Acronym.

Westbrook

20 minutes ago, Appleseed said:

...I mean, you get how the english language works right? The implication is that you and/or others believe that there is enough equivalency amongst those brands to bother cross-shopping. I give zero fucks about your personal shopping habits (or justification), and am simply pointing out the false posit.

Okay. Under the assumption that the cross-shopping of two goods makes them equivalents, I'll stand by my point that at a cost-to-value basis there is a point at which the other brands are in that sense equivalent to Acronym. It seemed to me you were referring to Acronym as an equivalent-less brand based on design/functionality alone, excluding price, but if we're counting price it should be a no-brainer. Cost-to-value wise an enfin-leve DS pant exceeds that of a P10, so explain to me how Acronym has no equivalents in that regard.

12 minutes ago, Orientalq said:

Okay. Under the assumption that the cross-shopping of two goods makes them equivalents, I'll stand by my point that at a cost-to-value basis there is a point at which the other brands are in that sense equivalent to Acronym. It seemed to me you were referring to Acronym as an equivalent-less brand based on design/functionality alone, excluding price, but if we're counting price it should be a no-brainer. Cost-to-value wise an enfin-leve DS pant exceeds that of a P10, so explain to me how Acronym has no equivalents in that regard.

Acronym has never been about cost-to-value. If you want cost-to-value, go shop at Ross

And of course enfin-leve's DS pants are going to be seen as better "cost-to-value wise" because a lot of their business is from taking Acronym designs to sell at a lower price point. Have fun with your Great Value™ Acroynm.

21 minutes ago, Orientalq said:

LOL, cmon man.. You're prolle the same kind of person that would argue a replica/copy/bootleg is as good as the original 

Just for full disclosure.. you dont work for Efin Leve (oops, I misspelt it), right? lol

1 minute ago, neromancer said:

Acronym has never been about cost-to-value. If you want cost-to-value, go shop at Ross

And of course enfin-leve's DS pants are going to be seen as better "cost-to-value wise" because a lot of their business is from taking Acronym designs to sell at a lower price point. Have fun with your Great Value™ Acroynm.

I'm glad you agree... Guess what, a lot of people do shop at ross. And love their Great Value™ Acronym. 

Everyone has their price points. I'm pointing out that as Errolson raises prices, enfin leve's sales team get wetter in their pants.

37 minutes ago, Orientalq said:

Sorry, but I've stated nothing to that effect.

Cherry-picking single metrics cannot, on any-basis, be reasoning for proving / disproving equivalency. Again, as a 'design enthusiast' you should know that the sum constitutes many parts - some of which are intangible. The fact that you claim that, and are ok lumping in rip-offs and replicas in the same brand grouping is pretty astounding.

Edited by Appleseed

4 minutes ago, Flipflop214 said:

LOL, cmon man.. You're prolle the same kind of person that would argue a replica/copy/bootleg is as good as the original 

Just for full disclosure.. you dont work for Efin Leve (oops, I misspelt it), right? lol

Here's the quote: "But to others, there are a LOT of people who cross shop between ACR and Outlier, enfin leve, SISP, Riot Division, and many other ACR derivatives (including replicas). "

I did NOT say that all of those brands were as good as the original. Cross-shopping does not equate to a conclusion of equality. For instance, I can cross shop a Mercedes S-Class and a Genesis G70, because I can use the extra money saved over from buying the Genesis to other avenues that are more productive for me. The same goes for ACR. People who cross shop ACR and enfin leve can save hundreds of dollars which could be used for other parts of their fit.

I don't work for enfin leve.

3 minutes ago, Appleseed said:

Sorry, but I've stated nothing to that effect.

Cherry-picking single metrics cannot, on any-basis, be reasoning for proving / disproving equivalency. Again, as a 'design enthusiast' you should know that the sum constitutes many parts - some of which are intangible.

1) "Cross-shopping the listed brands (+ including replicas, really?) does not make them equivalent" -> Cross shopping =/= equivalency.

2) "The implication is that you and/or others believe that there is enough equivalency amongst those brands to bother cross-shopping." -> Cross-shopping = enough equivalency.

Please explain to me what you mean by equivalency, because in one post you're saying that cross-shopping does not equate to equivalency and in the other, you're accusing me of equating Acronym with other brands because they can be cross-shopped.

10 minutes ago, Orientalq said:

I'm glad you agree... Guess what, a lot of people do shop at ross. And love their Great Value™ Acronym. 

Everyone has their price points. I'm pointing out that as Errolson raises prices, enfin leve's sales team get wetter in their pants.

I'm sure they do. But people who shop at Ross don't come onto fashion forums to bitch about clothes they can't afford (lol or maybe they do...?)

5 minutes ago, Orientalq said:

Here's the quote: "But to others, there are a LOT of people who cross shop between ACR and Outlier, enfin leve, SISP, Riot Division, and many other ACR derivatives (including replicas). "

I did NOT say that all of those brands were as good as the original. Cross-shopping does not equate to a conclusion of equality. For instance, I can cross shop a Mercedes S-Class and a Genesis G70, because I can use the extra money saved over from buying the Genesis to other avenues that are more productive for me. The same goes for ACR. People who cross shop ACR and enfin leve can save hundreds of dollars which could be used for other parts of their fit.

I don't work for enfin leve.

lol if your outfit has enfin leve in it there's no saving it

Just now, neromancer said:

I'm sure they do. But people who shop at Ross don't come onto fashion forums to bitch about clothes they can't afford (lol or maybe they do...?)

lol if your outfit has enfin leve in it there's no saving it

People who shop at ACR bitch about clothes they can't afford when Errolson prices them out. 

If having enfin in your fit means having a respectable top and shoes then I would go enfin every day of the week and twice on sunday. Budget-shaming are we LMAO 

20 minutes ago, Orientalq said:

1) "Cross-shopping the listed brands (+ including replicas, really?) does not make them equivalent" -> Cross shopping =/= equivalency.

2) "The implication is that you and/or others believe that there is enough equivalency amongst those brands to bother cross-shopping." -> Cross-shopping = enough equivalency.

Please explain to me what you mean by equivalency, because in one post you're saying that cross-shopping does not equate to equivalency and in the other, you're accusing me of equating Acronym with other brands because they can be cross-shopped.

You implied that ppl are cross-shopping those brands, and they are therefore equivalent. It doesn't, and they aren't. Not sure how much simpler I can make that.

You're now contradicting your earlier post (see below) and are feigning confusion. It's ok, the world will keep spinning.

28 minutes ago, Orientalq said:

Cross-shopping does not equate to a conclusion of equality.

Edited by Appleseed

1 minute ago, Appleseed said:

You implied that ppl are cross-shopping those brands, and they are therefore equivalent. It doesn't, and they aren't. Not sure how much simpler I can make that.

I am implying that people cross-shop those brands on a cost-to-value equivalency. Not sure how much simpler how I could have made that.

22 minutes ago, Appleseed said:

You're now contradicting your earlier post (see below) and are feigning confusion. It's ok, the world will keep spinning.

49 minutes ago, Orientalq said:

Am I? I said on a cost-to-value, didn't I? 

Cross-shopping does not equate to a conclusion of equality as in a Prius does not beat Ferrari as a better car but it does lose to it on a per-cost basis. I was addressing flipflop's insinuation that I consider enfin to be "as good" as the original, which it isn't. It's more cost-efficient, but not better. 

Am I the confused one here? We are talking about price, after all. To take price out of consideration and accuse me of equating ACR with other brands outright is disingenuous and misleading. Context, please.

Edited by Orientalq

33 minutes ago, Appleseed said:

Final post on this.
1) I'm arguing that pricing matters to Acronym customers and enfin's replacement of ACR at firmament Berlin is an indication of that (the exact reasoning of which is unknown but for the sake of the argument I'm referring to their commercial success). Pricing matters: https://www.reddit.com/r/techwearclothing/search?q=enfin+leve+acronym&restrict_sr=on&include_over_18=on&sort=top&t=all

2) I am not implying that ACR and enfin leve (and friends) are equals. But with price considered they are equivalents on a cost-to-value basis. (This is what you have confused. They are cross shopped because they are cost-effectively equivalent, not as standalone products.) 

I don't think we necessarily disagree. 

1 hour ago, Orientalq said:

I am implying that people cross-shop those brands on a cost-to-value equivalency.

But you didn't say that, and I'm not a mind-reader. Even if that's what you genuinely meant, I have a hard time believing that there's a sizable number of people cross-shopping reps (as you wrote) and the genuine article. There is literally too big of a gulf; in both actual performance and cost / value ratio, no equivalency exists.

Regardless...when discussing brand equivalency, there are far more factors to consider than just cost. You can reply ad nauseam, but it doesn't change anything.

2 hours ago, Orientalq said:

Cost-to-value wise an enfin-leve DS pant exceeds that of a P10, so explain to me how Acronym has no equivalents in that regard.

A cheaper copy of a P10 is not a cost to value equivalent lol

you're basically justifying your cheaper purchase is as good if not better than the real thing.

To your example of the genesis, You can dress up the genesis with the money saved from not buying the merc but it's still a genesis lol (not that there's anythign wrong with that).  I bet that genesis owner is still secretly wanting that merc.

Edited by Flipflop214

Longtime lurker but finally decided to drop $5 just to fucking laugh my fucking ass off at all you simps.

All you ACR stans.

Clowns roasting clowns, like internet clouts a thing.

You some insecure mofos. You think cuz you got cash, peeps care what y'all think?

Get dat money up!

Smooth brains, E would be proud while he's laughing his ass to the bank.

SUFU sure hits different.

Keep amusing me. Please.

6 hours ago, ogre said:

Mine is like that but even more extreme. It has that strange wavy pattern throughout the entire jacket. Looks terrible. I haven't had a chance to try ironing it out, because otherwise it's basically unwearably ugly.

5 hours ago, AvantSol said:

(Back to actual acrnm convo)

I had the same thing happen after wearing it in the rain. Haven't had a chance to iron it out. Let me if you or @ogre have a chance to iron it out.

I’m glad i’m not alone

is it because the sd material?if i remember they are double layer cotton with no glue etc

2 hours ago, Orientalq said:

Final post on this.
1) I'm arguing that pricing matters to Acronym customers and enfin's replacement of ACR at firmament Berlin is an indication of that (the exact reasoning of which is unknown but for the sake of the argument I'm referring to their commercial success). Pricing matters: https://www.reddit.com/r/techwearclothing/search?q=enfin+leve+acronym&restrict_sr=on&include_over_18=on&sort=top&t=all

Using r/twc as any sort of qualifier...

1 hour ago, fasttimes said:

twg/twc/dwr is a garbage fire of the worst dressed people on the internet and if you're lucky enough to have not stumbled across it yet then do everything in your power to keep it that way

another acr stan. wtf is up with these acronyms? you need a real name. like subnet. or is it subneet?

gotta keep plugging all the new fam, fuckin stan.

keep tellin us bout yo jawnz. cuz u no ain't nobody in ur real life give shitz bout how u dress.

what dat? what's subneet? CLOWN

tell us more about how you innit. cuz no one u noe fuckin cares, hahahah.

Just now, fasttimes said:

My name's Phong. What's yours, coward?

lmao, u maaad? u think calling me a coward gonna me mad simp? u mad doe.

dat's good. teach u character simp.

tell me mo bout subneet. is all u talk bout.

yo ig food blog delish. u at least got dat going.

coward.

Which one of the incel x techwear crossover squad are you? The one who threatens homosexuals with violence? Or the one who cried over their sister not setting you up with their co-worker? Or the one that tries to flex in wildly undersized fake jackets?

Could one of you afford to front the 5 bucks for the account or did you all chip in together?

ezgif-4-046691c0defb.gif.4ba868192a91670SUFU keep doin u. no dat i ain't gunna see yo replies for awhile, so jus keep up with the neg reacts like the simps you are. i need mo food pics phong. gunna drop yo some likes, as much as u name drop subneet. mwhah!