Acronym.

Westbrook

1 hour ago, eddyraddish said:

i wore the shit out of the other one... and im not hating on acr, its just a fact that ive had delam when by all accounts my level of wear and washing, i should not have. maybe my closet is too warm... (that is different as i moved recently) and oil plus heat is a particular risk...

Are you constantly wearing jackets next to skin? That could be another culprit. I avoid wearing hard shells unless I'm wearing a long sleeve or liner underneath.

33 minutes ago, AvantSol said:

Are you constantly wearing jackets next to skin? That could be another culprit. I avoid wearing hard shells unless I'm wearing a long sleeve or liner underneath.

always a liner but my sweaty oily neck as well as my forearms must be the culprits... my J53  has delam around myupper back and neck even in the actual collar where its gortex on both sides. and my j16 is completely broken down arms chest everywhere. thats why im investigating because it seems out of proportion to what one should expect.

Back in the day, there was much theorizing (by ppl who actually used GORE-TEX as god intended) that some individuals sweat affected the membrane (or adhesives?) much more aggressively than everyone else on the bell curve. This was supported by anecdotal manufacturer Q&A, though I don't remember if it was ever formalized or published.

Chest delam. is not very common, even with packs or carry-rigs. Will usually see face fabric abrasion before that occurs.

Of course - if you're cosplaying in ACR at your local ramen joint on a balmy evening, then all bets are off.

I avoid all direct skin contact with any of my GT jackets mostly cause 1 im paranoid and 2 my skin is oily. But if you do have skin contact and wash every couple of wears, you should be fine. 

also @knucks the p10s fit nice. 

I'm 5'7 and xs fits me just fine.  prob cause im on the skinnier side but length wise, there are no issues. I can get away with S as well but I prefer XS

21 hours ago, knucks said:

Pants came in. I'll be honest and say I was hoping for a looser fit. Here are some bad, overexposed photos. Thanks iphone se

Hm.

Definitely a slim-boi pant; could see you having issues with an M with the proportion/length so it might just be the cut. Looks good; top block seems to be a little tight but maybe it'll stretch out a tiny bit with wear.

12 hours ago, segue said:

I avoid all direct skin contact with any of my GT jackets mostly cause 1 im paranoid and 2 my skin is oily. But if you do have skin contact and wash every couple of wears, you should be fine. 

I think I'm too oily, probs. Sticking with gabardine or other materials has been better for me overall, but I'm thinking the same like the rest of you are saying to avoid skin contact. My Veilance monitor coat has neck wear from just rocking a t-shirt some days, which matches some of your experiences.

4 hours ago, knucks said:

I'm looking at P34 models too, going to set up an alert for ones in my size but..I reckon size medium would be fine in the P34 if i wanted it similar to my Nike ACG cargos fit?

LMAO you'll be collecting pants after the 2nd cop. Kinda like how I don't need another jacket but still browse regardless.

My personal theory is that delam is caused by overly acidic sweat, not the oil content.  Extra stinky armpits when working out or burning holes in the chest or back of a T-shirt are indicators that your sweat pH is closer to 4 than 7 (neutral). Since it can be caused by too frequent exercise it can be a problem for the highly trained athlete.  Remember PTFE (GORE-TEX) is nothing more than Teflon, and it really doesn’t want to stick to ANYTHING, not just a jackets face fabric.

Gore has never officially acknowledged there is a problem.

ppl who actually used GORE-TEX as god intended

But wearing a shell when it’s 40° and sunny makes me so much more Xteme!

38 minutes ago, sidneylo said:

LMAO you'll be collecting pants after the 2nd cop. Kinda like how I don't need another jacket but still browse regardless.

yeee you know how i do

TBH if I hadn't kopped the veilance coat i got i'd prob copkop a 'nym

8 hours ago, sidneylo said:

I think I'm too oily, probs. Sticking with gabardine or other materials has been better for me overall, but I'm thinking the same like the rest of you are saying to avoid skin contact. My Veilance monitor coat has neck wear from just rocking a t-shirt some days, which matches some of your experiences.

i used to have a monitor coat and i used to wear it with just a t.  hate to break it to you but if you haven't washed it, the inner elbows will have already delamed.

25 minutes ago, segue said:

i used to have a monitor coat and i used to wear it with just a t.  hate to break it to you but if you haven't washed it, the inner elbows will have already delamed.

dannnng your elbows delam'd? i've washed it since but dang that really sucks. (lol but i never looked at the elbow soooooo…)

thankfully arc's warranty is solid i've blown through two pairs of veilance pants and they ended up swapping out for a different style at no cost.

have to say that the DS is the quintessential P10 material. My P10-CH's are super soft and comfy as fuck and from an aesthetic standpoint i loved the melange CH (in P14 though, not P10) but there's something about the drape and texture of DS that just fits the P10 pattern on a conceptual level.

14 minutes ago, Inkinsurgent said:

have to say that the DS is the quintessential P10 material. My P10-CH's are super soft and comfy as fuck and from an aesthetic standpoint i loved the melange CH (in P14 though, not P10) but there's something about the drape and texture of DS that just fits the P10 pattern on a conceptual level.

-CH has 2 iterations (before/after FW1617). The latest one has the best drape of all materials ( or equal to -S) and its a bit thicker/more rigid than the old one.

DS has the worst drape imo (also articulated knees r no so cool in -DS).

-S>=-CH>-DS

You guys shouldn’t bully these noobs lol. Last time I neg repped a guy asking about pant sizing he reported me and I got a warning lol. Imagine me being on this damn site for 10+ years and some scrub that comes begging for help then disappears gets all butt hurt for asking a dumb question that’s been asked 1000 times already

2 hours ago, NinjaGuyInToronto said:

IMG_4217.thumb.jpg.040d19b40cec9d6670ed6a7cfb52d1d0.jpg

P10s arrived today.  Went with size S based on recommends on here.  I'm 5'9'' and they fit perfect, although waist is a bit big.  Phone pocket seems to have increased in size over older models.  Kinda wish they had deep pockets since it's one of the more functional ACR features.  Articulation feels nice, and the leg zips are very smooth.  Overall very happy with them. <_<

looks solid. I guess im a fat ass cause at 5'8 and 160lbs my medium is tight on my buttocks... and even when i got a pair of P30-CH in a small I found the knee articulation snagging on squating, So more than height I think understanding your inseem and hip measurements is key to getting the correct size.

Little observations on the new P10-DS vs P10TS-DS. I noticed three differences:

• The P10-DS has a larger phone pocket (as I believe all the pants do these days)
  • The P10-DS has a button rather than a snap
  • The grosgrain(?) on the P10-DS is stitched down in the middle, unlike the P10TS-DS. For my big squat glutes, the P10TS's always flip up annoyingly, so this is a big improvement. It's possible that originally it was stitched down and the thread came loose, but I don't remember it being like that.

Totally different note, can anyone gimme some info on the J47TS-GT? The product pics make it look like it fits slim for Acronym, slimmer than the J1A. Is that right? Also, is the AuxZip the new, longer size or the old smaller size?

26 minutes ago, eidolarr said:

Totally different note, can anyone gimme some info on the J47TS-GT? The product pics make it look like it fits slim for Acronym, slimmer than the J1A. Is that right? 

You're correct in that it is slimmer than the j1a, could be due to the fact that it's constructed more like a singular piece than the boxy 1a.