Acronym.

Westbrook

15 hours ago, daniel said:

3A-WB2 will be in by tomorrow, 154cm seems not to long, i will post an impression

That would be great!

I whish they would produce more belts. I was again too late this time, but maybe with the FW1920 drops they will release a few more!

9 minutes ago, wexler said:

aa.thumb.jpg.247cb0cc50749f77ee01bd604ddbb6ca.jpg

Main view [ With J47-GT and P32-S ]

Bruh...says it right on the product page.

image.thumb.png.fb54857afa3101a0bd34217840291785.png

They're referring to the last image which doesn't have the jacket listed and isn't a 47 if you look at the hood and you can see the holster pocket and cuff details of...a 76.

19 minutes ago, Tilore said:

image.thumb.png.fb54857afa3101a0bd34217840291785.png

They're referring to the last image which doesn't have the jacket listed and isn't a 47 if you look at the hood and you can see the holster pocket and cuff details of...a 76.

The ole bait n’ switch lol. Mb, the holster zip is pretty telling.

18 hours ago, daniel said:

somehow I like the 3A bicolor Kompression buckle detail on the 3A2

same! I couldn't think of an excuse for buying it. I would have liked to see this in the olive xpac. I was tempted to DIY a 3A-2 by using a 3A-MK2 + strap. 

maybe 3a-9 will return too?

Posted a quick first impression of the 3A-5 on the discord already but I figured I'll post this here again..

The white inner compartment is completely removeable, aswell as the inner two front pockets and ofc the laptop sleeve. If you remove everything via the velcros its like the usual 3A xpac inside. The cover flap is really thick and heavy, but I feel like the bottom should have been reeinforced a bit more because the bottom is also just regular xpac thickness.

The cool thing is you can either put the laptop sleeve behind the inner compartment, carry it over/inside the inner compartment or you can attach the laptop sleeve at the fixed velcro on the cover flap extension and completely remove the inner compartment, which only leaves the sleeve and 2 inner pockets.

As expected, 3 point system feels good and certainly does a good job. All of the buckles are still pretty stiff and require a bit more force to open, which is normal I guess. If you pull all of the buckles up you can fit a good amount of stuff inside, especially If you remove everything including the laptop sleeve (fr its huge).

The Front pockets can nearly fit a 1l arizona tea (2cm too short, was the only bottle I had rn lol). 

Like already shown in the product pics you can put up to three mods around the bag, one on each side and one at the front. You can also tighten the top with a via elastic band which you can pull on a little raf fabric on the right side. You also have a little loose strap on the inside of the bag, in the middle. To acces it, you have to remove the inner compartment + the two inner pockets (its under the velcro line).

I'll show pics of some details around the velcro system on the inside, overall details of the bag and strap system and fitpics with various loads and different strap carry.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/pwkfumwx7twvjm0/AAC-1eXo92prDqb59O15v21pa?dl=0&m=

Fitpics where the bag has near no structure are taken with everything removed and only my 3a-1 l2 as weight inside. The pics where the bag shows structure and the cover is completely closed are with everything attached on the inside + 3a-1 as additional weight and rubber band tightened. 

One thing thats interesting is that at the bottom of the laptop sleeve is printed the following:  "2017  3A-5TS"

30 minutes ago, Yardsale said:

I really love the 3A-5 design but for the amount of travel I do, I'd still rather stick to my 3A-1 (for day to day) and have a tote or duffel on the side. What are you guys using?

More or less my exact reasoning for not springing for the 3A-5. My 3A-1 is perfect for my daily commute (especially on the New Jersey PATH train, which tends to be PACKED in the mornings).

I'd looooove a 3A-5 for travel but it's just not something I do super often these days.

46 minutes ago, Yardsale said:

I really love the 3A-5 design but for the amount of travel I do, I'd still rather stick to my 3A-1 (for day to day) and have a tote or duffel on the side. What are you guys using?

I've got a 3A-1, 3A-5TS, and now a 3A-2 coming. I alternate between the 3A-1 and the 3A-5TS for daily use, and would travel with the 5 were I going on a trip for a week or more.

Maybe it's not actually practical from a design perspective (meaning I'm sure they've thought of this and it doesn't work) but it would have been really cool to see a 3A-2 with tec-sys compatibility, so that it could be attached to the outside of the 5TS when traveling, and then detached and used as a daypack when you've arrived wherever.

Edited by junkie_dolphin

11 minutes ago, junkie_dolphin said:

I've got a 3A-1, 3A-5TS, and now a 3A-2 coming. I alternate between the 3A-1 and the 3A-5TS for daily use, and would travel with the 5 were I going on a trip for a week or more.

Maybe it's not actually practical from a design perspective (meaning I'm sure they've thought of this and it doesn't work) but it would have been really cool to see a 3A-2 with tec-sys compatibility, so that it could be attached to the outside of the 5TS when traveling, and then detached and used as a daypack when you've arrived wherever.

It’s called 3A-MK2.

18 minutes ago, lxkhor said:

except its not really a 3a-2 without the QLQR strap now is it? 

I think mk2 is without the back mesh pocket and the inner pocket, btw mothersite has both product shots

really wish 3A-2 could be somehow attached on my 3ts without straps. what is the single D ring at the back for?

2 hours ago, dreamboatjustsoul said:

I think mk2 is without the back mesh pocket and the inner pocket, btw mothersite has both product shots

really wish 3A-2 could be somehow attached on my 3ts without straps. what is the single D ring at the back for?

My guess is for carabiner/keychain 

On 8/5/2019 at 11:00 PM, daniel said:

3A-WB2 will be in by tomorrow, 154cm seems not to long, i will post an impression

Mine came in yesterday, hadn't had the chance to measure it yet - the package says 140cm which i think could be quite accurate. I'm a quite slim guy so it is a bit long but i still like it. I now ordered some acronym-esque plastic clips (as seen on the 3A-1 or 3A-3TS QLQR System) to hold the excess.

(Edit: i just measured it and it is in fact 140cm long)

Quick Review: The belt itself is pretty nice. Reduced, minimal, and very slim - as opposed to some cobra belts which are really thick and heavy. The d-ring "lock" works buttery smooth and the quick release strap is a nice addition to it. I ordered the black/olive colorway without knowing what it really is. The color is nice, one side of the belt is black/olive, the backside black - which results in kind of a bicolor look because of the excess length which is almost 50% of my waist. 

Edited by dixonschneider

I agree it's a bummer the 3A-2 doesn't come with proper tec-sys compatibility, but I guess if it did they wouldn't be able to sell any MK2 anymore:P

That said, you can actually use slotted loops on the top strap of the 3A-2 and attach it to another bag. Unfortunately the bottom strap doesn't line up with the webbing, but the bag isn't dangling around too much even without any bottom fixation. The shoulder strap nicely tucks into the backside mesh pocket, too.

Here's some pics - sorry for the bad quality, but I guess you get the idea.

mqm013c.jpgZPwkgUk.jpgQ3VrBii.jpg

On 8/8/2019 at 5:59 PM, dixonschneider said:

Mine came in yesterday, hadn't had the chance to measure it yet - the package says 140cm which i think could be quite accurate. I'm a quite slim guy so it is a bit long but i still like it. I now ordered some acronym-esque plastic clips (as seen on the 3A-1 or 3A-3TS QLQR System) to hold the excess.

(Edit: i just measured it and it is in fact 140cm long)

Quick Review: The belt itself is pretty nice. Reduced, minimal, and very slim - as opposed to some cobra belts which are really thick and heavy. The d-ring "lock" works buttery smooth and the quick release strap is a nice addition to it. I ordered the black/olive colorway without knowing what it really is. The color is nice, one side of the belt is black/olive, the backside black - which results in kind of a bicolor look because of the excess length which is almost 50% of my waist. 

The previous 3A-WB2 olive color says 144 cm on spec sheet. That means new 3A-WB2 is shorter. It says gen 1.1 on new 3A-WB2 specsheet and gen 1 on previous one. No any upgrade at all.

For 3A-2, I compare it(new xpac 2019)  with the og(olive green). Construction is completely the same. nothing changed apart from the type of zipper used at the mesh area, I dont have the L2 version to compare with but should be identical construction as well. 

30 minutes ago, darkart said:

For 3A-2, I compare it(new xpac 2019)  with the og(olive green). Construction is completely the same. nothing changed apart from the type of zipper used at the mesh area, I dont have the L2 version to compare with but should be identical construction as well. 

We're going to need some pics of that OG 3A-2!

14 hours ago, Kamikaze said:

Weird question but how do you stop the p30a fabric from bunching up in the front? I would much prefer it bunching up in the back of anything haha. 

Yeah sadly, the new belt is not an improvement over the old. A real hindrance... I figured my way around it by angling my waist downwards almost like beginning deadlift stance and doing a few partial cinches whilst pushing the fabric back.