Acronym.

Westbrook

1 hour ago, Konzentriert said:

which spray do u use?

Got them off of eBay. Listed as a friends and family pair. They don’t look like they’ve been sprayed or painted, the production quality is impeccable. Believe it or not I think they might actually be legit. Here’s a video that shows closer details:

2 hours ago, wexler said:

Aren't they the interior pockets? Copy should really list as 6 pockets total

Yes, those are the interior ones, which can be accessed from two sides (both zips for each pocket are inside the coat though). If you count the backwards-facing side pockets as separate, more like 6 on the jacket, yeah.

2 hours ago, schultheiscj said:

Got them off of eBay. Listed as a friends and family pair. They don’t look like they’ve been sprayed or painted, the production quality is impeccable. Believe it or not I think they might actually be legit. Here’s a video that shows closer details:

Dont want to rain on your parade, I would be skeptical about them if they dont come with the numbered card.

22 minutes ago, xh79 said:

Yes, those are the interior ones, which can be accessed from two sides (both zips for each pocket are inside the coat though). If you count the backwards-facing side pockets as separate, more like 6 on the jacket, yeah.

Oic they’re the same pocket lol. I thought they were separate compartments vs dual access. Thanks for clarifying.

Worked for Nike for ~5 years and nothing I love more than some samples/promos and f&f shit. And to be honest my hunch is telling me that there's nothing to be skeptical about! Those look fine. Seen plenty of influencers toss to the side whatever cool gear they get, try to return it, sell it online- whataveyou. Often sans all the packaging because they've thrown it out lol. You've come across a great find! The best way to tell difference or if they're indeed real or just a custom though is if you share with us a pic of the inner tag! Usually it'll say promo or something different than the GR model.

1 hour ago, msoldano said:

Worked for Nike for ~5 years and nothing I love more than some samples/promos and f&f shit. And to be honest my hunch is telling me that there's nothing to be skeptical about! Those look fine. Seen plenty of influencers toss to the side whatever cool gear they get, try to return it, sell it online- whataveyou. Often sans all the packaging because they've thrown it out lol. You've come across a great find! The best way to tell difference or if they're indeed real or just a custom though is if you share with us a pic of the inner tag! Usually it'll say promo or something different than the GR model.

Here’s a pick of the inner tag.

ABEEE636-91A6-4FD7-AB2B-BD03A5DCDDF8.thumb.jpeg.516a32752b15a40e8b755dcad3ebd096.jpeg

Edited by schultheiscj

16 hours ago, schultheiscj said:

Crazy find man! Definitely not sprayed, it's way too even and flawless of a chrome finish to be some hand-spray job. the knit looks perfect too. 

21 hours ago, xh79 said:

But why the caption of the photo says"Exterior JacketSlingǽ anchor loop"? I thought there is an entrance to the pocket from outside as well. 

Edited by dreamboatjustsoul

On 11/16/2019 at 8:00 PM, schultheiscj said:

Here’s a pick of the inner tag.

ABEEE636-91A6-4FD7-AB2B-BD03A5DCDDF8.thumb.jpeg.516a32752b15a40e8b755dcad3ebd096.jpeg

Ayyyyy there we go guy! Promo!!! You got yourself a grail!!!! They must’ve belonged to someone as most promos for running shoes / lifestyle shoes are either M9, or M10. Super great find. How much did you drop lol

5 minutes ago, msoldano said:

Ayyyyy there we go guy! Promo!!! You got yourself a grail!!!! They must’ve belonged to someone as most promos for running shoes / lifestyle shoes are either M9, or M10. Super great find. How much did you drop lol

Thanks for the advice on the tag, figured they were legit once I checked the tag and noticed promo. Already got them in a mirrored display case. Only ended up paying 300 for them.

761E84C3-B3B6-41FD-A87C-64FCE39487AD.thumb.jpeg.f81d6f0cb53bee29ec28485be1e3fe4e.jpeg

4 hours ago, schultheiscj said:

Thanks for the advice on the tag, figured they were legit once I checked the tag and noticed promo. Already got them in a mirrored display case. Only ended up paying 300 for them.

761E84C3-B3B6-41FD-A87C-64FCE39487AD.thumb.jpeg.f81d6f0cb53bee29ec28485be1e3fe4e.jpeg

Haha, this is sick dude. You work quick! Where'd you get the stencil/sticker at?

1 hour ago, NinjaGuyInToronto said:

If it's like the J50, you cannot access the interior pockets from the outside of the jacket.  They have dual-entry on the inside only.  The exterior pockets are separate and single entry.  

Yeah this is correct. The photo caption is just referring to the exterior loop for the jacketsling (sewn under the armpit area) if you want to mount the sling on the outside, I believe. 

1 hour ago, skycrawler said:

the teeth of the zip against the neck takes some getting used to

i was thinking i could never get used to this but glad you're into it.  excited to see which jackets they make with SD fabric in the future. 

on a different note, LA6B-AD came in today and I am surprised by how much I like it.  Got it thinking 'meh, lets just try it' and now I'm thinking I'll be wearing it everyday this winter and may never sell it

Edited by segue
typo

Does anyone mind taking a photo of the correct sling setup for the external points (I'd imagine internal are the same) on the J1A? I'm having issues with my EJ-1A with a new Acronym sling and I'm starting to wonder if it's because they've changed the length of the sling over the years. But I won't lie, the correct setup has always escaped me, the sling doesn't really like to return to correct position without me having to do it myself. I've tried looking through tons of the release photos and I haven't really found anything concrete. Thanks! 

Edited by DavidMN
Changed "sleeve" to "sling" stupid typo.

36 minutes ago, X.bee said:

Would probably help to show us the back and also how you're doing it. Putting on the jacket sling is pretty simple.

Heh, I never had issues with the sling on my J32-GT or J44L-GT but I think the issue lies in how the loops are on the EJ-1A. Mine is exceptionally old (2005ish?) and the loops are flipped the opposite way around from newer jackets. When the sling is done being used and I put the jacket on, the sling is just too long and the buckle too heavy for it to return to its "correct" position. Both my other ACR jacket slings always did, so I'm kind of assuming the sling has been changed slightly iteration to iteration. I do have the original sling so I'll compare them. I know it's kind of a stupid issue. Maybe I'm wrong, but here's a simple shot regardless. I appreciate the help. 

20191123_073210.jpg

Edit #2: nope, the jacket slings have the same length so I guess this is just something I'll have to learn to compensate for. 

Edited by DavidMN
Added more info