Acronym.

Westbrook

@SlackJackflack welcome to Acronym, where terms can mean whatever the fuck E wants it to. Didn't see a secondary zip pull on the product shots though. Maybe he means it zips 2 ways, up and to the side.

He's done the same before when numbering amount of pockets.

Edited by X.bee

7 minutes ago, X.bee said:

@SlackJackflack welcome to Acronym, where terms can mean whatever the fuck E wants it to. Didn't see a secondary zip pull on the product shots though. Maybe he means it zips 2 ways, up and to the side.

He's done the same before when numbering amount of pockets.

ACR_SS20_J84-S-064.thumb.jpg.ec6a027c08bd1082f8be46a976682f4f.jpgACR_SS20_J84-S-008.thumb.jpg.5fa904a950807d464536e8134697becb.jpg

can see collar zipped while bottom is unzipped in first one and can see the other pulltab in the other pic. I went ahead and emailed as well just to be sure but not the worst error imaginable.

3 hours ago, SlackJackflack said:

Question for anyone else who picked up the J84-S, did yours come with a 2 way zip? Was mentioned and shown in product pictures but mine just arrived and there is only a single slider. image1.jpg.08be01403e3160297abfa50f91eb7cd9.jpgimage0.jpg.eaad91b7865153954dced8be802f81a4.jpg1925996937_image2(4).jpg.6646ae9890480f0e1bf7f08c3c84cf96.jpg   

my black one is same with this situation

Edited by alo1333

6 hours ago, SlackJackflack said:

ACR_SS20_J84-S-064.thumb.jpg.ec6a027c08bd1082f8be46a976682f4f.jpgACR_SS20_J84-S-008.thumb.jpg.5fa904a950807d464536e8134697becb.jpg

can see collar zipped while bottom is unzipped in first one and can see the other pulltab in the other pic. I went ahead and emailed as well just to be sure but not the worst error imaginable.

Mine are the same as yours and I think you are right, I don’t realise before you posted this. You can just about see the bottom slider. I think they will have to recall them just like they did on the j63a. 

On 5/8/2020 at 11:35 PM, Yardsale said:

Your question aside, that is a nicer shade of RAF than what's on the website.

That's typical for the raf stotz raf though isn't it? My P10A-S looks like that or green like on the website, depending on the lighting.

Edited by hentaiyarou69

ALL jackets should come with a 2-way zip...imo. I swear E is the master of non-functioning functional clothing. From my personal experience, most ACR systems/subsystems fall very short from their marketed offerings. I've never really considered myself a die hard ACR fan, only someone who really appreciates intuitive design w/ function. I can think of a couple designers today who are executing "function" far superior to E. 

I wouldn’t go anywhere near so far as to say ‘non-functioning clothing’. The patterning by and large is very conducive to high speed/low drag non restrictive movement (when sized appropriately, very important point here imo). Pocket placement is typically well considered and mechanically efficient, and tends to evolve across iterations. Fabric use is typically well considered and appropriate for the design.

That being said...

Gravity pockets are essentially useless for their intended purpose

Interops is HIGHLY situational IMO

Forcelock is not very practical (if at all) in the day and age of wireless earbuds

Personally I think the jacket is fine as is. But a 2 way zip would make it much more interesting, as the cut of the jacket tends to flare out at the lower section, having the bottom open would be more appealing to me. 
2 way zip let you close the collar and open the bottom which can’t be done by the snap button. 

I need some sizing advice in regards to Acronym jackets. I'm gonna use that Death Stranding J1A-GTKP as a base to reference this off of.  I'm about 5'8", fit build. What size would be best for my body type? I'd like it to fit similarly to how the DS jacket looks on Errolson and/or the guy in the J1 unboxing YouTube video posted a few pages back.

1 hour ago, Toast-Artillery said:

I need some sizing advice in regards to Acronym jackets. I'm gonna use that Death Stranding J1A-GTKP as a base to reference this off of.  I'm about 5'8", fit build. What size would be best for my body type? I'd like it to fit similarly to how the DS jacket looks on Errolson and/or the guy in the J1 unboxing YouTube video posted a few pages back.

Size small would fit the same as Errolson or "This is Antwon" I believe Errolson is wearing a size medium and Antwon a size Large but they are both 6 foot and 6 foot 1 respectively. 

4 hours ago, owetoe540 said:

Size small would fit the same as Errolson or "This is Antwon" I believe Errolson is wearing a size medium and Antwon a size Large but they are both 6 foot and 6 foot 1 respectively. 

Thanks for the replies! I noticed in the Antwon video, it looks like he's unboxing a size "M." If he is 6'1, I guess small is the size for me. I was trying to double check E's size, as I get conflicting answers, as seen posted above.

8 hours ago, Toast-Artillery said:

I’m 5’5” use size S a little bit long on the sleeve but i’m sure for your height will fit you perfectly 

25B22DB0-EB49-4AC8-AE58-F425BE21FB8F.jpeg

23 hours ago, brainerd666 said:

Forcelock is not very practical (if at all) in the day and age of wireless earbuds

I would argue it's more practical now with wireless earbuds. With wired, the wire would get caught on something and the buds would be ripped off the tape quite often for me. Wireless doesn't run that risk, and has no added weight from a wire to pull them off either, given that the magnets in them are not especially strong (intentionally so to protect the electronics in earbuds, before someone says they're so weak that they're useless).

Yeah, I don’t trust them enough. If there was a wider magnet for ease of placement and to account for the potential of them slipping I’d be more likely to use them.