Acronym.

Westbrook

Edit - just gonna review these p30a

wearing then around the house. I had to go with a large since it was what’s left. I’m 5’10ish and the cuff when in 3/4 mode hits above the ankle still so I get the cropped look. It’s very big with the drop crouch but it’s so comfortable. The belt stays put for me due to the webbing but it’s tough to pull to tighten. 

Edited by Kamikaze

7 hours ago, X.bee said:

@kenwiryadi you don't want those anymore, but I'll take em since you don't want them anymore :ph34r:

Lol i’ll probly get buried with it

regarding the silhouette, yeah its kinda hard to tell since its ultra wide and the material is not stiff enough to maintain its shape

12 minutes ago, CARLOOA said:

Want to get a pulse on the community:

Is it bad form to buy a size you don't wear as a trade chip for a garment of correct size? 

I'm of the opinion that it is—but I'm salty at these clowns that bought L or M P30A-DS trying now to trade for a S or XS now.

I agree with you, let people who actually wear the size cop. There’s no point in sitting on an item in hopes of swapping on grailed or here. 

I’m getting real tired of all these WTT posts in the sales thread as well. 

Edited by Mixture

7 hours ago, Kamikaze said:

if you sized incorrectly or believe you could've pulled it off i can understand with a one size difference but if you are buying a large trying to trade for a xs then yeah it sucks(unless the sizing is really big)

I get that sometimes fear of missing out causes wrong behavior but I think this is even a stretch for most, most everyone knows about whether they're fitting the items or not for the super/ultra wide stuff. 

I am also still salty because I remember all those P23A-DS medium purchases by those guys who are <5'8" 140lbs because smalls sold out instantly. The profile items are the hardest to fit and I can understand.

Edited by CARLOOA

Question about the 3A-5TS:

On images of the 3A-6TS I can see that the 3A-MK3 fits nicely between its compression buckles. It looks like the 3A-MK1 is a little too big to fit between them. Is the space between compression buckles the same on the 3A-5TS? In other words, could one fit the MK3 between buckles on the 5TS?

More broadly speaking, what kind of modulars do you guys use on the 5TS/6TS? Thinking about different options right now.

On 7/6/2019 at 2:40 AM, kiraraneda said:

Which size are you?

Fit looks bigger than I expected. Product shots look pretty snug.

5’9”, 125lbs, size Small. The pants are absolutely not snug, if you’re referring to the jacket, it’s similar to the J69.

Edited by HeckHouse
Clarifying comment about pants vs. the jacket.

41 minutes ago, junkie_dolphin said:

On images of the 3A-6TS I can see that the 3A-MK3 fits nicely between its compression buckles. It looks like the 3A-MK1 is a little too big to fit between them. Is the space between compression buckles the same on the 3A-5TS? In other words, could one fit the MK3 between buckles on the 5TS?

More broadly speaking, what kind of modulars do you guys use on the 5TS/6TS? Thinking about different options right now.

Mk1 will be too big. Exchanged my mk1 for a mk3 for this very reason 

1 hour ago, dreamboatjustsoul said:

Is there any wash label on j28gt or j68ws? 

Yeah you just gotta dig for them. Tags are always hidden somewheres in the garment

Or you could just follow Gore’s instructions for said fabric, ACR basically just copy and pastes that shit on the tags

1 hour ago, dreamboatjustsoul said:

Is there any wash label on j28gt or j68ws? 

For the 28 i believe its in the left side hand pocket. Don't have mine anymore so can't double check but think thats right.

5 hours ago, junkie_dolphin said:

I was using other non acr mods for a while but wasn't really working for me. Too much faf.

Currently happy w new setup on my 6ts of all internal pockets.

https://www.bagjackshop.com/en/baicyclon-inr-pct-l_903_2331 - this is the L one

So i have 1 x large across the back 2 x small on the sides and 1 x med in the front. Means i can pack all the fiddly bits cables, kindle, chargers, sunglasses etc etc down the sides whilst still having the main compartment for jackets and quick use stuff. Saves rumaging for ages also means you fit size req's for flights which is handy.

+ Nice and cheap alt :)

47 minutes ago, brainerd666 said:

Or you could just follow Gore’s instructions for said fabric, ACR basically just copy and pastes that shit on the tags

9 minutes ago, GUNDAM said:

For the 28 i believe its in the left side hand pocket. Don't have mine anymore so can't double check but think thats right.

thanks guys, just found j68-ws's at left hand pocket, probably j28gt is at the same place. 

Btw, j68's hand pockets are enormous, quite similar to some pants' deep pocket concept, dividing one pocket into two. 

8 hours ago, junkie_dolphin said:

5TS has 10.5cm width between the straps, 6TS has 11.5cm.

MK1 width is 12cm, MK3 width is 9cm. This is at the backside though, and the front side is 0.5cm narrower.

Which means - MK1 will fit super snug on 6TS, but it fits. It's too big for 5TS though, as others have already mentioned. (unless you don't mind the straps going over the MK1s)

To back all this up, here's a pic of my 5TSR with MK3s and 6TS with MK1s:

1929121422_Photo2019-07-09200202.thumb.jpg.bb90895726c32e6ce4b3342cb18fdcb4.jpg

Edited by eyesolation

On 7/9/2019 at 7:38 AM, insomnia said:

i've got both and can try to write a comparison later. what things, in particular, would you like to know

thx,

measurements: both are pretty close to each other, maybe the same. (FIT BLOCK)

I would like to know your meaning regarding the wearing experience! = ultrawide / DFMA / any differents?

The knee silouette is different, how do you like it?

(Thinking about at DS27__ with cuffs.)

Edited by daniel

19 minutes ago, Yardsale said:

Sold my trusty J15-GT shell and now I'm without a waterproof jacket...looking to buy one new or used. If you could pick one shell to have, which would it be?

I think my favourite will always be the J28-GT, esp. in terms of the functionality of the chest pockets.

4 minutes ago, lopiteaux said:

I think my favourite will always be the J28-GT, esp. in terms of the functionality of the chest pockets.

I always thought one flak pocket is more useful than 3, but I guess it works for some people. I have P23 pants and I only use 3 of the 7-8 pockets it has.

12 minutes ago, Yardsale said:

I always thought one flak pocket is more useful than 3, but I guess it works for some people. I have P23 pants and I only use 3 of the 7-8 pockets it has.

I thought so too at first, but just find them incredibly functional. Certain pockets for certain things. I'm especially fond of the mezzanines, with the larger one used for phones, passports, notebooks, and the smaller one being the perfect fit for a cardholder wallet.

Personally, I find that it's a stark contrast with the P23A, where I pretty much only use the phone pocket. I find the placement of the side pockets very clumsy (or rather, form over function), and the zips make them even more difficult to use.

Last but not least, the hitch tabs on the J28 are really useful, given the width of the sleeves. Much more so than the other pieces I own, where I struggle to roll the sleeves up over my forearms.

The only drawback is the hood, imho. It's baggy, and makes the collar quite bulky. The folding "mechanism" means that you often end up with two air intakes on the side.

But, it's definitely my favourite waterproof jacket from Acronym. Much more so than the J1A or J47A. I'm personally not a huge fan of the chest pocket layout on either of these (I know, I know, lynch me).

Edited by lopiteaux
Jesus Christ, am I dyslexic?!