Acronym.

Westbrook

1 hour ago, urcr said:

Hi guys,

I would like to know if this is the correct thread to ask if a Acronym item is legit. I have some doubt about mine ... and looking for some expertise.

Cheers

let's see some pictures then

11 minutes ago, nexus said:

Sorry if it's the wrong thread, but can someone help me to identify this bag? Thanks a lot!

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600 (1).jpg

you must be new lol

Cordura 3A-5TS

Edited by moneytalks

Thanks guys ! That's a bad news for me, I was about to re-sell it, but obviously it's not legit ... I have to say that this is a quite well done one tho, 

But thanks for having helped me !

4 hours ago, NCiao said:

Anyone know if Cashllama silk and Cashllama wool shrink?  Googling seems to suggest it doesn’t, which I’m skeptical of.

I'd hand wash and hang dry so that if there was any shrink the weight should pull it true again, or fork up for dry cleaning, thankfully silk and wool are pretty antimicrobial materials so they shouldn't build up body oder too quickly?(speculation on my part)

8 hours ago, urcr said:

Thanks guys ! That's a bad news for me, I was about to re-sell it, but obviously it's not legit ... I have to say that this is a quite well done one tho, 

But thanks for having helped me !

You’re whack, wouldn’t surprise me if you’re the one making and selling that shit. 

J1A-GTKP showed up today. Awesome to see Acronym in navy and yellow, and i've even come around on the text, but size M is too big for me =/ if anyone with bomb feedback wants it at retail + customs before I list to grailed, or wants to trade their S (long shot I know), hit me up

I notice that the knits are no longer listed on acrnm.com which is interesting because a few vendors seem to be erroneously selling them early. maybe preparing to release tomorrow?

also -- you can apparently pay UPS customs fees online now, but they held it because they wanted my SSN due to the product being made in china. always something holding up acronym deliveries :)

Edited by eidolarr

8 hours ago, eidolarr said:

J1A-GTKP showed up today. Awesome to see Acronym in navy and yellow, and i've even come around on the text, but size M is too big for me =/ if anyone with bomb feedback wants it at retail + customs before I list to grailed, or wants to trade their S (long shot I know), hit me up

I notice that the knits are no longer listed on acrnm.com which is interesting because a few vendors seem to be erroneously selling them early. maybe preparing to release tomorrow?

also -- you can apparently pay UPS customs fees online now, but they held it because they wanted my SSN due to the product being made in china. always something holding up acronym deliveries :)

Shirt, Crewneck & J84 just dropped, so I guess they took them off the website to update the page.

S23-AK S and M already sold out. Luckily where quick enough to grab an M, lets hope it will fit!

J84-S Hood looks a bit like the one on the J1E. Not sure what to think about it yet. Also, who noticed the P22-S restock?

Edited by dixonschneider

Hanon seems to no longer charge VAT for out of UK purchases so effectively 20% off for american consumers, just a heads up as this is news to me after Montrose was the cheapest distributor for a while, but seems to have stopped carrying acr over the weekend?

1 hour ago, DROVES said:

Hanon seems to no longer charge VAT for out of UK purchases so effectively 20% off for american consumers, just a heads up as this is news to me after Montrose was the cheapest distributor for a while, but seems to have stopped carrying acr over the weekend?

They're not supposed to collect VAT for non-UK/EU purchases (and Hanon certainly didn't back in the day). I've previously brought this up with 18montrose and told them to politely fuck off when they refused to discount that on a US purchase. The retailer gets said VAT amount refunded from the local agency on these kinds of international sales, so it's some pretty un-ethical (and illegal?) profiteering on their part.

Plenty of other retailers out there, vote with your wallet-

19 minutes ago, Appleseed said:

They're not supposed to collect VAT for non-UK/EU purchases (and Hanon certainly didn't back in the day). I've previously brought this up with 18montrose and told them to politely fuck off when they refused to discount that on a US purchase. The retailer gets said VAT amount refunded from the local agency on these kinds of international sales, so it's some pretty un-ethical (and illegal?) profiteering on their part.

Plenty of other retailers out there, vote with your wallet-

Thinking montrose may have finally got scolded about this because based on the prices of the last few drops VAT has to be removed. I've had the same experience in the past, Hanon always did and 18montrose didn't for the longest time.