Westbrook

10 minutes ago, Rough Sleeper said:

I have no idea how old he is

If you’re ignorant then stop projecting

11 minutes ago, Rough Sleeper said:

you probably hate fit and thin people too

just stop

2 hours ago, SuE said:

Gibson is an octogenarian and has more drip than y’all.

Yeah because he can afford it.. in fact most boomers and old people can. When pricing causes your brand to appeal to older people exclusively that's how you kill a brand. Asian boba-sipping silicon valley guys eat it up tho, props to them. 2k out of their kid's college fund lmao.

9 hours ago, Rough Sleeper said:

I don't remember that I had any regrets paying 1400EUR for reissue of J28GT while owning first iteration at the same time. It's combination of attitude, design and pricing. Imagine paying two grand to show up at your office looking like that

imagine showing up at an office lol

2 hours ago, Orientalq said:

42 minutes ago, Rough Sleeper said:

now I'm just speculating..

you two were huge fans of the label until the prices went up and couldn't or "didn't want" to afford the jawnz anymore.  You feel the need to express your hatred of the brand that left you hanging in a forum full of "die hards".  Fuck outta here with that lame shit lol. quit crying and get your paper up.  let go of that hate brehs, trust me.. you'll be happier.

3 hours ago, drgitlin said:

Acronym for instagram? Nah, I wear acronym because Robin Williams.

robin-williams-best-outfits-acronym-jack

Far ahead of times with his Salomon shoes. The pants should be P5 if these are acronym 

6 hours ago, Rough Sleeper said:

No need to explain yourself, you do, what you gonna do. Your cat tower is amazing though.

Bruh my father is foxconn executive, why tf I should care?

Anyway, i'm gonna leave for now, have fun

wefweg.gif.cd5f023f8b714467fb7c3feb14d1ab30.gif

Oh really? What's his name? My father may know him. 

12 hours ago, Flipflop214 said:

now I'm just speculating..

you two were huge fans of the label until the prices went up and couldn't or "didn't want" to afford the jawnz anymore.  You feel the need to express your hatred of the brand that left you hanging in a forum full of "die hards".  Fuck outta here with that lame shit lol. quit crying and get your paper up.  let go of that hate brehs, trust me.. you'll be happier.

Yeah sorry I choose to spend my money by thinking... it's strange you use the word hate... I never said I hate acronym. Is negativity or criticism considered hate or are you just using another colloquial version of the term? If you told your mother to stop doing drugs do you hate her? Or love her? 

9 hours ago, fasttimes said:

If you're getting bent out of shape over a 2k jacket then wait til you get deep into literally any other hobby lmao

Brb gonna go complain about boomers on a Porsche forum for driving up the price of 993s

If a jacket can be bought for 20$ retail then a $2000 jacket is the equivalent of a $2,000,000 car. Not so much a Porsche 993. I'm a photographer and spend a fair amount in that hobby, but I'm happy to drop $3000 on a Sony A7RIII because I know I'm paying for a competitive and cost-functional price. I know that Sony probably isn't making more than $500 on the price I paid because their competitors would simply undercut them. Can't say the same for a J1A-GT. 

Don't get me wrong. I own ACR myself. Love his designs. I just refuse to blindly accept the prices for what they are and will continue to be. 

7 hours ago, Orientalq said:

Lol You’re dumb, No one is trying to compete with ACR because there’s really no equivalent IMO.  For you to insinuate that people in this forum are “blindly” spending their money is ignorant AF. You’re prolle one of those people who walks around thinking you’re better than everyone because of your “smart and thoughtful decisions” lol.  I shouldn’t have used hate, I should’ve used bitchassness 

ps. Don’t judge my mom for doing drugs. She likes to party. 

30 minutes ago, Flipflop214 said:

Lol You’re dumb, No one is trying to compete with ACR because there’s really no equivalent IMO.  For you to insinuate that people in this forum are “blindly” spending their money is ignorant AF. You’re prolle one of those people who walks around thinking you’re better than everyone because of your “smart and thoughtful decisions” lol.  I shouldn’t have used hate, I should’ve used bitchassness 

ps. Don’t judge my mom for doing drugs. She likes to party. 

For one, I'm not saying YOU have to stop buying Acronym. I am simply pointing out reasons why others (and believe me I am not alone here) would choose not to buy the products because of the blatant price gouging and profiteering. Yes, to you there is no equivalent to Acronym. But to others, there are a LOT of people who cross shop between ACR and Outlier, enfin leve, SISP, Riot Division, and many other ACR derivatives (including replicas). It's not a zero sum game and our opinions are not mutually exclusive. I don't mind the negative reps, but it's not like I'm wildly wrong. It's probable that the people who don't have as much brand loyalty to ACR wouldn't browse this forum. I'm a design enthusiast and a customer, but maybe the prices are reason for me to reconsider the latter.

"Not buying Acronym is more Acronym than Acronym." 

Stop with the character attacks. Calling me "dumb" does what exactly? I get it. You just got rep points for roasting a cocky lambo Designer. Cool. But that's because he brought up why his opinion should be valued over others. Did I do that? I have not insulted or insinuated anything about you, yet you continue to insult me. Please extend that courtesy back for the sake of argument. 

1 hour ago, Orientalq said:

Yes, to you there is no equivalent to Acronym. But to others, there are a LOT of people who cross shop between ACR and Outlier, enfin leve, SISP, Riot Division, and many other ACR derivatives (including replicas). It's not a zero sum game and our opinions are not mutually exclusive. I don't mind the negative reps, but it's not like I'm wildly wrong. It's probable that the people who don't have as much brand loyalty to ACR wouldn't browse this forum. I'm a design enthusiast and a customer, but maybe the prices are reason for me to reconsider the latter.

Cross-shopping the listed brands (+ including replicas, really?) does not make them equivalent, period. A self-proclaimed 'design enthusiast' should be able to understand the differences.

2 hours ago, Willy19 said:

sorry to cut the conversation
does anyone have j44-sd become like this after getting washed?:sad:

acd9fa76-c924-4665-b871-a1baf31f9216.JPG

Mine is like that but even more extreme. It has that strange wavy pattern throughout the entire jacket. Looks terrible. I haven't had a chance to try ironing it out, because otherwise it's basically unwearably ugly.

2 hours ago, Orientalq said:

For one, I'm not saying YOU have to stop buying Acronym. I am simply pointing out reasons why others (and believe me I am not alone here) would choose not to buy the products because of the blatant price gouging and profiteering. Yes, to you there is no equivalent to Acronym. But to others, there are a LOT of people who cross shop between ACR and Outlier, enfin leve, SISP, Riot Division, and many other ACR derivatives (including replicas).

lol, ok breh.

ACR make it's own market.. to put it plainly, E can charge whatever the fuck he wants for his clothes.  You, as the consumer, has the right to not buy his shit.  This aint n95 face masks breh.  This is not a regulated security that you buy on NYSE.    

25 minutes ago, Flipflop214 said:

E can charge whatever the fuck he wants for his clothes

"breh", I started my charade not because i can't afford new prices (lol), but because it might hurt the brand (because i care (cared)). I was trying to look from non-hardcore user perspective, how many times i need to repeat that? I already said that "E" while "charging whatever the fuck he wants for his clothes" is not selling his clothes anymore. When hype dies, it will be way worse. ACR made it's own market, but that might be crumbling very soon.

Orientalq, stop trying. People here are like hyenas on it's own territory. They don't care what opinion you have, they live on Errolsons precum and if you have different opinion, they will attack you even if you made legit point. 

1 hour ago, Appleseed said:

Cross-shopping the listed brands (+ including replicas, really?) does not make them equivalent, period. A self-proclaimed 'design enthusiast' should be able to understand the differences.

Where did I say they were equivalents? You're misconstruing my argument. "There is no equivalent to ACR" does not mean Errolson can raise prices arbitrarily, otherwise a J1A-GT would be $5000 by now. The reason I'm sensitive to ACR's price is that at some point the added functionality and brand value per dollar diminishes, therefore cross shopping is an option for the majority of consumers. In fact we've seen that with ACG jackets entering the GT jacket space, as it has become a household name on every "techwear" forum, which used to be a niche market for ACR. "Design enthusiast" or not, price matters too.

33 minutes ago, Flipflop214 said:

lol, ok breh.

ACR make it's own market.. to put it plainly, E can charge whatever the fuck he wants for his clothes.  You, as the consumer, has the right to not buy his shit.  This aint n95 face masks breh.  This is not a regulated security that you buy on NYSE.    

Which is why I didn't buy anything for 2020... and I'm on a forum complaining about it because I want to. I'm not advocating for Errolson to be audited or regulated. I sense a lot of antagonism here... why can't we just disagree.

3 hours ago, Willy19 said:

sorry to cut the conversation
does anyone have j44-sd become like this after getting washed?:sad:

acd9fa76-c924-4665-b871-a1baf31f9216.JPG

(Back to actual acrnm convo)

I had the same thing happen after wearing it in the rain. Haven't had a chance to iron it out. Let me if you or @ogre have a chance to iron it out.

1 hour ago, Orientalq said:

Where did I say they were equivalents? You're misconstruing my argument.

4 hours ago, Orientalq said:

[to you there is no equivalent to Acronym. But to others,]

...I mean, you get how the english language works right? The implication is that you and/or others believe that there is enough equivalency amongst those brands to bother cross-shopping. I give zero fucks about your personal shopping habits (or justification), and am simply pointing out the false posit.