Acronym.

Westbrook

1 minute ago, denimjeans said:

quick question for fellow size S/XS pants’ wearers: do you notice the waistband tends to give/loosen a little while wearing throughout the day? just picked up a pair of P25’s and while the site sizing suggests it fits a 30 (which is my size), I find there’s still a little room between my waist and the fabric after cinching as far as possible, and while walking around in them the mechanism holding the waistband in its place tends to loosen a little. I’m assuming this is due to the amount of waistband material provided in the first place. It’s not a huge deal-breaker, I can still comfortably wear them, but it does make me wish it was also made in XS or that belt loops were included; I’ve found I can “add” a bit more to my waist by tucking in a shirt while wearing these pants, and this definitely makes me rethink what size I should be going for next time more waistband-only pants release. would love to hear how other people my size deal with this! (alternatively I could just put on more weight so it fits better)

The thing with the Ultrawide pants is that you should sizing by height, not by waist size. Ultimately, waist for the most part (emphasis on "for the most part") is fairly negligible because of that drawcord mechanism (for reference: I'm traditionally a size S (30 waist) but my ultrawide size is M because I am 5'10". Anecdotally, I haven't had any problems with in terms of my P30A loosening, but I think it also uses a different buckle for the drawcords.

10 minutes ago, Zeocrymer said:

The thing with the Ultrawide pants is that you should sizing by height, not by waist size. Ultimately, waist for the most part (emphasis on "for the most part") is fairly negligible because of that drawcord mechanism (for reference: I'm traditionally a size S (30 waist) but my ultrawide size is M because I am 5'10". Anecdotally, I haven't had any problems with in terms of my P30A loosening, but I think it also uses a different buckle for the drawcords.

thanks for the input! and yea, the length is actually not an issue for me either despite being 5’6 (I thought it would be a lot more drastic given the measurements, and if i went with M the legs would be dragging on the floor); I like the drape of it on my body and the shape is perfect! I guess I’ll have to give it a few more weartests to see if the loosening is more common because, ultimately, I want to avoid having to constantly adjust the waist throughout the day. 

4 minutes ago, scamster said:

@denimjeans never had these but there was some chatter about the p25-ds concerning how they loosen while walking on page 406, some solutions posted there.

dude thank you!! I usually look through this thread for advice on sizing and whatnot before posting/asking friends, must’ve glossed over that page! this is exactly the gripe I have with them and the solutions posted here are exactly what I need. Bless u!!

HTS codes for 3A bags? 

After searching through the thread it seems that most HTS codes shared are understandably for pants and jackets.

-update-

After digging around, it looked like some have used 4202.22.40.30 as the HTS code (from a previous 3A-1 foil release

Halved my duty fees

Edited by jeddyhsu

annoyingly one of the chrome Recon 'R3' hinge inserts fell off my R3 frames. it's nowhere to be found so i'm trying to find a suitable fix / hack.
i've spoken to a couple of frame makers where I live, and also contacted Acronym - who in turn put me in touch with Made In The Light (MITL produced the SS19 Acronym frames) - and every time I get one of two answers:

either I'm met with a puzzling look and a verbal response along the lines of "why does it matter, they still function" - valid, I guess.
or told that the job is too specific and requires a bespoke press and trim mold.

anyone on here have any info about who produced the frames (I know they were made in Japan, but don't know the company who produced them)? or any suggestions on how to approach fixing them? i was planning to ask a local silver smith if it's something they might be able to help with... i'm approaching the point where any additional effort trying to restore them feels futile (or at least too high an investment of time), but my obsessive attention to detail really would enjoy finding a solution. B)

QR9g5vY.jpg

Edited by mikon_nikon

On 6/23/2020 at 6:25 PM, a_username_for_superfuture said:

So my 3a-1 arrived today, direct from Acronym.

I noticed that the plastic bag is came in doesn't have the red stripe, and the box it shipped in wasn't in the best condiftion.

Am I just being overly paranoid or can the plastic bag not have the stripe?

Thanks.

you're worried acrnm.com sent you a fake bag?
great 2nd post my guy

20 hours ago, moneytalks said:

you're worried acrnm.com sent you a fake bag?
great 2nd post my guy

Glad you promote such a welcoming environment :) Definitely feel more inclined to post now. We could be best friends!

No accusations against Acronym. Just paranoia of the delivery pathway.

The J36 I got before arrived without issue, box was in good condition, just with the acronym tape sealing it.

The 3a-1's box was a bit battered, had UPS tape poorly applied to it in places, and just didn't look cared for, and then no stripe on the plastic bag.

So my paranoid mind got the better of me, and I thought, maybe, possibly, the real item could have been replaced with a fake.

I just thought I'd ask here, assuming there would be no harm in it.

My 3a-2 box arrived pretty fucked as well but you do understand that we are in the middle of a global pandemic right? As in there's an unprecedented amount of shipping going on right now because people aren't going out. All shipping carriers are fucked with packages.

I mean you thought that someone intercepted your 3a-1 and somehow replaced it with a 3a-1 replica? And they forgot the red stripe on the bag when replacing your replica lmao ... 

IMG_20200617_114235.jpg

7 hours ago, a_username_for_superfuture said:

Glad you promote such a welcoming environment :) Definitely feel more inclined to post now. We could be best friends!

thanks for the passive aggression, but you still the type guy who buys mcnuggets from mcdonalds and cries about how it doesn't taste like chicken

On 6/25/2020 at 3:38 AM, a_username_for_superfuture said:

No accusations against Acronym. Just paranoia of the delivery pathway.

The J36 I got before arrived without issue, box was in good condition, just with the acronym tape sealing it.

The 3a-1's box was a bit battered, had UPS tape poorly applied to it in places, and just didn't look cared for, and then no stripe on the plastic bag.

So my paranoid mind got the better of me, and I thought, maybe, possibly, the real item could have been replaced with a fake.

I just thought I'd ask here, assuming there would be no harm in it.

lmao. 

Edited by originalprogram
privatizing posts.

I'm trying to update the HTS code for a recent 3a-5ts order and UPS are making it difficult.  I've called these two numbers: 502-485-2788 / 502-485-2064 since my last name fall between A - J, and I keep getting pushed to voicemail the past two days.  I've called UPS International Customer Service and they gave me an email address to make my request but now they're giving me a blank Commercial Invoice form to fill out.  Is the pandemic making this difficult ?

Edited by Archival

Archival, can't speak for how they schedule people but speaking from a pure logistics standpoint, they might be understaffed at the moment/this might be the reason you keep getting pushed to voicemail. 

On 6/25/2020 at 8:38 PM, a_username_for_superfuture said:

It's not even about being welcoming or not, you're saying you think that someone working at a post office saw your 3a1 and could've had a fake one on hand and replaced it? 

There's a certain point where you have to be direct about pointing our irrational behavior, otherwise you're just bound to ask more questions with zero train of thought.

Go next, unlucky. 

@daniel lots more color options for some outerwear/bottoms, also branching into more accessories...! interested to hear other people's opinions when pics come out to the public! can't speak on the places* the pieces are made in though

Edited by denimjeans
grammar

On 6/18/2020 at 9:33 AM, denimjeans said:

dude thank you!! I usually look through this thread for advice on sizing and whatnot before posting/asking friends, must’ve glossed over that page! this is exactly the gripe I have with them and the solutions posted here are exactly what I need. Bless u!!

small update on p25 weartesting re: drawcord waist as I feel it'd help those that haven't gotten their first pair of drawcord-only pants; went to run some errands today for about an hour and was pleased to see no scuff marks on the ankles while walking. going off of @scamster's rec to check out previous discussions on the waistband not staying put on this pair of pants, i found that feeding the drawcords back into the buckle after 1) tightening them to fit me 2) moving the fabric to the back of my waist helped it stay put while moving around the house, so my worry was that they wouldn't stay put while i would be walking around outside. it's not ideal for me to adjust pants as im moving up and about and while this wasn't an issue for me today, i did notice that the waistband definitely sat lower than where i had originally set it possibly due to the fabric coming back and loosening the buckle despite me feeding drawcord in. shoe choice also helped me prevent these from dragging on the ground (presto mid) as the bottom of the pants sat comfortably in the shoe's ankle collar; i'm 5'6 and this pair is a size S with an outseam of 84 cm (iirc), and i feel that if i wore a shorter shoe or a flat shoe with these, the chances of me dragging along the floor would've increased. i had nothing in my pockets save for my phone (so no weight issues to factor in), and even then i notice that the right leg (phone pocket on right leg) dips a little bit lower than the left despite all tightening efforts. all in all, great pair of pants for summer! thanks again to @Wklcarl for helping me get my start into this side of fashion

*tldr; drawcord experience will vary :) *

Edited by denimjeans

Can anyone share some information on how they remove wrinkles from their Acr items after they are washed? I've noticed DS fabric doesn't get to wrinkled after washing and then hang to dry but Stotz material after you wash and hang to dry looks horribly wrinkled. Not sure of the correct means to attack this problem and any insight would be helpful and greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance. 

1 hour ago, kenwiryadi said:

@owetoe540 i handwashed mine without wringing, twisting, folding etc and it had no wrinkles after i hang dry it. Have u tried steaming the wrinkles?

I havnt yet, that is what I am probably going to do just wanted to pick peoples brains first before I did. I use a garment bag and wash with a grangers product on gentle cycle with cold water and the pants are very wrinkled. On tag it says do not use dryer so I just hang dried.