Acronym.

Westbrook

Does anyone have any tips for returning good to ACR in Czech Republic from the US?  I am trying to send back a size Large J58-WS and UPS quoted $295USD and Fedex $195USD.  Thanks for any info.  

Alternatively, if anyone is interested in the size Large J58 shoot me a message, I am not trying to make money, just cut my losses.  

8 hours ago, markdjr said:

Does anyone have any tips for returning good to ACR in Czech Republic from the US?  I am trying to send back a size Large J58-WS and UPS quoted $295USD and Fedex $195USD.  Thanks for any info.  

Alternatively, if anyone is interested in the size Large J58 shoot me a message, I am not trying to make money, just cut my losses.  

USPS. EMS should be under 100. Comes with tracking and signature confirmation.

12 hours ago, Inkinsurgent said:

ill be honest with you guys i was kinda hoping a p10-ch would show up in there.

Would be nice but that pant sold pretty fast even in 2015. What they are selling now at reasonable prices, in my opinion, is Stock they had and took from the page around 4 years ago. I was always looking for some of these pieces because I like the early stuff. Guess it is more useful and less futuristic - more wearable.

I loved the suspensor jackets and always hoped that something similar will return.

i was thinking of the grey melange version which at the time sat on the mothersite for a good bit alongside some of the P14's. sadly my budget looked a bit different at the time. 

i prefer the pre-2016 acr aesthetic in general. like you say, more wearable.

12 hours ago, markdjr said:

I dont know about jumping the shark, I love my GT-J21, especially here in the PNW.

yeah, would love one (live in the tropics)

Thinking of copping a pair of the P22-S in RAF green off the mothersite..Does anyone own these pants that can comment on the sizing? 

I'm around 5'10", and I wear a medium in the P23-S, and also a Medium in the P30A-DS (Though I feel like I could go with a small in these if I just wore them cropped)

Would it be better to go with the Small, or Medium in this case? 

Emailed the mothersite, and they recommended a small, though I figured I'd get a second opinion before pulling the trigger.

On 6/3/2020 at 7:14 PM, Cornuto said:

What was the jacket with the removable sleeves? That was the jump the shark moment for me.

The first piece I have with removable sleeves is the PL-J1 I think. Mine still gets tons of wear as winter jacket and summer gillet. 

On 6/3/2020 at 10:23 AM, Yardsale said:

I had the black version and sold it, wish I hadn't. At the time, the 3A mods were hard to find so techsys webbing was wasted.

Is it to much to ask for a J4TS re-issue? Ultimate acronym purist/ninja piece, IMO. Have been waiting for years to see if some of the first-gen TS pieces would ever be updated and re-released, but it has yet to happen. Hopefully some day. 

There were links to past versions of the acronym homepage to see older items and sizing Information. Can not find the link anymore. Can someone help me out.

many thanks in advance 

didn’t win anything with these hanon acronym draws (no surprise don’t tend to win with these things) but did anyone notice the j43-gt pop up after the draw had finished? seems like someone at hanon did a single entry only raffle for themselves!

13 hours ago, scamster said:

didn’t win anything with these hanon acronym draws (no surprise don’t tend to win with these things) but did anyone notice the j43-gt pop up after the draw had finished? seems like someone at hanon did a single entry only raffle for themselves!

that wouldn't surprise me...

if anyone here got the DS-HD2 and doesn't get on with it, I will gladly take it off your hands. 

17 hours ago, scamster said:

I know it’s subjective but that thing is one of the worst jackets they ever made imo/ really not a desirable piece so wouldn’t surprise me if no-one entered and they put it up for sale after. 

11 hours ago, RemarkableArmor said:

I know it’s subjective but that thing is one of the worst jackets they ever made imo/ really not a desirable piece so wouldn’t surprise me if no-one entered and they put it up for sale after. 

I had it for 2 years. At first it looked like Kenny from Southpark. But I liked it in real life. Useful Hardshell 

cheers @emilpops wasn't after one just found it odd that it wasn't part of any of the vault releases only to appear after entry to all the raffles had closed.

yeah not a fan of it either, have to say that the j43 isn't the worse hood, have had coats with voluminous hoods without any means of adjustment that on turning your head you only see the inside of the hood, not good especially if your also wearing noise cancelling headphones if you want to avoid hospital food  :D 

3 hours ago, markdjr said:

Do I understand correctly that CH fabric has changed?  I have some of the CH shorts from years ago that kind of look like denim, I thought I'd read that new CH is thinner/lighter material?  Thanks for any info.

There have been so many versions of this material. Some more like a softshell and some more cotton like. Some you could wash at 60 degrees. I guess the 2014 or 2015 versions.

6 hours ago, markdjr said:

Do I understand correctly that CH fabric has changed?  I have some of the CH shorts from years ago that kind of look like denim, I thought I'd read that new CH is thinner/lighter material?  Thanks for any info.

CH just stands for non-DS Schoeller textiles. The denim like melange nylon/cotton blend textile is called Schoeller Shape.