Acronym.

Westbrook

YMMV, I'll probably stop with the sizing advice. My issues tend to fall around my shoulders, arms & upper chest. The 68 has generous gussets on the armpit and a longer shoulder, I sized up because of the "profile" fit but I assume I would've been ok with TTS. Also, sizing up on the J36 would have worked for me, but it didnt for a lot of people here.

Some immediate thoughts on the CP4-WS:

- It's extremely light and thin; creasing doesn't seem to be a problem out of the box (I was worried I'd have to steam it before wearing it, but no). No question this thing is supremely packable, and I'll likely be stashing it in my 3A-1 for days when it's threatening to rain.

- Not sure how much rain this thing will be able to take; what's the practical wisdom regarding windstopper and water resistance?

- "Half cover mode" is not as symmetrical as I thought it would be, zipped up. From the pictures I got the impression the zipper would rest perpendicular to the floor; in reality, it rests slightly diagonally (check the photos on the mothersite—it's not just Lenny's lean).

- "Full cover mode" is how I'll likely be using this piece most of the time. The site provides instructions on how to orientate the cape for this mode, but I just reach up and centre the hood with both hands, and the cape sort of falls into place. If I haven't put my right arm through the jacket sling before switching to this mode, the weight from the sling will pull the hood clockwise and mess up the alignment. Not a huge problem, as I expect I'll be using the sling a fair bit.

- The snap near the wrist is only on the left side. I'm not sure what it's for; I'd thought it might be to keep the cape from rotating on its own, but so far I haven't had that issue. Furthermore, keeping it snapped seems to mess up the drape a little bit; the cape looks better when the snap isn't done up.

- It's quite long. I'm 6'1"; when I'm wearing it in jacketsling mode, the sling needs to be totally tightened, or there's a risk it'll touch the floor (Lenny's shorter than me, and you can see how low it goes when he has it fully tightened).

- The "one size" aspect is wonderful; it allows me to wear this over basically anything. I tried it over my Graph Cardigan and my Mionn IS Jacket with no issues at all. It also fits over my 3A. I suspect the right side was left intentionally longer than the left to accommodate bag use (after all, the hood could have been placed on the other side of the zipper—they had a choice).

- Hood adjusters work like a dream. The hood itself provides lots of coverage.

- SITH LORD VIBES.

I was already craving the J33-E, as E is a favourite of mine and the non-GT jackets are not as common, but budget is limited atm. After all the talk here and some more pics I caved and ordered one. I’ll post pics when it arrives. 

54 minutes ago, junkie_dolphin said:

- The snap near the wrist is only on the left side. I'm not sure what it's for; I'd thought it might be to keep the cape from rotating on its own, but so far I haven't had that issue. Furthermore, keeping it snapped seems to mess up the drape a little bit; the cape looks better when the snap isn't done up.

I believe this is to keep it secured from wind so you don't go full Marilyn-Monroe-over-a-grate when it gets windy. Also kind of emulates a sleeve.

54 minutes ago, junkie_dolphin said:

- Hood adjusters work like a dream. The hood itself provides lots of coverage.

Do you find that the adjusters stick out and look goofy on the sides? Mine are pretty rigid so they don't drape flush against the hood. It looks like in the product shots Lenny has the adjusters loose and free from the garage/strap that keeps them locked down so they lay flush.

I like the J33-E a lot and I'm curious if they'll ever do a GT or Stotz variant. It seems like a pattern/fit that would benefit greatly from a bit more structure, not a fan of wrinkly fabrics. I noticed when it's unzipped the jacket kinda just flops out (you can see it in the 10th photo down) not that it's a bad thing, just not something I find particularly appealing. I love those pockets though, I haven't seen any other Acronym jacket with those side hand pockets hidden under a flap like that. Is there any particular reason, or is it just stylistic? It looks really good! KG block is probably my favorite jacket pattern ever, it's just so articulated. Can't decide if I like the black or alpha green more, but I'm excited to see how people will wear it. 

15 minutes ago, DavidMN said:

I love those pockets though, I haven't seen any other Acronym jacket with those side hand pockets hidden under a flap like that. Is there any particular reason, or is it just stylistic?

Isn't that the same as j36-s just different location? 

18 minutes ago, lxkhor said:

Isn't that the same as j36-s just different location? 

If you mean having a pocket flap, yeah. Most of them do. I just meant the orientation of the flap. I think it looks cool.  Not only that, but it won't catch on the gravity pocket zipper pulls every time you walk, haha. I'm referring to the bottom two hand pockets, like you see on most jackets (to clarify). image.png.c5c729af5c33c88e2d060d1688a77e3e.png

17 hours ago, fasttimes said:

Seems plenty resistant from what I've experienced. Did it fail you in a total downpour?

It's what i read a couple pages earlier in this thread (about the P10A though). Germany weather is either too hot or too wet/cold for a lightweight spring jacket so it should withstand normal to heavier rain for my uses. Really a shame because i love the design and alpha green is such a good colorway..

Edited by dixonschneider

3 hours ago, DavidMN said:

I like the J33-E a lot and I'm curious if they'll ever do a GT or Stotz variant. It seems like a pattern/fit that would benefit greatly from a bit more structure, not a fan of wrinkly fabrics. I noticed when it's unzipped the jacket kinda just flops out (you can see it in the 10th photo down) not that it's a bad thing, just not something I find particularly appealing. I love those pockets though, I haven't seen any other Acronym jacket with those side hand pockets hidden under a flap like that. Is there any particular reason, or is it just stylistic? It looks really good! KG block is probably my favorite jacket pattern ever, it's just so articulated. Can't decide if I like the black or alpha green more, but I'm excited to see how people will wear it. 

I think the lower pocket design is close to the J29

More details on the J33-E.

The flap over the lower pocket on the 33 doubles as an added precaution to divert water from flowing into the pocket.

The material feels great next to skin and the flexible nature allows for a drape that looks good when open. Both sides of the front closure wrap all the way across the body, so I imagine it would look quite awkward open with something as rigid as GT Pro.

Massive storage space. Lower pockets extend to the front & back. Upper pockets extend forward, back & all the way up to where the collar bone seam is, with a dual entry on the left pocket.

Also, for clarification, the old "E" designation was for Epic Cotton whereas this is Encapsulated Nylon (hasn't been confirmed to be Epic yet).

20190603_141642.thumb.jpg.381f204aa21079cc655fdee40cf2a2ea.jpg20190603_141648.thumb.jpg.a34add6ba0feadea14a6519051fa212f.jpg20190606_025553.thumb.jpg.051d7a1446f62c35f6db9c4c70f4f8ab.jpg

EPIC by Nextec® fabric. It's water resistant, windproof, breathable and washable. But how? Our patented Nextec® encapsulation process is what makes it possible. The protection is inside the fabric, encapsulating the actual fibers for weatherproof performance. No laminates. No coatings.

again as Erlsn statet many times the fabric letter is not a manufacturer or product acronym but it's about the technology used to create the fabric. In other words you can apply the EPIC treatment to both cotton and nylon.

I really like the J33! Long cut, KG fit, asymetric, lots of ACR DNA as Aa in dna, reminds me at the SISP Stealth Jkt.

I'm really looking forward to see this again in different fabrics.

GT, J46-FO / WS likewise, S.

(an Approved version as in 47A would be crazy :) )

Edited by daniel

Its nice to see smiles while wearing Acronym or other techwear. Normally people just look like their puppy just died. Love the pants in that fit! I also regret selling my black DAF-1, they look so good and subtle. 

I also received the j68-ws earlier this week. Sharing my impressions:

The closing options and convertible collar make this one almost feel like two Jackets in one.
I like the storm flaps / collar up and top button closed look the most. 
I also love the asymmetric details when it is flat / fully closed . 
The shorter cut might not be for everyone, I think it looks "different" in a good way.
The jacket also works with a lot of types of pants imo, I can wear it with almost every pant I own. 
I was sceptic about the dangling zips at first but after three short wears I have had no issues.  
Unfortuneatly the main zip does not feel smooth to me. The same zipper was used on the j62-pb and it always felt "off" to me, but I got used to it.

Sizing: 
I chose to stick to the usual size M (181cm / 80 kg) and it fits perfectly with a t-shirt or sweater underneath. I can also layer a liner underneath (Mionn IS) but I dont feel like I should. It is definetly smaller than my other size M acr jackets, but I am not sure if I could get away with a size L and just a t-shirt underneath. I would not recommend sizing up.
Generally I tend to pick my size exclusively by the half chest measurement on the mother site and it never failed me. 

16 hours ago, aru said:

I also received the j68-ws earlier this week. Sharing my impressions:

The closing options and convertible collar make this one almost feel like two Jackets in one.
The shorter cut might not be for everyone, I think it looks "different" in a good way.
The jacket also works with a lot of types of pants imo, I can wear it with almost every pant I own. 
I was sceptic about the dangling zips at first but after three short wears I have had no issues.  
Unfortuneatly the main zip does not feel smooth to me. The same zipper was used on the j62-pb and it always felt "off" to me, but I got used to it.

Sizing: 
I chose to stick to the usual size M (181cm / 80 kg) and it fits perfectly with a t-shirt or sweater underneath. I can also layer a liner underneath (Mionn IS) but I dont feel like I should. It is definetly smaller than my other size M acr jackets, but I am not sure if I could get away with a size L and just a t-shirt underneath. I would not recommend sizing up.
Generally I tend to pick my size exclusively by the half chest measurement on the mother site and it never failed me. 

Good summary, couldn't agree more - especially regarding the sizing. I'm usually an L and regret not sticking to it, although the profile fit means that the XL is still great. And it's one of my favourite pieces.

Edited by lopiteaux

4 hours ago, lopiteaux said:

Very good summary, couldn't agree more - especially regarding the sizing. I'm usually an L and regret not sticking to it, although the profile fit means that the XL is still great. And it's one of my favourite pieces.

I'm between size S and M for jackets, went for M on this one and don't regret it. It's definitely one of the smaller models.

11 hours ago, aru said:

All of this is consistent with what this jacket is - their version of the classic leather biker jacket. The collar and closure work the same way, the short cut, and the general pocket layout. 

1 hour ago, RemarkableArmor said:

The 68 looks like the perfect fit on you! How’s the rigidity on the collar etc if it’s similar to 46U? My concern was that it would be too floppy in WS vs S.

Windstopper material for J68-WS is gore tex infinium different from J47A-WS windstopper material, more like J46U-WS. Collar is less rigid than J68-S. J68-S collar stands better and looks better. 

1 hour ago, HeckHouse said:

J67 arrived! Fit doesn’t seem to match the measurements on the site—it’s right in line with the J69. Fits like a lightweight, weatherproof hoodie. I’m a big fan of the material. Apologies that the hair is obscuring the hood.

Not surprised the measurements are more like J69. The fit in product shots looks almost identical. Are you able to flip the collar over like with the 69 or is the collar too padded from the hood?