Acronym.

Westbrook

I have to be honest I'm not sure I'm into it, seems as though the chest pocket would have less room by getting rid of the fold? Maybe there's some greater interfacing to it, but I've never wanted my phone on my chest either so maybe this is my own hang up. 

Interesting to see the update to gravity pockets, but A] will it be less comfortable by adding that bulk of seams where you rest your arm down? B] has there been an update to the pocket exit, because that's what i've wanted updated for year having had felony knives and other stupid shit slide out at the worst imaginable times.

Will be interesting to see the full set of promotional images, would be into a bi color black and white, but I don't know if any of these formal updates are doing much for me from the vague influencer pics.

Damn, about to pull the trigger on a basic veilance wardrobe, will have to hang on and see what appears tomorrow! We think the tomorrow is to be taken literally rather than just a 'tomorrow is in your hands' stranding quote?

Very interested in the new flak pocket, does it zip all the way across? The bottom part of the zip doesn't seem to match up on the right hand side (as you face it), because of detached entry?

For some reason I felt like tomorrow was posted on Friday and then reposted 5 hours ago so I'd assume Monday, but I have no idea nor concept of time after almost 2 months inside

3 hours ago, agentbuca said:

Damn, about to pull the trigger on a basic veilance wardrobe, will have to hang on and see what appears tomorrow! We think the tomorrow is to be taken literally rather than just a 'tomorrow is in your hands' stranding quote?

Very interested in the new flak pocket, does it zip all the way across? The bottom part of the zip doesn't seem to match up on the right hand side (as you face it), because of detached entry?

Bottom portion of zipper (pocket) is given more slack to expand like an accordion outward when zipper is opened. When closing, zipper pull stops where it hits the collapsed expansion fold on the bottom. Nice detail, but I personally like more the minimal appearance of the previous flack pocket on the J1A. Also good riddance to the zippers on the gravity pockets.

2 minutes ago, dixonschneider said:

Any good tips for reactivating DWR on a freshly washed gt pro jacket WITHOUT having to use a tumble dryer? Using grangers 2 in 1. Happy about useful recommendations!

Hair dryer or using an iron over a towel.

2 minutes ago, dixonschneider said:

Any good tips for reactivating DWR on a freshly washed gt pro jacket WITHOUT having to use a tumble dryer? Using grangers 2 in 1. Happy about useful recommendations!

i don't have a tumble dryer at home so i have been using a hair dryer. for about 15-20 mins then leave to hang dry. works fine for me.

J1A-GTKP

nice concept as some kind of "game merch", but nothing i need to own, personally. Could imagine the quantities are more limited compared to a normal release, as it is stated a "custom" gtpro jacket.

The pics indeed hint to a new kind of backpack, and also a new model of pants which look like a P33A-DS.

THANKS by the way for the replies about the washing issue, appreciate it.

Edited by dixonschneider

Kinda feels like an incomplete package? I know there are a lot of legal barriers to cross branding etc, but if it had been a kit with some of the merch photographed, say it came in the pelican case, had the walkman, shirt, hat, BB and all the fixins it would feel more complete conceptually?

That all being said the colors fit into the greater dialogue of mountaineering gear so it will certainly be a grail piece with time

I'm surprised at the lack of excitement! is it just that it's not the conventional black/raf/white acronym colors? To me, acronym in navy and yellow colorblocking looks dope. I especially like the shoulder, gives me J1A-GTPL vibes.

The only thing i'm meh on is the text all over the place. I've never played death stranding... is that also from the game?

if the J1A is recognized as the grail acronym jacket to acquire,  I find it odd that there are more j1a releases than almost any other jacket or product.  Talk about diluting the reverence around their most known piece.   It diminishes the shine of owning one, copping, or even seeing one in the wild when its like this. 

a jacket that came out once every couple years is coming out with multiple variants per season?   

Edited by solo1

2 minutes ago, eidolarr said:

I'm surprised at the lack of excitement! is it just that it's not the conventional black/raf/white acronym colors? To me, acronym in navy and yellow colorblocking looks dope. I especially like the shoulder, gives me J1A-GTPL vibes.

The only thing i'm meh on is the text all over the place. I've never played death stranding... is that also from the game?

I think the lackluster reception is that it's pretty much gamer merch/collectible and won't be taken seriously as, say, a normal j1a-gt would.

but also that it's color and text alone that are increasing the price quite substantively from the last drop, even just swapping to the uncoated zippers or something to give it breathing room as a separate thing, I want a concept 

7 minutes ago, solo1 said:

if the J1A is recognized as the penultimate acronym jacket to acquire

FYI "penultimate" means "second to last" -- what a useless word, right? -- which is probably not what you meant here

7 minutes ago, Kaizo said:

I think the lackluster reception is that it's pretty much gamer merch/collectible and won't be taken seriously as, say, a normal j1a-gt would.

Interesting. never having played the game, I'm just looking at it for what it is, and I love the color palette.

5 minutes ago, eidolarr said:

FYI "penultimate" means "second to last" -- what a useless word, right? -- which is probably not what you meant here

Interesting. never having played the game, I'm just looking at it for what it is, and I love the color palette.

haha thanks ;)

Jacket all sold out folks, must've been a really small number! 

Pants look to be a p33 variant but with pockets (that look like) the p10A pockets. 

Edited by solo1

18 minutes ago, solo1 said:

if the J1A is recognized as the penultimate acronym jacket to acquire,  I find it odd that there are more j1a releases than almost any other jacket or product.  Talk about diluting the reverence around their most known piece.   It diminishes the shine of owning one, copping, or even seeing one in the wild when its like this. 

Why is this a surprise considering they released a magazine all about the J1a.

23 minutes ago, solo1 said:

if the J1A is recognized as the grail acronym jacket to acquire,  I find it odd that there are more j1a releases than almost any other jacket or product.  Talk about diluting the reverence around their most known piece.   It diminishes the shine of owning one, copping, or even seeing one in the wild when its like this. 

a jacket that came out once every couple years is coming out with multiple variants per season?   

i personally like seeing all the iterations of J1A and how it's evolved since its formation. i certainly don't think it's a dilution in any way. rather it gives strength to acronym's principle of tweaking little things moving forward to improve upon previous versions. 

2 minutes ago, iamundying said:

i personally like seeing all the iterations of J1A and how it's evolved since its formation. i certainly don't think it's a dilution in any way. rather it gives strength to acronym's principle of tweaking little things moving forward to improve upon previous versions. 

agreed, every brand has staples no matter how big or small. like visvim and their christos/virgil folk boots. re-released every season but they tweak with material and craftsmanship - and always in demand. be interesting to see what the next gen of GT is going to be like