Acronym.

Westbrook

after seeing that part of the video I reached out to the shop and the person who replied ended up buying my item for themselves, rather than for some kind of analyzation or deconstruction. it gave me some refreshing perspective. their standards for what it means for a garment to be outworn are clearly pretty high. wearing it everyday for 6 years, and then falling off a motorcycle while wearing it is probably about the bare minimum.

also nothing wrong with a local tailor if you're not dealing with a speciality fabric. just because the garments are produced to some degree of complexity doesn't mean they can't be adjusted or repaired by someone local to you. it's a big mistake to let a flaw like a hole or tear worsen while you wait for an email reply. been there.

13 minutes ago, Kamikaze said:

A valid ID # (tax, personal, deferment) required for clearance is missing.

this is new. will ups just reach out to acrnm to get this info?

I got a call from ups this morning and had to provide my social security #... 

Edit: also can confirm, j58 is China. Ups mentioned the product was from China. Although it's shipped from czechia I believe? 

57 minutes ago, hooper said:

after seeing that part of the video I reached out to the shop and the person who replied ended up buying my item for themselves, rather than for some kind of analyzation or deconstruction. it gave me some refreshing perspective. their standards for what it means for a garment to be outworn are clearly pretty high. wearing it everyday for 6 years, and then falling off a motorcycle while wearing it is probably about the bare minimum.

also nothing wrong with a local tailor if you're not dealing with a speciality fabric. just because the garments are produced to some degree of complexity doesn't mean they can't be adjusted or repaired by someone local to you. it's a big mistake to let a flaw like a hole or tear worsen while you wait for an email reply. been there.

That's pretty incredible. What piece did you sell? 

Edited by Ayayron

20 minutes ago, appolez said:

Yep, same thing happened with me re: SSN.  

The convenient thing is that I was able to apply a more specific HTS code for the J58 on the same call. I would advise everyone in the US to do the same to save some cash. 

What HTS code did you end up using? Was it one that is not impacted by the 15% China tariff? From what I can see, all the usual ones fall under those tariffs.

Just now, ogre said:

What HTS code did you end up using? Was it one that is not impacted by the 15% China tariff? From what I can see, all the usual ones fall under those tariffs.

Windbreaker/Man-made Fabrics/RPO/Water Resistant.  Still impacted by the 15% tariff, but still less than the 27.7% for the generic/miscellaneous codes that I've seen applied by default in my experience (which itself would be subject to the additional 15% tariff). 

On 1/16/2020 at 3:20 PM, AvantSol said:

V1.1 is climashield friend 

shit you're right checked my spec sheet

don't know why i thought the 1.1 was primaloft... so now i'm kinda salty thinking there is a thinner version available...

7 hours ago, dixonschneider said:

Yeah i know, upscaling seems to be hard for the brand, but you have to support your customer base, and basically denying service on products with the current pricing is just unacceptable. Especially if you praise sustainability as E is doing it right now with the so called "rep-iteration".

i just think this needs to be echoed. some things are to be expected of the mother - like infrastructure. if I pay $2k for a shell, i'd hope the people that made it love as much if not more than me. to not accept repairs (especially when preaching sustainability etc) is.. counter intuitive.

11 hours ago, SuE said:

On the other hand is it really sustainable to ship a jacket halfway around the world just to fix a minor issue?

They could ask for a small payment...or at least ask for the consumer to cover shipping. I'm sorry but if you can't offer solid customer service I don't think you should be running a business. Brands get away with it all the time and it's wrong and irresponsible. My ACR customer service experience wasn't terrible but I had to send 3 emails to get a response, and that was just for a jacket sling so. I really hope they can improve their customer support. 

Edited by DavidMN

1 hour ago, SuE said:

On the other hand is it really sustainable to ship a jacket halfway around the world just to fix a minor issue?

I get your point and it's not that I would not cover the cost for shipping (located in Berlin btw) and the repair. It's just that they have no real CS in general since years now and I would be expect a different answer when I pay 1,5k€ for a jacket which was 900€ two years ago btw.

I had 2 amazing repairs off them in the last 2 or 3 years. One where a tear on a GT pro sleeve disappeared to the point where they must have just replaced most of the sleeve. Another where they patched a hole in the back of another GT pro shell immaculately. Actually ... a third one they fixed J62-PB pockets (albeit that was their defect) after initially saying just use a local tailor. In all cases the repairs were silly cheap (15EU for the sleeve one) or free and UPSd back to me.

4 hours ago, SuE said:

point taken, but @henrisan says very clearly they're in berlin.. if that's true its borderline offensive to not offer on site repair.

12 hours ago, SuE said:

On the first glance, obviously not. But we’re talking about something that should last years and years. Also, some “minor” issue can grow into something more serious, holes can get bigger, etc. etc. - maybe this is still better than buying an entirely new one.

of course it is an interesting discussion, especially with this brand and customer base. I mean, a lot of people do possibly own a larger acrnm collection at this point. No offense at all, but it is maybe not so sustainable to own multiple gt pro jackets that got shipped all around the globe. On the other hand, most pieces are excellent second hand products. 

I'm interested in the J58-WS but unsure on sizing. I have a J78-WS small that fits perfectly. Not sure if that means I should get a S in the J58 as well or go with the size that has the most similar measurements which seems to be the XS. I'd prefer the J58 to have a slimmer look but I'm concerned about the bunching due to the cinch that people have mentioned. I'm 5'10" slim build.

13 hours ago, frenchbulldog said:

@JoseRizal USA. The UPS agent informed me that ACR listed it with the proper tariff code.

had a similar experience to everyone else.

UPS logistics reached out and asked for ssn and I used the opportunity to mention the tariff code. Person on the phone mentioned that although acr code was generic, they(UPS) applied their own specific code that brought it down to 4.2% (6201.99.1530), but they also mentioned that they would still have to apply the 15% china tariff so I'm not sure how you got out of that...

On 1/17/2020 at 10:01 PM, MangoSushi said:

Got hit with $434 CAD in duties and taxes lol... Has anyone ever declined the delivery and asked UPS to return the package without paying fees?

I have in the past, but the package was not from Acronym and it arrived via Canada Post not UPS. Canada Post just had me sign a form declining the package and they said they would return it to the sender. Now getting a refund from the shipper is another thing entirely.

Edited by HumphreytheWarrior
additional info.

Hello :)

I have a small bit of delamination occurring on my J1A 2.0,and am curious as how I should go about ensuring it doesn't get worse. 

I know I can't reverse or fix the delam, just curious how to keep it as is. 

Thanks in advance. 

On 1/17/2020 at 1:36 PM, Xu Jianfeng said:

For recent years, least 5. I wrote around 3 mails and filling the form to get any repair information.

Only one replied and it’s for 3a-1 limonta, quoting similar like yours and some “we will reaching you soon with some potentials solutions” the result is clear, 2 years later nothing ever updated. 

For another 2 repair form I kind assume they were directly ignored for “sustainable consideration”

lol

Never had a problem with the acrnm repairing service. Wrote about 5-7 emails. They've always solved my problems. 

Just received an answer from them within 2 days. 

Снимок.PNG

Does anyone have any experience replacing the main crotch zipper on acronym pants? 

The zip on my P10TS-DS broke and I need to get it fixed. Was given 2 choices by acronym, to send it back for repairs (but they said they were quite busy so it might take a long ass time) or they could send me the zip and get it fixed at a local tailor. 

Is there something special about the construction of that area, that would make me rethink taking it to a local tailor? Or is it a simple enough process where it would be hard to fuck up?