Acronym.

Westbrook

^ nope, sorry - just the spec. sheet, which back then, only had hardline diagrams - no photos. Don't think I've ever seen a 'lookbook' of any sort from the first two years. Perhaps one of the old heads could chime in and clarify. My guess is whatever copy was produced was limited to line sheet / catalogue for the few retailers to order from? Proto-SubNet.

13 hours ago, hentaiyarou69 said:

Probably a dumb question but do the mezannine pockets on the P32s fill up with water when it rains? 

Yes

Can someone comment on J1A-GT 2.2 sizing vs J47A-GT sizing? 

Basically my J47A fits nicely around the chest and tummy but the sleeves are a couple of cm too short cause of my broad shoulders. Also, I find the hood to be quite tight. 

I'm currently wearing a size M J47A, would a size L J1A-GT give me a bit more sleeve length and hood size? 

Sizing for the 1a is still up on the mothersite, can't speak for the 47a. Chest, shoulders, and sleeve length all increase if you size up.

Sizing

XS   S M  L XL
1/2 Chest 54   57 60  63 66
Length 65 68 71  74 77
Shoulders 13 13,5  14  14,5  15
Sleeves 65 67 69  71 73

58 minutes ago, hentaiyarou69 said:

Basically my J47A fits nicely around the chest and tummy but the sleeves are a couple of cm too short cause of my broad shoulders. Also, I find the hood to be quite tight. 

I'm currently wearing a size M J47A, would a size L J1A-GT give me a bit more sleeve length and hood size?

I believe the J1 is roomier around the chest than the J47A. I’m basing this on my short ownership of the J47A-WS — I haven’t tried on the GT variant yet, but expect it won’t be too far off.

Per @jeddyhsu, you’ll get the extra sleeve length with a size up. And the hood on the new J1A is cavernous.

26 minutes ago, lopiteaux said:

I believe the J1 is roomier around the chest than the J47A. I’m basing this on my short ownership of the J47A-WS — I haven’t tried on the GT variant yet, but expect it won’t be too far off.

Per @jeddyhsu, you’ll get the extra sleeve length with a size up. And the hood on the new J1A is cavernous.

I've actually looked at J1A-GT size chart vs J47A. From what I found, it seems like the shoulder and sleeve measurements for a medium J47A is the about same as a large J1A.

But if I remember correctly, the shoulder measurements on the chart is the length from where the sleeve begins to the collar. So it doesn't really say if the overall length of the sleeves when I'm wearing it will be longer if I size up from a medium J47A to a large J1A. 

Wondering if anyone who has both for a reasonable amount of time can comment on the difference. 

Edit: another reason why I think the size chart is confusing is that I've read posts of people saying the J1A is roomier around the chest but the measurements I found is 59cm vs 61cm for J1A vs J47A

Edited by hentaiyarou69

1 hour ago, hentaiyarou69 said:

I've owned a J47-GT and J1A 2.2. Sizing is tough to compare IMO because the patterns are so different but the J1A is much roomier than the J47. A J58 underneath the 47 was always very tight with anything more than a tee base layer. I have plenty of room and movement with the 58 and J1a together. 

After u pull the straps, try adjusting the waistband fabric so it’s not all bunched up where the buckles are. 

ie move the folds evenly around the waistband. That’s how I adjust mine. 

Not sure if it’s because it’s new, but the 30a seems harder to tighten compared to the 30. Just my 2 cents. 

I remember when the built in belt was introduced you either pull the straps straight down at an angle so they won’t move or you could loop the belt back into itself so the straps go inward. Unless this was changed on these it should still work 

If you pull the pants up above your hips a little you will have less friction (unless your belly is bigger than your hips). I always pull both at the same time 90 degrees outward and a little towards my back. That at least works for me (p27).

Regarding the sizing of the current j1 iteration (compared it to the j47ts, both size M).
- chest: almost identical, j1 has a little more room 
- body: j1 has more room
- shoulders/sleeves: j1 more room, the length is almost the same (j1 might be longer by a centimeter)

All of this is still marginal. I would neither size down the j1 nor size up the j47ts. 

Edited by aru
missing sizing info

Some more thoughts on the P30A-DS.

Firstly, i was genuinely surprised by how different they look and feel compared to the P30-CH, considering they're essentially the same trouser. The CH have so much more weight that they drape completely differently and hold a much more solid shape than the DS. You can see this in the photo's from the first P30 drop but wearing them is a whole different world. Now I love Dryskin, i've got over half a dozen DS pants but these are something else. They almost have a cargo pant vibe from some angles, which i really liked, and after an hour of wear, i honestly didn't feel like i was wearing pants at all, the lack of friction in movement combined with the lack of weight is just insane, it's like the pant feels like it's just floating around you. 

Other interesting things... the cuff is much wider at the bottom then the P23 style cuffs, making them much easier to put on and take off, and the zip construction is solid, to zip or unzip the cuffs, you just simply flip the bottom of the cuffs up and it's easy...very clever. Also, the belt tightening plastic things are slightly different than the european models, as is the belt ribbon. The difference is very very small but it feels a little more resistant when loosening and tightening. In theory, i guess this means less likely to slip to loosen, not that i found that a problem with other pants, other than the very first release of the P23TS.

Thanks for the tips @AvantSol, @aru, and @Kamikaze. I'll have a play this evening, although it's worth saying that the fiddling I did beforehand was surprisingly effective. To echo @Dolphinski's comments, the trousers are incredibly light - they certainly don't feel like 700g - and the waistband suprisingly effective at keeping them in place. The fabric feels much thinner and lighter than other DS I've owned, and it really feels weightless and naked. I'm still trying to figure out how to minimise the trousers tent and nappy effect, but so far I'm really feeling this as the perfect summer pant.

@Dolphinski, is there any chance you could share a fit comparison of the P30-CH and P30A-DS? I'd be very interested to see the difference in shape and drape. I'm wearing my P17-CH again today, and just reminded of how incredible the fabric and block is.

Edited by lopiteaux

Sure, i'll try and do something this weekend.

WRT tightening the pants, it's really easy once you get the jitsu. I just push both ribbons from the outside to make little loops, pop my index fingers under them and hold with thumbs, pull away from your waist to tighten and then pull the ends to lock. Easy and done in seconds,

Edited by Dolphinski

On 6/12/2019 at 6:03 AM, HeckHouse said:

Another fit pic with the P32-S and the J67, in case folks were curious about either.

DSC05804.thumb.jpg.ada0ba41f966925d951f0a00e8e062d7.jpg

Which size are you?

Fit looks bigger than I expected. Product shots look pretty snug.

Edited by kiraraneda