Acronym.

Westbrook

5 hours ago, danii said:

what makes people associate baggy drop crotch pants with "cosplay"? 

Speaking for myself, I would only use the phrase to describe designs where the seat is cut so that it hangs low, extending beyond the line of the leg, a la P30. I wouldn’t use it to describe all baggy and/or drop crotch trousers, certainly not the P17, nor the P23.

Does anyone with a J72-DS in L or XL have measurements/size charts saved? I'm thinking of posting a WTB in the other thread but need to clarify sizing. I've looked on Wayback and other places and can't find specs. Many, many thanks if someone can help here. 

33 minutes ago, eyeheartny said:

Does anyone with a J72-DS in L or XL have measurements/size charts saved? I'm thinking of posting a WTB in the other thread but need to clarify sizing. I've looked on Wayback and other places and can't find specs. Many, many thanks if someone can help here. 

Seems to be there:

https://web.archive.org/web/20181025074251/https://acrnm.com/products/J72-DS_FW1819

Sizing

S M  L XL
1/2 Chest 54 57  60 63
Length 71 74   77 80
Shoulders 15.5  16 16.5  17
Sleeves 63 65  67 69

I’m looking for my first Acronym jacket. The size charts were really helpful for pants, but the measurements for jackets don’t seem to make sense when it comes to the shoulder measurements. As an example, I’m a Large in tee shirts, and my custom dress shirts have 18.5” shoulders across the yoke measured on an angle from shoulder points to center neck.

The Acronym measurements are typically several inches shorter than that across multiple jackets. Am I missing something in how they measure? An XL jacket with 15” shoulders doesn’t seem like it’d fit anyone well who wears an XL otherwise so I’m sure there’s something I’m missing. Does anyone know how they measure shoulder width so I can translate my shirt/outerwear measurements to Acronym jackets better? Thanks!

Edited by eyeheartny

Shoulder measurements are from the neck seam to top of arm sleeve

Its listed on their site under sizing.

https://acrnm.com/sizing

Should keep in mind their jackets are not constructed like shirts. Collars on most of their jackets dont exactly sit right on the neck. I'd focus more on chest, length & sleeve measurements.

Edited by X.bee

25 minutes ago, X.bee said:

Shoulder measurements are from the neck seam to top of arm sleeve

Its listed on their site under sizing.

https://acrnm.com/sizing

Makes perfect sense now, thank you. The measurements add up just right when I deduct the neck width. 

Do you have an idea of how to parse the length measurement? The diagram looks like it starts well below where I’d expect it to. Lots of jackets measure from bottom of collar to bottom hem. This diagram isn’t totally clear where they’re starting. Any idea? And thanks again for help. 

On 9/9/2019 at 8:07 PM, junkie_dolphin said:

What's the overall length of the P30A with the extended cuff added? The measurements on the site seem to only list the outseam for when they're in 3/4 mode. Is "3/4 mode" to be taken literally here?

I've been discussing this with @junkie_dolphin over PM, but for the benefit of the thread, the measurements are as follows:

- medium with extended cuff 96cm, without cuff, ie. "3/4 mode", 78.5cm; and

- large with cuff 103cm, without cuff 84cm.

On 9/10/2019 at 2:21 AM, strikethrough said:

6'4" here with a 32/33-inch waist. I got my p23a-s' in L because i was concerned about length. The -S work for me only because they have belt loops, but then theres a lot of excess material in the waist that you kinda have to figure out what to do with... not sure how the -DS are in comparison as I dont have first-hand experience with the dual locking buckle system thats on them. I've heard they cinch down tighter than the Stotz ones? Length-wise, they're... okay i guess. Could use an extra inch or two to get a more baggy look like in the official product shots.

get an L. i'm 5'10" and the crop is already pretty aggressive in my Medium
there are no belt loops but the drawcords are much more functional than the p23 drawcord

as for the p23 what i find works best is not using the drawcord, and folding the excess at both sides, then belt over (you can also fold the excess at both sides of the fly in front for a slightly different drape)

10 hours ago, lopiteaux said:

I've been discussing this with @junkie_dolphin over PM, but for the benefit of the thread, the measurements are as follows:

- medium with extended cuff 96cm, without cuff, ie. "3/4 mode", 78.5cm; and

- large with cuff 103cm, without cuff 84cm.

Strange measurements...My size S - 77cm 3/4 mode.

Im 178 cm (5'10" ).

Definitely size S is the right choice for that height. 

PS. all my other measurements (halfwaist, outseam, inseam, hem) are really close to measurements from mothersite (+/- 1 cm). 

39 minutes ago, Yan90 said:

Strange measurements...My size S - 77cm 3/4 mode.

Im 178 cm (5'10" ).

Definitely size S is the right choice for that height. 

PS. all my other measurements (halfwaist, outseam, inseam, hem) are really close to measurements from mothersite (+/- 1 cm). 

I’ll measure up again this evening to be certain, and will post some photos. The ones I took last night didn’t come out too great as I’m on a backup phone.

B663CF5C-F23D-43DA-9571-AF9C7E85A2A8.jpeg

B5C779B7-0583-4294-9575-B738A6A4E2DC.jpeg

21 minutes ago, iamundying said:

almost 7cm difference in length from one size difference does seem a bit extreme i must say

Agree. As mentioned, I'll redo the measurements this evening, and add high-res photo evidence.

My thinking is that the discrepancies are due to the starting positing on the waistline. It seems fairly obvious given the above photo, as the waist rises at a ~20 degree angle versus the perpendicular of the tape.

Feel free to suggest alternate methodologies for measuring, I'm more than happy to be corrected.

as many people have said before – whatever waist size you are, don't bother. it's height. if you don't have excess at the waist, something is terribly wrong. they're designed to be cinched. BUY FOR YOUR HEIGHT!

A question for the J61-WS owners out there... Given the roomy measurements, would you suggest staying true to your normal ACRONYM size, or would it be an option to size down?

I'm a large in all of my jackets (except the J69-GT and J47A-WS), with room to spare, so am thinking that I could get away with a medium. Or would this ruin the profile?

The rest of my acr pants are size M but p30a-ds is S.

My height  5'11" (180cm) and weight  176 lbs (79kg)

I usually wear pants on my hips, but I took photos with regular fit.

PS As for jackets, I like the way M size looks. But, for example, j36-s size M is a little small for me. And s-j4ts size M is very small.

001.jpg

002.jpg

Edited by Z-11

27 minutes ago, lopiteaux said:

A question for the J61-WS owners out there... Given the roomy measurements, would you suggest staying true to your normal ACRONYM size, or would it be an option to size down?

I'm a large in all of my jackets (except the J69-GT and J47A-WS), with room to spare, so am thinking that I could get away with a medium. Or would this ruin the profile?

I took TTS (small) and found I couldn't really layer under it how I wanted to. Sized up and it's much better. So I think at the very least I'd take TTS.

57 minutes ago, lopiteaux said:

It runs 1 size bigger. A-frame cut is pretty roomy. 

Edited by Yan90

54 minutes ago, lopiteaux said:

Are we eyeing the same jacket on eBay?