Acronym.

Westbrook

On 1/10/2020 at 7:43 AM, DavidMN said:

@wexler I've been considering P10 but they're somewhat price prohibitive- guess that comes with the territory though. I'm not very good with pants measurements, and like you say the rise on ACR pants are so varied (drop crotch, high waisted, etc) it's kind of difficult for me to interpret. Basically I'm size 30 waist (hip really) 34" inseam. The lack of any real archival for Acronym products makes me finding reliable measurements for older releases especially difficult, though I often assume older = bigger, at least that's true for the more skater "baggy" fit styles of like 08. 

Again, appreciate all the replies!

Gonna give you the same tip @hooper gave me like 5+ years ago when I was to get my first pair of P10s. Size acrnm pants lengthwise! 

Basically all ACR pants are really wide in the waist and meant to be worn belted. I'm a size 28 waist in most brands (wearing size 27 denim right now) but 180cm tall. I own P10s in both size S and M and while the size S makes for a casual spring pant where I can flash those ankles the mediums fit me much better lengthwise and also give more of that characteristic structural design/drape present in most ACR pants, achieving that iconic silhouette. In the winter I sometimes layer them with sweatpants which makes the effect even more prominent as they fill out the thighs and knees.

Ask around for others with similar body proportions as yourself and see what they're wearing but I'd predict you being probably a size L or so. Just tighten that waist with a cobra belt (narrow enough to pass through the belt loop on the fly) and you'll be fine. Worse case scenario you can always get a good tailor to alter them if the excess material in the crotch area bothers you too much. 

Edited by Endless
Grammar

I have the j1A2.2 and wore it for the first time. It is very stiff as already known. I was intending to get the j78 as a liner under.  I have not been able to try the j78 under the j1a before it sold out at Kithnyc here. I’m wearing the j1a with a denim shirt and undershirt, and a like mid layer ventrix hoody would be perfect, and feel the j78 would be too think to place under my j1a if i didn’t size down.  My question is did anyone on here get a j78 and j1a2.2 tts together? In this pic I’m wearing the p34 in a size s and j1 in a m. My usual tts is M in top and 31/32 M in waist. 
~Lefty

817E67D7-4869-4DCB-9B73-0BC48F79B134.jpeg

24 minutes ago, eddyraddish said:

let me clarify, i once sold on grailed to a buyer in russia and he claimed he never got it and asked for money back and i had no recourse with paypal. is there a way to send to a buyer in japan and not get stuck.

Ebay has a international shipping service, where you send it to shipping depot and they'll do the rest. 

@eddyraddish Use EMS to send to Japan, it's tracked and very quick. Japanese post is a lot more reliable than Russia. However at the end of the day, if the buyer turns around and says he never got what you sent, it's very hard to prove otherwise even with tracking. If you are really unsure of the buyer, insure the package for what its worth. It costs you extra but also protects you. It just means that the buyer is going to get hit with a hefty import tax bill. 

Avoid using Ebay's international service. It's not any safer and is simply an extra step in the shipping process and will add extra cost and time to how long the package takes to get to where it's going. 

8 minutes ago, kicks79 said:

@eddyraddish Use EMS to send to Japan, it's tracked and very quick. Japanese post is a lot more reliable than Russia. However at the end of the day, if the buyer turns around and says he never got what you sent, it's very hard to prove otherwise even with tracking. If you are really unsure of the buyer, insure the package for what its worth. It costs you extra but also protects you. It just means that the buyer is going to get hit with a hefty import tax bill. 

Avoid using Ebay's international service. It's not any safer and is simply an extra step in the shipping process and will add extra cost and time to how long the package takes to get to where it's going. 

thank you very much for this!

you can also pay extra for signature confirmation with some services. It’s not always available international, but worth looking into. That being said- if the buyer is a scumbag they can try to claim they received an empty box.

Also- If it’s a private sale I’d ask them for references from other buying sites if available. If they’re a member on here ask for refs from other members they’ve bought/sold to. 

@brainer666 Signature is a good option as well. However, I've had the unfortunate situation where someone had signed for the order, then the customer claimed he never got it. It then comes down to your word against theirs. Having said that, I've sold dozens of things marked as a gift and a lower value and 99% of the time it works out for everyone. 

20 minutes ago, alo1333 said:

mothership restock j58-ws

Primaloft instead of Climashield this time around. And some other subtle changes w the pockets.

Either way, I'm happy that they reissued the J58. Anyone looking for an insulator, this is 100% your go-to. I live in Toronto where it gets below 30 Celsius at times and this is definitely ACRNM's warmest insulator that I've ever tried.

35 minutes ago, alo1333 said:

mothership restock j58-ws and j78-ws

isn't this exactly the same as the 18/19 primaloft one, can someone explain
@erlsn's talking about it like it's all new.. 

is this also a made in china piece? 

10 minutes ago, Xu Jianfeng said:

cant tell but the retail price should be the same as secong issue.(3 models sofar right?)

figured it out from what @erlsn posted on ig, pocket redesigns that can't be seen from outside, hence reusing the same photos

all three look the same from the outside, V1 is climashield, V1.1 is primaloft, V1.2 is primaloft with extended/redesigned pockets (interior)

Just bought a J58 to replace my V1 (too small). I'm a little skeptical that primaloft gold active will be as warm as climashield, but happy the price didn't increase from the last release. Anyone have any experience with primaloft gold active?

If the weight is a factor, hopefully warmth will be on par as V1.2 is actually 30 grams heavier (534 v. 504).

Edited by RapGameTaylorSwift

On 1/16/2020 at 4:19 PM, msoldano said:

Really curious to see if this j58 will bunch up at the bottom. My true size rode up a lot and bulged in the stomach due to the aggressive cinch. Wondering if a size larger would solve or maybe this iteration isn’t as Elastic-y

Had the same problem.  Found it tedious. Just sitting and standing would require tugging it back down.  Sized up so I could wear it as a stand alone and not an insulator (nice with hoodie underneath) and its been my goTO when weather permits.   Curious if they changed the elasticity. 

Edited by Sureal

5 hours ago, Sureal said:

Had the same problem.  Found it tedious. Just sitting and standing would require tugging it back down.  Sized up so I could wear it as a stand alone and not a liner (nice with hoodie underneath) and its been my goTO when weather permits.   Curious if they changed the elasticity. 

Interesting, would you say sizing up solved the issue? Since my initial purchase of the 58 in M I have since grown to prefer L as a whole, probably going to grab the L see if it works out.

Acronym Repair Service looks like this nowadays: :rolleyes:

"Dear Henri,

We apologise for our lack of communication.

We are very sorry but unfortunately our capacities are very limited at this moment and we can only accept garments for repair that show more serious damages, even though we actually have to refuse most requests, since we have to focus on production of our own collections at the first point.

Our recommendation would be to take your garment to a local tailoring shop, if necessary we should be able to supply with some of the material but please not that there will probably be a slight difference in color since your garment has been washed and worn.

Thank you for your understanding and support.

Kind regards,
ACRONYM® "

42 minutes ago, henrisan said:

"Dear Henri,

We are very sorry but unfortunately our capacities are very limited at this moment and we can only accept garments for repair that show more serious damages, even though we actually have to refuse most requests, since we have to focus on production of our own collections at the first point.

Our recommendation would be to take your garment to a local tailoring shop, if necessary we should be able to supply with some of the material but please not that there will probably be a slight difference in color since your garment has been washed and worn.

Kind regards,
ACRONYM® "

At least you got a reply.. Nobody has responded to my email yet lol.

I've got a reply after I sent another email two weeks later with a slightly different tone.

Thought about to send my CV for the obviously open position as CRM.

But in times where Errolson praises sustainability and "less planes more trains" it's good to know that they focus on production for there "new" collection.

2 hours ago, henrisan said:

"Dear Henri,

Kind regards,
ACRONYM® "

For recent years, least 5. I wrote around 3 mails and filling the form to get any repair information.

Only one replied and it’s for 3a-1 limonta, quoting similar like yours and some “we will reaching you soon with some potentials solutions” the result is clear, 2 years later nothing ever updated. 

For another 2 repair form I kind assume they were directly ignored for “sustainable consideration”

lol

Edited by Xu Jianfeng

Yeah i know, upscaling seems to be hard for the brand, but you have to support your customer base, and basically denying service on products with the current pricing is just unacceptable. Especially if you praise sustainability as E is doing it right now with the so called "rep-iteration".

RE J58 Cinch: this is something a tailor can fix if it bothers you, of course you have to get rid of the original hem and replace it though. Tried it, works wonders. I see most people won't do it because it can affect resell-value.