Acronym.

Westbrook

5 hours ago, nodre said:

does haven typically not include ACR bag with its crumpled spec sheet? not super thrilled with the shopping experience.

I’ve always received the spec sheet and “official” ziploc from Haven along with their own branded baggie. But I’ve only bought from them in person at the store, so can’t comment on their mail order system.

Just now, emenel said:

I’ve always received the spec sheet and “official” ziploc from Haven along with their own branded baggie. But I’ve only bought from them in person at the store, so can’t comment on their mail order system.

after a 4 day handling period and two day transit period (transit was quick.. just took them 4 days to actually send it) to receive a retail ACR product in a large haven bag (to better accommodate the piece?) stuffed into a small box (then why the larger bag?) with a crinkled spec sheet.. i take issue with the whole transaction. not the kind of service (lack thereof) i'd expect after spending $900. AITA here? service was shit. 

1 hour ago, nodre said:

after a 4 day handling period and two day transit period (transit was quick.. just took them 4 days to actually send it) to receive a retail ACR product in a large haven bag (to better accommodate the piece?) stuffed into a small box (then why the larger bag?) with a crinkled spec sheet.. i take issue with the whole transaction. not the kind of service (lack thereof) i'd expect after spending $900. AITA here? service was shit. 

To be clear - I’m not defending them or denying your experience. That sucks.

did you contact them about it?

8 hours ago, nodre said:

does haven typically not include ACR bag with its crumpled spec sheet? not super thrilled with the shopping experience.

Which piece? The knit/wool pieces haven't came in the typical zip lock bags.

Edited by wexler

16 hours ago, wexler said:

Which piece? The knit/wool pieces haven't came in the typical zip lock bags.

J65-KM

17 hours ago, emenel said:

To be clear - I’m not defending them or denying your experience. That sucks.

did you contact them about it?

no, what are they gonna do? they didn't care in the first place.

On 11/18/2019 at 11:29 AM, NinjaGuyInToronto said:

If it's like the J50, you cannot access the interior pockets from the outside of the jacket.  They have dual-entry on the inside only.  The exterior pockets are separate and single entry.  

I just checked this. There is a loop under each armpit and at the back neck for the jacket sling. There are two external pockets and 2 dual entry internal pockets. Each internal pocket has a zip close to the chest pocket as well the secondary access deeper which is useful when the jacket is worn in sling mode. 

Below is my fit medium. I am 5’8. The jacket has some heft. I have a medium crewneck under. The cuffs are pretty tight as well. I could probably do without the crewneck even but was in a rush. 
~Lefty

9A819F87-B4AE-4EB8-B451-DE555C3CF90F.jpeg

Edited by LeftyJeenyus

Hate to be that guy, but does anyone have fit pics with the J50S?  Been searching and only seem to be able to find stock pictures, and just a few other pics.

I was hugely considering the J78ws, but opportunity arose to buy a J50S for less than half the price of the 78.

Just not 100% yet as it the pictures I have seen look a bit more fitted than I prefer.

I would like to wear this as a stand-alone, as well as a possible liner inside my J28.  Never owned stotz so don’t know what that’s like as welll

34 minutes ago, jeddyhsu said:

J65 owners, how do you like to wear your modular liner? (aux zipped, over-shirt w/o shell, over-shell, NTS?) Finally picked up a -KM.

Have J65-AK. Dehairs like crazy. Definitely not a long lasting item. KM will show pilling with time instead of dehairing. 

IMO. The 65-KM/AK is bulky af under the shell. Only for over-shell/shirt purpose.  So, they aren’t super practical. 

2 hours ago, Calbeee said:

Hate to be that guy, but does anyone have fit pics with the J50S?  Been searching and only seem to be able to find stock pictures, and just a few other pics.

I was hugely considering the J78ws, but opportunity arose to buy a J50S for less than half the price of the 78.

Just not 100% yet as it the pictures I have seen look a bit more fitted than I prefer.

I would like to wear this as a stand-alone, as well as a possible liner inside my J28.  Never owned stotz so don’t know what that’s like as welll

I had 2 x different J50-S and got rid of them cause I couldn’t stand the raccagni zipper. It is quite nice with the stotz layer and feels bulletproof but personally I infinitely prefer the J50-WS and J78-WS. J50 is quite fitted indeed if you ask me vs 78 so I prefer that as a liner. You could always size up on J50 but I always think that looks sloppy as the shoulders won’t align etc...

17 hours ago, RemarkableArmor said:

I had 2 x different J50-S and got rid of them cause I couldn’t stand the raccagni zipper. It is quite nice with the stotz layer and feels bulletproof but personally I infinitely prefer the J50-WS and J78-WS. J50 is quite fitted indeed if you ask me vs 78 so I prefer that as a liner. You could always size up on J50 but I always think that looks sloppy as the shoulders won’t align etc...

I’m curious what made you dislike the Raccagni zipper, since I love the one on my J47R. Was it a longevity issue?

20 hours ago, RemarkableArmor said:

Appreciate the feedback.  Don’t think the zipper would be too big of a concern for me.  My j28 Is an S, so I’m hoping the M in the J50 won’t have that snug fit I’m worried about 

11 hours ago, g.m said:

I’m curious what made you dislike the Raccagni zipper, since I love the one on my J47R. Was it a longevity issue?

It just didn’t work for me - I didn’t bother looking for a workaround as I just want something at that price to work as-is out the box else it goes back. Had to yank it down on one side to align it all the time etc. Same kind of reason why I got rid of the J59-GT as I couldn’t stand that zip either.

I have seen the raccagni zips work fine on other models though and clearly people got on ok with the J50-S apart from me. It has a great sturdy feel to the jacket and I was bummed not to keep it at the time. 

7 hours ago, daniel said:

any impression on the H5–AJ Air Jet Wool Hat yet, thanks for any comment!

I really like it. Super soft material, keeps me warm (I really have very short hair) and I haven't sweated yet when I'm on my bike or using it inside (e.g. subway).

It's quite a price, but I own the H4-AK and it's still in a good quality and I've been using it almost daily for the past 3 years during the winter season. I hope the H5-AJ will long so last as well.

On 11/29/2019 at 8:06 AM, daniel said:

any impression on the H5–AJ Air Jet Wool Hat yet, thanks for any comment!

warm, light, beautiful weave pattern. one size might be an issue, i know it was for a friend of mine. not keen on how umites is wearing it on mothersite, on my head its that shallow fisherman hat fit that i was looking for when fully pulled down. 

it likes to fray, keep depiller on hand and give it a good once over from time to time depending on how much head time it gets. great hat. $300 hat? no chance. but we're not here because of that. 

Edited by nodre

Heads up St Alfred has a promo that looks to be working on acronym ... J78 and j79 ...

Also, anyone have further impressions of the p34-e? I've read a little bit about the encapsulated nylon fabric. Is it prone to pilling as was initially discussed? The pants look boring in pictures but I saw them last month at eliminator in Tokyo and they were much more interesting in person to me. Didn't have my size though so I couldn't try em.

I do find the P-34E are prone to piling. I had mine tapered from the knee down so the piling works for me eventually. The material is comfortable and does rustle a little, extremely breathable and works in the tropics too. I am very happy with it, despite the slit cargo pockets on the side the pants retains its shape well when still or moving.

On 12/2/2019 at 8:23 PM, BRICK DOM said:

Heads up St Alfred has a promo that looks to be working on acronym ... J78 and j79 ...

Also, anyone have further impressions of the p34-e? I've read a little bit about the encapsulated nylon fabric. Is it prone to pilling as was initially discussed? The pants look boring in pictures but I saw them last month at eliminator in Tokyo and they were much more interesting in person to me. Didn't have my size though so I couldn't try em.

nice shout geezer, shame they don't ship outside of the usa as i would have been all over the j79.

Edited by scamster