Acronym.

Westbrook

3 hours ago, Yan90 said:

Nope. J47A-WS has detached lower pockets with 3c zippers. There's no additional bulk

From the product page:

"Compression is aided by a specially designed center front zipper whose slim construction yields considerably decreased volume."

So in the perspective of the design team additional zippers and hardware add bulk + detract from packability in a jacket aimed at being "ultralight to degrees previously impossible"

8 hours ago, Nebulae said:

From the product page:

"Compression is aided by a specially designed center front zipper whose slim construction yields considerably decreased volume."

So in the perspective of the design team additional zippers and hardware add bulk + detract from packability in a jacket aimed at being "ultralight to degrees previously impossible"

Yeah, saw the product page. Thx. 

I mean that's one more gimmick from E.  

J47A-WS (with 3c zippers) has a perfect packabilty/compression, same as J61-WS (5c zippers). 

J82-WS pics show what looks like non-cargo P10A-DS, which I really hope will make a comeback. Is it reasonable to expect that to be the case? Not sure how often Errolson wears stuff from several seasons back in these pics.

9 hours ago, ukiro said:

J82-WS pics show what looks like non-cargo P10A-DS, which I really hope will make a comeback. Is it reasonable to expect that to be the case? Not sure how often Errolson wears stuff from several seasons back in these pics.

Forgive the obvious question, but wouldn't non-cargo P10A-DS just be...P10-DS?

14 hours ago, xc-mtb said:

would worry that the sleeves wear out at the J81.  But it looks really good.  Someone has experience with the J59.  Sleeves are similar there.

The cuffs on the 81 are the same fabric as the S21 if I’m not mistaken.

Have the 59 it’s very different, 2.5L GT(PL-like...) bonded to an elastic net.

10 hours ago, bboysparrow said:

Forgive the obvious question, but wouldn't non-cargo P10A-DS just be...P10-DS? 

Yeah I just wanted to be extra clear of which model I meant. I have like 8 pairs of P10 and still don't keep track of all the names.

Thanks moneytalks for the verification! I have a pair of the enfin leve clones incoming but now I'll be able to stock up on the real thing.

1 hour ago, nigel1 said:

Really like J81-WS from this drop, J82 is a bit costumey for me, P35 would be great without the strap.

speaking of ameztu they fit me much better than p10, at least they upgraded the moto cut

What has been upgraded about the ameztu from the p10?  Or you just prefer the cut?

I'm not an expert on clothing construction, but just as a regular user of both I feel like little things make that I find myself wearing ameztu more - for example placement of the articulaiton in DS fabric, better knee articulation (less knee bag, still same movement), angle of the back pockets, double snap,  overall sizing (works in my case though, might be entirely different for somebody else).

P35-DS just came in. First impression: i like it a lot! For me its a really fresh aesthetic, its somehow both typical acrnm without looking like "that" classical techwear pant. Same as the P30A-DS, its waist is really wide, but with the crotch being shorter. It still allows to be worn both low- and high- waisted. I personally prefer to wear them a bit higher, which results in a "cropped" - 7/8 look (again liking this a lot!) as they are overall not too long (around 96cm size m). I will take some fit-pics as soon as i have the time to.

clean fit i dig the versatility @dixonschneider

@nigel1 same here man,  was on the edge of snagging em' but was scared of the excess crotch material draping funny.  wasn't sure if the pic below was just styled lazily. 

gonna pass after confirming that but i dig the new cut otherwise

crotch 2.jpg

Edited by solo1