Acronym.

Westbrook

On 9/20/2019 at 4:26 PM, etaoinshrdlu said:

last collection shorts had imo the perfect solution for the buckles, you have them, but you also have beltloops

The last collection of shorts was excellent. I bought 2 pairs. However, they could have ditched the rear pocket flaps (they just made accessing the rear pockets more difficult and raised the price for no good reason.)

Also, access to the side pockets was made more difficult by the rear-facing design. Increased design and manufacturing cost and zero utility!!! The left and right "phone" pockets were great!!  I missed the little internal pocket inside the front of the left pocket. I used it for usb drives and other small stuff.

Those corner extensions of the main left and right pockets continue to piss me off. Every friggin' Acronym creation has them. They are old, useless and . . . . . . . They trap everything from lint to whatever. They should have been abandoned long ago. I get my wife to sew them closed; but sometimes I miss and . . . . 

On 11/28/2019 at 2:21 AM, Calbeee said:

Hate to be that guy, but does anyone have fit pics with the J50S?  Been searching and only seem to be able to find stock pictures, and just a few other pics.

I was hugely considering the J78ws, but opportunity arose to buy a J50S for less than half the price of the 78.

Just not 100% yet as it the pictures I have seen look a bit more fitted than I prefer.

I would like to wear this as a stand-alone, as well as a possible liner inside my J28.  Never owned stotz so don’t know what that’s like as welll

Not the best, but a couple pictures of the J50-S in RAF. I usually wear this by itself, but have worn it as a liner a few times and it fits under my various GT shells in the same size.  

IMG_20191204_091058.jpg

IMG_20191204_091141.jpg

On 12/2/2019 at 3:23 PM, BRICK DOM said:

Also, anyone have further impressions of the p34-e? I've read a little bit about the encapsulated nylon fabric. Is it prone to pilling as was initially discussed? The pants look boring in pictures but I saw them last month at eliminator in Tokyo and they were much more interesting in person to me. Didn't have my size though so I couldn't try em.

I have these. Different feel than the HD but not by much unless you had em side by side. The waist side pockets are deep as well as the backs. I like the mezz pockets for quick access. It fulfilled all my needs use. I fit an iPad into the mezz pocket every now and again as well. 

In with regards to pilling on the fabric, I haven’t had this yet after multiple days of use. 
~Lefty

Edited by LeftyJeenyus

On 11/28/2019 at 4:18 AM, Yan90 said:

Have J65-AK. Dehairs like crazy. Definitely not a long lasting item. KM will show pilling with time instead of dehairing. 

IMO. The 65-KM/AK is bulky af under the shell. Only for over-shell/shirt purpose.  So, they aren’t super practical. 

I find the J65-AK to be somewhat itchy, picky, or scratchy. I have to wear a thick shirt or a jacket underneath or wear two layers of shirts underneath. It's warm and it's nice-looking when new but I must agree . . .it won't wear too well!

Edited by HumphreytheWarrior

18 hours ago, HumphreytheWarrior said:

I find the J65-AK to be somewhat itchy, picky, or scratchy. I have to wear a thick shirt or a jacket underneath or wear two layers of shirts underneath. It's warm and it's nice-looking when new but I must agree . . .it won't wear too well!

You guys just saved me a lot of money. Thanks. Was really looking into buying one but this sounds quite bad. Had the J65-AJ and returned it as well, same thing about the fabric (scratchy), also the cut was just not for me, especially the arms looked kinda strange, not anything like on the product pics.

17 minutes ago, dixonschneider said:

You guys just saved me a lot of money. Thanks. Was really looking into buying one but this sounds quite bad. Had the J65-AJ and returned it as well, same thing about the fabric (scratchy), also the cut was just not for me, especially the arms looked kinda strange, not anything like on the product pics.

V happy with the j65-km, not at all uncomfortable and it's probably the most cozy article of garment I own. While I agree it's bulky underneath a shell, it looks great on top and worn as a outer over a long sleeve. It also has quite a bit of stretch, something I didn't expect from such a thick cut of Merino wool. 

1 hour ago, jeddyhsu said:

V happy with the j65-km, not at all uncomfortable and it's probably the most cozy article of garment I own. While I agree it's bulky underneath a shell, it looks great on top and worn as a outer over a long sleeve. It also has quite a bit of stretch, something I didn't expect from such a thick cut of Merino wool. 

i would like to echo this sentiment, the merino is special. cozy and has natural stretch. i have fallen asleep in it more than once. really love it when acr works with organic textiles. this is such a lovely intersection of proven materials and forward thinking pattern engineering. god i love this thing. 

Didn't wanna repost pic i posted a couple weeks ago. included one more recent pic and one bonus - apple store employee asked to sketch me on an ipad. he liked the garms but apparently didn't like my face.

IMG_2691.JPG

IMG_2690.PNG

Edited by nodre

On 12/8/2019 at 10:11 AM, frenchbulldog said:

same

my pair just came in, pics soon

fit-wise, it's basically a P10 with half/elastic hem rather than a zip, has a nifty phone pocket on the right thigh and a zippered pocket on the left

fits a little more "formal" than a P10, and material has a crazy amount of stretch and is very breathable despite being pretty substantial in thickness

Edited by moneytalks

5 hours ago, dixonschneider said:

Any thoughts on the shakedry hood on the J36-S or the new J27-GT? Is it comfortable and does it hold up well against rain?

Can only speak to the J36-S, but the water resistance baffles me, worn through the past spring in nyc, and a bit this season so far and aside from a slight dampness after walking in central park for an hour in downpour, it’s been really good. I will say that as a person with a longer nose/face i get a little rain on face with the hood, but otherwise love it. Also it packs nicely and the outer face is good on skin imo.

Agreed with xbee, the overall waterproofness of the hood is great. Wore it a few times in a down pour and the jacket soaked through and the hood didn't. 

Although I dont know if the hood is shakedry on the 36-s. The 27-gt specifically calls it shake dry 2 layer while the 36 is a 2.5 layer hood.

Edited by AvantSol

A friend just got these and isn't sure if they are legit. I know there are pretty good fakes out there now so any one have any idea?
Size tag looks off and the care tag has misspelt words which leads me to believe they are fake but just wanted to get a second opinion/s to confirm (as the person he got it from insists they are legit).

Thanks

image0.jpg

image0.jpg

image1.jpg

image0.jpgimage1.jpg

image0.jpg

BHkJBsWkQz2CrQoHIKa4

eyxuT7TDoDZrDbn1EgHT

image0.jpg

cnF6EVFkQgGdCIqfsQcm

wPfUuV4FQJKKRjJiNsrI

Edited by outbrk

45 minutes ago, outbrk said:

A friend just got these and isn't sure if they are legit. I know there are pretty good fakes out there now so any one have any idea?
Size tag looks off and the care tag has misspelt words which leads me to believe they are fake but just wanted to get a second opinion/s to confirm (as the person he got it from insists they are legit).

Thanks

Reveal hidden contents

image0.jpg

image0.jpg

image1.jpg

image0.jpgimage1.jpg

image0.jpg

BHkJBsWkQz2CrQoHIKa4

eyxuT7TDoDZrDbn1EgHT

image0.jpg

cnF6EVFkQgGdCIqfsQcm

wPfUuV4FQJKKRjJiNsrI

Can't see all the pics coz only 4 loaded for me but from what I can see it looks fake.

2 hours ago, lxkhor said:

Can't see all the pics coz only 4 loaded for me but from what I can see it looks fake.

1 hour ago, thatslapz said:

Fake, misspelled words and size tag as you pointed out are the obvious giveaways but inside waistband is wrong and the fabric texture is off.

Thanks for the input, I'll link the seller to this thread.

23 hours ago, outbrk said:

Thanks

Hide contents

image0.jpg

image0.jpg

image1.jpg

image0.jpgimage1.jpg

image0.jpg

BHkJBsWkQz2CrQoHIKa4

eyxuT7TDoDZrDbn1EgHT

image0.jpg

cnF6EVFkQgGdCIqfsQcm

wPfUuV4FQJKKRjJiNsrI

comparable photos of my beloved real deals below. pretty obviously fake once you examine the details.

IMG_1146.JPG

IMG_1144.jpg

IMG_1150.JPG

IMG_1152.JPG

IMG_1149.JPG

IMG_1147.JPG

IMG_1145.JPG

EDIT: i feel like this thread is a pretty safe space, but if anyone thinks that posting details of legitimate garments on here is a bad idea so as to protect said details from being seen by untrustworthy eyes.. please let me know and i will take them down. i do not want to unknowingly contribute to the accuracy of the counterfeit industry.

Edited by nodre

5 hours ago, meccaNIZM said:

Curious about those as well... and the rest of the collection if it came in XL.

got the hat tho!

79F65C5E-8C1E-4B32-9CF8-53BDCD33588B.jpeg

here's a crappy photo, along with my custom Bagjack NXL and bagjack x eliminator belt (bagjackbois we out here) 
attached to the molle is a 3A-MP2TS to carry my vape (lol) and airpods (lolx2)
will take proper photos when i have time, i personally think it looks way better around the waist with a tucked in tee shirt.

IMG_9428.jpg

2 minutes ago, solo1 said:

can anyone confirm or deny that the p15 is basically the pant version of the p17?  or is there another cropped pant model that it is closer to in fit/ upper block. its been years. 

@xumatrix @daniel  any help on this 1 fellas?

cheers  

What you’re saying is correct. Also worth noting that the p31 is essentially the re-released p15

18 minutes ago, solographik said:

What you’re saying is correct. Also worth noting that the p31 is essentially the re-released p15

thank ya brother.  i guess maybe the fit is ever-so-slightly altered, otherwise i'm confused as to why they designed a whole new pant #.

Edited by solo1