Acronym.

Westbrook

Would anyone with an NG4-AK say it's a suitable neck gaiter when not worn over the face? The pics seem to show a lack of structure, preventing it from staying tight around the neck.

Been searching for an NG9-PS with no luck, and might settle.

Thanks in advanced!

Edited by silat_hd

5 hours ago, silat_hd said:

Would anyone with an NG4-AK say it's a suitable neck gaiter when not worn over the face? The pics seem to show a lack of structure, preventing it from staying tight around the neck.

Been searching for an NG9-PS with no luck, and might settle.

Thanks in advanced!

It’s pretty floppy for that imo - I would get the NG5-AK if you want a gaiter and something that’s still out. It’s the same material and would fit better than an NG4 worn in a gaiter style. Neither will have the rigid powerstretch quality that you want but it’s still a nice material if you ask me. 

People are spending $325-$375 on a $25 zine :'( 

https://www.grailed.com/listings/13086736-acronym-acronym-z1-j1a

https://www.grailed.com/listings/13034890-acronym-z1-j1a-zine-publication

The big brain move would be for someone to scan their zine and share it on sufu so we can print our own. For the sake of art.

On 2/16/2020 at 7:18 PM, Avelix said:

Hi, anyone know if acrnm will help fixing a jacket that has started to delaminate

i do believe they are not able to deal with lamination. the fix kit is easy to go but just for some abrasion hole.

Better opinion is to contact your local gore repair centre to take chance, and yeah it could be your drawback of hardshell (true too for some softshell).

Also unconfirmed information here(judged by yourself)

Production in China is finished as this restock drop.

With the constant requests of getting a repair I would like to ask for your experience which type could last?

GT has a constant problem with delamination from my own experience with 4 or 5 different jackets and what we can read here and see at Grailed 

CH was great but creates a patina very fast. 

how about Stotz, SD and the new Nylon of the latest E named jackets?

have you tried paclite? im not sure delamination is possible with it.... but regardless I found it the easiest to keep clean, and being goretex it's not exactly going to develop patina or start thinning out like cotton.

i envy you j1a-gtv owners!

I think the common issue of delamination is purely due to improper care (e.g. infrequent washing due to fear of fading). It's the dry clean only mentality that comes with a $1k+ jacket, delamination is not inevitable and definitely avoidable with proper care.

Paclite feels to me like wearing a biodegradable plastic bag, Goretex Pro much preferred lol

6 hours ago, xc-mtb said:

With the constant requests of getting a repair I would like to ask for your experience which type could last?

GT has a constant problem with delamination from my own experience with 4 or 5 different jackets and what we can read here and see at Grailed 

CH was great but creates a patina very fast. 

how about Stotz, SD and the new Nylon of the latest E named jackets?

E - unbeatable af. no patina at all. still like new after evereday wear (about 6 months).

S creates patina faster than CH

CH- ( schoeller WB-400 softshell) has a constant problem with delamination too.

5 hours ago, overeasy said:

I think the common issue of delamination is purely due to improper care (e.g. infrequent washing due to fear of fading). It's the dry clean only mentality that comes with a $1k+ jacket, delamination is not inevitable and definitely avoidable with proper care.

Paclite feels to me like wearing a biodegradable plastic bag, Goretex Pro much preferred lol

I’m admittedly paranoid about this. Is there a “definitive guide” to cleaning floating around somewhere on this forum? Particularly the GT Pro. Also, the Acronym CS folk said for the J58-ws one should clean it monthly-ish.

6 hours ago, CARLOOA said:

Damn. There is a faq we compiled. Y’all lazy and shouldn’t be rewarded with responses.

Delamination is inevitable—especially with two different fabrics but proper garment care can considerably prolong useful life. 

Did not realize that was shared appreciate it.

For those others who are lost: 

17 hours ago, Yan90 said:

E - unbeatable af. no patina at all. still like new after evereday wear (about 6 months).

S creates patina faster than CH

CH- ( schoeller WB-400 softshell) has a constant problem with delamination too.

The patina you get from S is my personal favourite though. Without a dou t the most beautiful aging material acr offers.