Acronym.

Westbrook

3 minutes ago, BRICK DOM said:

I woulda copped, I loved death stranding (probably one of the few). I woke up an hour ago but went back to sleep lmao, so it's not meant to be. Was the price same as the regular j1a? Someone on grailed already listed for $3k

What a great game. I loved how Kojima was like "Whenever someone does something different, it is met with mixed reactions. I want Death Stranding to be looked back at in 10 years as the standard." Or something like that. And with all the events that are happening right now, its themes definitely foreshadowed some of the stuff we're going through now. And it is such a joke how people still try to resell Acronym

On 4/19/2020 at 4:33 PM, solo1 said:

Talk about diluting the reverence around their most known piece.

Perhaps diluting is too strong of a word, but creating multiple versions of the J1A in such a small amount of time is too speedy for me.

On 4/19/2020 at 4:59 PM, iamundying said:

rather it gives strength to acronym's principle of tweaking little things moving forward to improve upon previous versions. 

I think we can all agree that we enjoy the little tweaks to previous versions of a model and the constant search for improvement. But I would like the variations spread over the collection a bit more.

It has been tweaked for nearly 2 decades, it's hardly a revolution, and this instance I would note as more of a jovial nod to a collaborator, just like Mr H's likeness has appeared in various games I guess?

I imagine it is a symbiotic relationship.

you lucky bugger! thanks for testing out an early release and the write up. that chest tension zip is a nice addition, can you completely remove the chest pocket? 

but as you mentioned that white is going to be insane to keep clean. j1e-spot clean 24/7.

Edited by iamtheoldmanbythesea
removed the quote lol

1 hour ago, iamtheoldmanbythesea said:

you lucky bugger! thanks for testing out an early release and the write up. that chest tension zip is a nice addition, can you completely remove the chest pocket? 

but as you mentioned that white is going to be insane to keep clean. j1e-spot clean 24/7.

Nope, chest pocket stays on.  

47 minutes ago, Flipflop214 said:

^jesus, did you really had to quote the entire thing?! Cmon breh. 

great read Slapz! 

:biggrin:

44 minutes ago, CARLOOA said:

@thatslapz Sir, this is a Wendy’s. 

Awesome write up though! Please submit to a zine. ;)

HEH

On 4/20/2020 at 12:42 PM, thatslapz said:

Nice write-up. Could you get a photo comparison of the curved shoulder pocket you mentioned?

I have the newest 2.2A along with the 58 combo and love the shielding, so I worry when you said the flap may allow leakage. I love the new gravity flap, much more minimalistic.

I love the new ability to escape zip without having zipping because my big gripe is definitely the lowering of the collar zip and fully zipping in order to use the escape. I don't particularly like the mezz entry access reallocation mentioned, maybe its me but I've grown to like entering from the zipper side. I like the interior pocket of the flak pocket thats mentioned. as well.

At this point, with the various hood colors and variations, these should be produced and/or sold seperately for 'replacement' or accessorizing purposes.

REGARDING PHOTOS: you can access past story posts via the archive feature in you profile settings. My friend sent me your story and they disappeared, and I realized EFF its 24 hours.

~Lefty

On 4/21/2020 at 12:41 PM, LeftyJeenyus said:

Nice write-up. Could you get a photo comparison of the curved shoulder pocket you mentioned?

Thanks, added a couple photos hope that clarifies.  And thanks, I will try to coordinate the photos with the text at some point. It was a lot to write and I'm kind of over it now haha. And you are correct @hentaiyarou69

D4CD83DE-3613-4C2A-A61C-B9C25F14D8CD.thumb.jpeg.9a4698aa78d4d103aee1ff9bbcb1bd6c.jpeg

78F73A90-EB59-46A6-9A34-08339DFC1720.thumb.jpeg.3b74ea3466a4daec77da7dedc1e92c15.jpeg

Edited by thatslapz

They carried acr for a while after Jörg left, but at some point there was a change in direction and both acr and veilance, two brands they really put on the map in the early days, got dropped off the roster. Just strange to see a known acr ripoff end up there.

Still one of my fav. places in berlin though. 

20 minutes ago, NinjaGuyInToronto said:

He said the next drop is Monday?  Am I hearing that right?

I clocked that too, but had assumed this was recorded prior to the J1A-GKTP drop (although that drop was a Sunday). He covers / says lots of similar stuff in the Corporate Lunch podcast which released before (but possibly recorded after) this. I don't recall a drop being mentioned in the CL interview, but I was listening after a few beers...

Hi guys,

I would like to know if this is the correct thread to ask if a Acronym item is legit. I have some doubt about mine ... and looking for some expertise.

Cheers