Acronym.

Westbrook

8 hours ago, lv d0n said:

Opinions on the SM1-AK? 

Thinking of getting one for next winter. 

4 hours ago, NinjaGuyInToronto said:

Love it.  Very warm, and super soft.  Tassels are dope.  The fold into its own pocket feature is kinda useless tho. 

Seconded 

7 hours ago, NinjaGuyInToronto said:

Love it.  Very warm, and super soft.  Tassels are dope.  The fold into its own pocket feature is kinda useless tho. 

I use the option of the pocket very often and like it.

perhaps slightly off topic, but I thought this might be of interest to some here. linked to the Iowa fiasco are a super PAC advised by David Plouffe (UBER & Obama strategist) called ACRONYM. their spin off tech agency 'Shadow Inc.' supposedly built the app (that failed) to report the votes. if that nomenclature were a coincidence, the logo design...

quite literally another ACRONYM. https://www.anotheracronym.org/

nothing be sacred.

IOWA?Acronym.png

Screenshot 2020-02-05 at 07.52.06.png

Having worked in the design industry for more than 20 years now i'd like to note that there is a lot of convergent evolution in design. Sometimes you end up designing something that turns out to already exist, simply because you followed the same logic in designing it. It's happened to me before, and what looks like a copy can just be overlap in outcome. 

That said, the similarities in overall concept, down to the choice of type, are hard to interpret as mere coincidence. Edit: especially since they're stylizing the name in capitals in running text.

Edited by Inkinsurgent

"shadow" being some kind of spin off subsidiary really seals it. it's unfortunately not surprising at all that a disastrous attempt to combine political process and technology would be the hotbed of a misconstrued Acronym aesthetic. 

Speaking of Gibson... At his talk in London this week, I've noticed a few guys decked out in Acronym, rather unsurprising, I just wonder if it was someone from SuFu... 

Edited by Brainboy
Typo

54 minutes ago, Yardsale said:

I believe it was a J1b there wasn't a flak pocket (possibly because he's also left-handed like myself) and the flak pocket sucks for interops left-handers.

Interesting because the hood seems to be a micro-grid ting as far as I can tell. Maybe he's got a one-off o.O

16 minutes ago, msoldano said:

Interesting because the hood seems to be a micro-grid ting as far as I can tell. Maybe he's got a one-off o.O

That's what I was going to say. If anybody happens to run into him, please take a pic, would love to see that, although unlikely hahaha. 

A piece of garment was used in movement this could some best destiny of its own ( I believe spec sheet and the first kit printings already doing it well as official image archive intention ).
Personally I’m not a fanbook buyer here and  maybe with these printings profit the brand could improve the quality check of the garments or cutting down retail price or any of these.

And hell yeah me myself also post some film poster or I totally feel car dude or military dude post some nice ride or weapons at home but thank god it’s year 2020 and some clothing garments posters looool. Better go for some decent hotties nudies gal out there for god sake.

Edited by Xu Jianfeng

44 minutes ago, nathan_ said:

Can't wait for people getting their zines and trying to sell them on grailed lol.

Still going one. First at 500 USD!

sucks 

Edited by xc-mtb

Hey guess. Recently picked up this e-j2. However I have noticed differences from all the photos I've seen and wondering if anyone could explain. 

3 main differences I have noticed. 

Only 1 velcro for logo tape / magnet tape

An extra shoulder pocket 

An added chest pocket which looks from factory in both Patina and conscruction. 

Any help appreciated. 

Kinda new to this forum. Let me know if I've done anything wrong. 

IMG_20200211_201625.jpg

IMG_20200211_201642.jpg