Acronym.

Westbrook

16 minutes ago, NinjaGuyInToronto said:

What size did you end up getting in the P10?  I'm 5'9'' and even the S looks like it might be a bit long.  I'm considering the XS..

For the love of god do not get the XS if you are 5'9. I'm 5'8 and the S fits. You could prob do an M, but S will work also. depends on how much stacking you want.

Grabbing the small P10! Depending how fast shipping is..fit pics tomorrow or Wednesday! Would have gone from mothersite to save a bit of money but..rather be able to return easily.

Hope they look good w my Veilance Partition LT

Edited by knucks

Any speculation for the C1-AM and the like? I’d guess another 2 weeks before another drop if it didn’t appear today...

Hope everyones gratuitous retail therapy has gone well~

5 hours ago, DROVES said:

After adding to cart and then ignoring it until it sells out, I'll rest knowing that I won't have to be annoyed at having another acronym piece fall apart or de-laminate after a year-and-a-half of wear.

3 hours ago, NinjaGuyInToronto said:

I don't think gore-tex delamination is really the fault of ACR tho.  That's inherent to the material, and would be the case for any manufacturer using it. Do you find more success with gt in other brands?  Also do you find the construction quality of their products lacking?  So far I've been pretty mean to all of my ACR gear and its seems to hold up really well.  Even the seemingly fragile WS stuff has held together through all of my abuse.  I mean, it shows wear, but its clothing, not magic fairy dust.  It's not gonna stay new forever unless you leave it in the sandwich bag..

Agreed. I definitely am not expecting a manufacturer to magically improve the properties of GT. I find construction of ACR pieces to fluctuate depending on some of its features (such velcro cinch on sleeves exacerbating the creasing which creates friction and rips in a fairly consistent manner — and this is me not ever utilizing that feature at all).

edit: just remembered, every damn gravity pocket has created friction frays on each sleeve; so either i have velcro cinch tearing or gravity pocket tearing lol

Edited by sidneylo

6 minutes ago, sidneylo said:

Agreed. I definitely am not expecting a manufacturer to magically improve the properties of GT. I find construction of ACR pieces to fluctuate depending on some of its features (such velcro cinch on sleeves exacerbating the creasing which creates friction and rips in a fairly consistent manner — and this is me not ever utilizing that feature at all).

i had only one GT shell prior to my ACR discovery. that shell after 8 years had zero delam. 2/4 of my ACR have delam. And yes I granger etc.

11 minutes ago, eddyraddish said:

i had only one GT shell prior to my ACR discovery. that shell after 8 years had zero delam. 2/4 of my ACR have delam. And yes I granger etc.

How much had you worn that previous shell? Heavy wear/lack of proper washing are the major culprits. And ACR being style forward shit tends to encourage excessive wearing. 

1 hour ago, sidneylo said:

After adding to cart and then ignoring it until it sells out, I'll rest knowing that I won't have to be annoyed at having another acronym piece fall apart or de-laminate after a year-and-a-half of wear.

I have a J47A-GT, bought used, and have been wearing as my only non-hiking and non-gym day shell for a couple years now without babying, and the only delamination is a tiny 1cm spot that I accidentally left touching a heater.

7 hours ago, BRICK DOM said:

Acronym ain’t denims though homie you gotta wash regularly

Ok actual question tho, how often do y’all wash things? I was a denim guy for years so for instance my Momotaros got their first wash this winter after ~120 wears or so? 

With acr I find I wash pretty infrequently, Stotz I’d estimate 10 wears before I wash again, I’m not sure. When I do fabrication work in them I’ll usually do a week of wears and get them covered in abrasives and shit I just can’t wear them at home or to a friends as they’re gnar. But my J36-S has never been washed from last year’s drop.

Honestly DS is probably the same, I’ve never pondered this before so I don’t truly keep track, just gut check if it needs a wash? But I’ve never truly washed a GT, I’m sorry :|

20 hours ago, DROVES said:

Any speculation for the C1-AM and the like? I’d guess another 2 weeks before another drop if it didn’t appear today...

So far we got 3 products in march and 3 in april so my guess would be C1-AM, S23-AK and J84-S coming in another 3-4 weeks at the beginning of may.

19 hours ago, brainerd666 said:

How much had you worn that previous shell? Heavy wear/lack of proper washing are the major culprits. And ACR being style forward shit tends to encourage excessive wearing. 

i wore the shit out of the other one... and im not hating on acr, its just a fact that ive had delam when by all accounts my level of wear and washing, i should not have. maybe my closet is too warm... (that is different as i moved recently) and oil plus heat is a particular risk...