Acronym.

Westbrook

5 hours ago, junkie_dolphin said:

Well I guess the questions thread is gone, so if anyone can tell me what the buckles on the left of Errolson's 3a-5ts are, I'd be appreciative. They look like compression buckles, but they're all female?

12.jpg.jpeg

507e91ff3c84c48f83c9208ac79a3646d2b9634f

actually I would like this to RETURN!!!

received my size p31 today. don't have any fit photos but i can say that the p31 fit is almost the same as the p23a without the cuffs. the drop on the crotch is the same and almost the same exact length. these will be great every day pants.

i added a photo which might be hard to see. p31 over p23a over p30 laid flat for anyone who would think the drop was too low

. IMG_7883.thumb.jpg.f2fd493006223f2bb0f5b62d59123083.jpg

Edited by Kamikaze

Can anyone help me understand the difference between J47 and J47R? I know it’s the Raccagni or “revised” edition, but the only differences I can notice from online photos and descriptions are the logo tapes being parallel on the R edition, much appreciated!

Reverse seam and zip are the biggest froward facing design changes. I really dug the reverse seam and zip when I owned one. Gives it a very aggressive look when wearing. I’d still own it if I didn’t dislike wearing 3L so much. 

Edited by brainerd666

On 6/28/2019 at 3:32 PM, Danwise said:

Yeah, it's wonderful.

Only managed a handful of solid wears, was lucky there happened to be a cold spell just before the rain season/hot weather kicked off here.

It's the first GT I've been interested in in a while, apart from the J16 update. Getting used to the noise again was interesting. Last GT I owned was a J43A, about 3-4 years ago maybe and I sold it not long after buying.

It has so many great features but still simplified and light.

I'm normally an XL in Acronym but after a good measure (or 20-30...) of my J46-S it was clear the L would be sufficient. I could easily fit a tee/sweater/liner combo under there. J74 and J63A zip right in. It's very roomy, in the best way. There's a lot less skin contact inside so wearing with just a tee or a tank feels good. Used the snap closure almost every time (except during a good downpour one night). Looking forward to zipping up properly over next winter.

The shock cord really affects the shape quite drastically. The cuffs are brilliant - I was worried about becoming steamy/hot in the sleeves - but they breathe very well.

I'm reasonably tall - 191cm and the shape/silhouette looks good with a slimmer pant (P10A) or low/wide swag (P23A). In original config it's a unique piece - but versatile too, in the sense that if you whip the hood off it's a nice simple black bomber which changes the feel completely.

So happy with it overall.

I think this jacket is seriously awesome but they killed it for me again with a zipper that you can’t use without yanking it down to align and takes me like 5 goes each time...which for £1400 I just can’t really accept. As I’ve moaned when this happened on other models in the past I expect seamless usage for Acronym items. I shouldn’t be fighting a zip on an item made by the kings of articulation. I’d really like to keep it but I think this actually came out as the most expensive acronym jacket I ever bought which is mad. Same issue elsewhere or did I get a bum one?

2 hours ago, RemarkableArmor said:

I think this jacket is seriously awesome but they killed it for me again with a zipper that you can’t use without yanking it down to align and takes me like 5 goes each time...which for £1400 I just can’t really accept. As I’ve moaned when this happened on other models in the past I expect seamless usage for Acronym items. I shouldn’t be fighting a zip on an item made by the kings of articulation. I’d really like to keep it but I think this actually came out as the most expensive acronym jacket I ever bought which is mad. Same issue elsewhere or did I get a bum one?

Many tries grappling with the raccangi on my J50 taught me how particular a zip can be - that said it’s since gotten a lot easier, not sure if it’s just technique or wear...

...but the 59 zipper seemed okay on the few wears I’ve managed. Only thoughts, I wish it were a raccangi purely because the thicc chunky zipper just fits the aesthetic of the jacket.

Thanks for the feedback. It’s a real shame but I think mine’s going back. I really love it otherwise but I just feel like at that price tag it needs to be perfect. Sent my J50s back for that reason as well. Nice to hear they broke in but I just didn’t want to risk it...

Also noticed the 59 had a bit of a weird smell out of the box (?) ... very strong glue kinda smell 

10 hours ago, RemarkableArmor said:

Thanks for the feedback. It’s a real shame but I think mine’s going back. I really love it otherwise but I just feel like at that price tag it needs to be perfect. Sent my J50s back for that reason as well. Nice to hear they broke in but I just didn’t want to risk it...

Also noticed the 59 had a bit of a weird smell out of the box (?) ... very strong glue kinda smell 

I had the same issue re:zip on both my J47R and my 3TS and they both broke in after awhile. I was pretty disappointed with the J47 more so because of that at first, but once it broke in it felt great. 

9 hours ago, brainerd666 said:

I had the same issue re:zip on both my J47R and my 3TS and they both broke in after awhile. I was pretty disappointed with the J47 more so because of that at first, but once it broke in it felt great. 

Good to hear! Tbh the raccagni on my 2015 3A-1 still zips like ass so I haven’t had great experiences. If you can tolerate the zip issue (and it may well break in) I highly recommend the J59-GT - love the aesthetic and it feels like some kind of all-enveloping bulletproof armour...would have loved to experiment with layering in the colder months too! As it stands I’m gonna have to wait for something new. What zip did they use for the CH version anyone btw? Thanks

edit: also got my 31s and super-pleased. Helped cushion the blow a bit as I’ve been a bit frustrated with this season. This is the downside when you save up, buying no new clothes all year and pin your hopes on this stuff! :laugh:

Edited by RemarkableArmor

@RemarkableArmor it definitely took my 3TS more time to break in, not sure if it’s the logistics of the bag layout or if it’s due to not zipping as much as the jacket? I have the 2016 3TS and I’ve worn it almost daily since purchase, so that might make a difference may have made a difference in regards to your 3A-1...? Dunno really  

I was really tempted by the 59, and probably would’ve hopped on it without a seconds thought if it was paclite, or basically anything but 3L. I really dig the design overall.

The only thing I’ve snagged from the current season thus far is the P10A-E in alpha green, and I’m in fucking love with them. Quickly become my favorite pants fabric. The weight, drape, breathability, and level of water resistance/drying time all fit my purposes perfectly. It’s the only fabric I’ve found that I can wear in 80 degree weather and not immediately feel like I have twin greenhouses on my legs. I’ll probably snag any future pants models that drop in this fabric. It’s that good IMO. 

For true inner-membrane delam., there is no remedy. Would be uncommon 'after only one wash' - but if you've been wearing the jacket heavily since new and this is the first time cleaning, then that's your answer. Most delamination is caused by sweat/oil.

Seam tape delam. can be fixed w/ appropriate adhesives.

the two things that pill epic glacier something fierce are velcro and heavier denier nylons found in gear (straps, pack surfaces). on pants used in a city context it's probably not as pronounced of a  problem. 

12 hours ago, Yardsale said:

I've worn P10A-E 20-25 times already, no pilling at all. Love the fabric. Haven't had issues with color fading yet, unlike my Veilance pants that faded so bad I had to rit dye them after a season.

Same here. I have worn the pants 4 weeks more or less in a row. no pilling, no color fading (alpha green) and it is really a joy to wear them. so light and comfortable. fav piece from this year drops.