use like Polartec?

33 minutes ago, Orientalq said:

Since that roast nuked this thread into fallout, let's change topics.

I want a durable jacket that will last me a long time. A buy-it-for-life sort of thing since E is all about that (((sustainability))) nowadays. The question is, what fabric should I choose? 

The main four fabrics that are durable used on ACR jackets are 3L Gore-Tex (J47), Stotz Etaproof (J36-S), HD Cotton (J84), and Encapsulated Nylon (J33)

For GTX I know that it's made of plastic material that can block water and is used for many outdoor jackets. The only problem I can see is delamination over time, which will cause the layers to grind against one another as the jacket is worn. Apparently, you can't really do anything about that without paying a huge price. Can Gore-tex be vintage?

I don't know much about Stotz other than its swiss origin and is woven with really long fibers. What are the possible long-term implications of owning a jacket (which is prone to rough contact) made in cotton? Is there any research out there comparing the durability of Stotz, HD Cotton, and Encapsulated Nylon? Or are there better materials out there that ACR doesn't use like Polartec?

Great topic made by @CARLOOA here. Weigh your pros and cons for each fabric and see which one works best for you. I personally try to avoid Stotz jackets because I personally don't like the patina.

53 minutes ago, jasonlao said:

Great topic made by @CARLOOA here. Weigh your pros and cons for each fabric and see which one works best for you. I personally try to avoid Stotz jackets because I personally don't like the patina.

Thanks for the link, but it's a bit outdated as it doesn't include Encapsulated Nylon or HD Cotton. What is the difference between HD Cotton and Stotz in terms of performance anyway?

over long periods of time stotz will fade and discolor. to some, this is part of the appeal, but others dislike it. gore-tex, if cared for properly, will last a very long time, but when it fails due to delamination it fails catastrophically. epic nylon does not discolor nor does it delaminate, but is prone to pilling when it comes into contact with pack straps. 

personally i would be less concerned with long term durability and focus on what you expect performance wise: gore-tex is actually waterproof but synthetic-y, stotz looks natural but not waterproof, epic nylon is super comfortable to wear and quite breathable but not waterproof.

The other thing to take into consideration is maintenance. GTX/SS/DS (basically anything with a membrane/layers) must be washed regularly. If you don't delam sets in much quicker. Stotz you don't have to worry about.

6 hours ago, Orientalq said:

Thanks for the link, but it's a bit outdated as it doesn't include Encapsulated Nylon or HD Cotton. What is the difference between HD Cotton and Stotz in terms of performance anyway?

The hd cotton is made by stotz. They're basically the same but with a different texture.