Acronym.

Westbrook

Just finished (skim) reading all pages dating back to October last year, I haven't been on for a minute, it's good to see this still going. Definitely the older users.

A question if I may, opinions and reviews of the Infinium (-fo) fabric? In hand colour (it changes quite a lot depending on the photo) and durability? How well, or poorly, does it age?

I'm not sure what it is but there's something that's really attracting me towards the J46-FO but I go through mood swings in regards to the fabric. Anyone got the J46-FO and could share their experience with the piece? 

Any information would be great. Fit pics would be amazing! 

Thanks.

2 hours ago, Yoshiii said:

Just finished (skim) reading all pages dating back to October last year, I haven't been on for a minute, it's good to see this still going. Definitely the older users.

A question if I may, opinions and reviews of the Infinium (-fo) fabric? In hand colour (it changes quite a lot depending on the photo) and durability? How well, or poorly, does it age?

I'm not sure what it is but there's something that's really attracting me towards the J46-FO but I go through mood swings in regards to the fabric. Anyone got the J46-FO and could share their experience with the piece? 

Any information would be great. Fit pics would be amazing! 

Thanks.

I think I posted about it a while back. I love my J46-FO. I encourage all Acronym fans to try a FO piece eventually. My only complaint is that the collar doesn't look great when you squish the hood all up in it, but I'm fine with just leaving the hood out. J46 is _the_ long cut Acronym design and FO is the most futuristic fabric they offer so I don't think you can go wrong here.

On that topic it would be cool to see a J68-FO or an insulated J65-FO with a hood come to fruition.

3A-2 arrived today. Not exactly a new piece, so I doubt I have much to add, but it’s interesting to me that these bags haven’t been updated at all for current technology in the way that the pants often have been. The pocket within the main pocket of the bag isn’t really big enough for most things—pens, maybe, or keys, but it’s a bit too snug for a phone or wallet.

The strap is also very, very long, but for those lefties out there, the entire bag can be flipped around by taking the strap out and switching it around.

The black x-pac is nice, though honestly I’m all about the olive—both my 3A-1 and 3A-5TS are olive, and it’s aged really well. But I guess olive doesn’t sell as well as black does?

12 minutes ago, junkie_dolphin said:

3A-2 arrived today. Not exactly a new piece, so I doubt I have much to add, but it’s interesting to me that these bags haven’t been updated at all for current technology in the way that the pants often have been. The pocket within the main pocket of the bag isn’t really big enough for most things—pens, maybe, or keys, but it’s a bit too snug for a phone or wallet.

The strap is also very, very long, but for those lefties out there, the entire bag can be flipped around by taking the strap out and switching it around.

The black x-pac is nice, though honestly I’m all about the olive—both my 3A-1 and 3A-5TS are olive, and it’s aged really well. But I guess olive doesn’t sell as well as black does?

Arrived for me too. I was a little skeptic about the black x-pac as well, but so far so good. I really enjoy the contrast with the buckle hardware and the pure darkness of the black x-pac. I've also always wanted 3a2 in x-pac, the perfect combo imo.

The strap itself feels cheaper than my laminate 3a2, but same length and measurements overall it seems. I've always liked how long this shoulder strap is compared to other 3a models.

I personally love the smaller interior pocket, yes it doesn't hold our giant cellphones, but i think that's what this bag itself is kinda for (or i always personally use the back mesh pocket). The interior pocket which measures 5.5" deep however works excellently for pens, airpods, various cards (card holder if you use one), cash or coins, trinkets and totems, it even stores my glasses perfectly and well protected. And as for the main compartment, I'm always taken back but just how much it can store. I could literally come up with 100 examples of carrying capacity. I just walked to my friend's place with my switch, two extra joycons, aoku 160616 mod (fully loaded), glasses, keys and wallet. Hopefully decent enough example, and no shoulder pain!

Great bag, can't wait to see how this new x-pac ages.

10 hours ago, hooper said:

I think I posted about it a while back. I love my J46-FO. I encourage all Acronym fans to try a FO piece eventually. My only complaint is that the collar doesn't look great when you squish the hood all up in it, but I'm fine with just leaving the hood out. J46 is _the_ long cut Acronym design and FO is the most futuristic fabric they offer so I don't think you can go wrong here.

On that topic it would be cool to see a J68-FO or an insulated J65-FO with a hood come to fruition.

Yeah! 68 would be a good and maybe obvious one for the full leather-look rider jacket!

Has anyone redyed RAF stotz before ? 

I'm cool w the method just wondering if there is any no no green dyes / what the best colour or brand to use is.

Only ever done black.

Thanks in advance

1 hour ago, GUNDAM said:

Has anyone redyed RAF stotz before ? 

I'm cool w the method just wondering if there is any no no green dyes / what the best colour or brand to use is.

Only ever done black.

Thanks in advance

What dye did you use for black stotz? I have some P9-S's that I'd like to redye a bit darker, but I have been hesitant since I don't really want to ruin the waistband details. 

21 minutes ago, DavidMN said:

What dye did you use for black stotz? I have some P9-S's that I'd like to redye a bit darker, but I have been hesitant since I don't really want to ruin the waistband details. 

I used dylon black dye before not the chuck in the washer one but the hand dye one. Worked fine, others on here have mentioned rit and i have some of that sitting at home and that looks v black so will probably try that next time.

1 hour ago, GUNDAM said:

I used dylon black dye before not the chuck in the washer one but the hand dye one. Worked fine, others on here have mentioned rit and i have some of that sitting at home and that looks v black so will probably try that next time.

Thanks! Will have to try Dylon. In my experience, black Rit dye normally comes out being a very dark bluish black, I've only had luck with it dying to almost pure black on 100% cotton shirts.

3 hours ago, DavidMN said:

I have tried dying black stotz multiple times and it has not been successful  -- the egyptian cotton mechanism  ( the fabric tightens up, and the pores close, in order to reduce water absorption)

actually works too well, making it so the liquid dye can't penetrate the fabric deeply. 

If anyone has had real successful getting a deep black, let me know.. 

1 hour ago, solo1 said:

I have tried dying black stotz multiple times and it has not been successful  -- the egyptian cotton mechanism  ( the fabric tightens up, and the pores close, in order to reduce water absorption)

actually works too well, making it so the liquid dye can't penetrate the fabric deeply. 

If anyone has had real successful getting a deep black, let me know.. 

I got bleach on my p10 about 2 years ago. Got in touch with Stotz and they said regular dye wouldn't work as it won't stick (don't remember the exact technical reason). People here suggested India ink and it has worked wonders. Obviously, I used it to dye a small patch so I don't know how practical it would be to use to dye an entire piece. 

15 hours ago, DavidMN said:

Thanks! Will have to try Dylon. In my experience, black Rit dye normally comes out being a very dark bluish black, I've only had luck with it dying to almost pure black on 100% cotton shirts.

Ahh dylon gives similar results its always goting to have that blueish tint i think w dyes to a certain degree. 

Maybe try india ink as post above.

5 hours ago, xc-mtb said:

Hello,

any new experience with the glasses? Prescription was possible?

best regards 

prescription is possible on any glasses/frames, unless acronym superglued the lenses onto the frames which is highly unlikely. any optician would be able to pop the lens out and install your prescribed lenses in. however, the problem is you wouldn't be able to get your prescription onto the colour tinted lenses so it would just be clear.

Edited by deathrazr
confirmed with optician friend, prescription colour lenses is doable

2 hours ago, deathrazr said:

prescription is possible on any glasses/frames, unless acronym superglued the lenses onto the frames which is highly unlikely. any optician would be able to pop the lens out and install your prescribed lenses in. however, the problem is you wouldn't be able to get your prescription onto the colour tinted lenses so it would just be clear.

Can confirm that tinted lenses with prescription is doable.

A comparison in case you guys want to do the same. The lenses taken off the frame are the original ones.

aaaa.jpg

Edited by rogerhuangxj

4 hours ago, rogerhuangxj said:

Can confirm that tinted lenses with prescription is doable.

A comparison in case you guys want to do the same. The lenses taken off the frame are the original ones.

aaaa.jpg

Is it complicated or daily business for them? I have -3.75 and the frame looks straight so normally nothing critical for a lens 

9 hours ago, xc-mtb said:

Is it complicated or daily business for them? I have -3.75 and the frame looks straight so normally nothing critical for a lens 

It’s daily business for most places. Try to find one that’s used to doing designer frames, and it helps to check some reviews and look for places where folks share stories of taking in their frames to have prescriptions put in. I’ve found most shops are excited to see/work with frames from designers they don’t see often.

17 hours ago, HeckHouse said:

It’s daily business for most places. Try to find one that’s used to doing designer frames, and it helps to check some reviews and look for places where folks share stories of taking in their frames to have prescriptions put in. I’ve found most shops are excited to see/work with frames from designers they don’t see often.

Many thanks. Probably will give it a try